Blood Bond by Mawgy
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Categories: Erestor's Library Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel
Beta Reader: Naresha
Challenge: Written For...: None
Genre: Angst
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Posted at...: Erestor Lovers
Timeline: 2 - First Age, 4 - Third Age
Warnings: Death, Incest, Nudity, Sexual Situations, Slash, Undisclosed
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 7 Completed: No Word count: 21544 Read: 74530 Published: August 07, 2008 Updated: October 17, 2008

1. Chapter 1 by Mawgy

2. Chapter 2 by Mawgy

3. Chapter 3 by Mawgy

4. Chapter 4 by Mawgy

5. Chapter 5 by Mawgy

6. Chapter 6 by Mawgy

7. Chapter 7 by Mawgy

Chapter 1 by Mawgy
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. ???
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 1



Glorfindel walked amongst his father’s people milling around the markets in the small town situated on the far border of Gondolin and smiled politely to all he passed. Recent reports of orcs in the area had forced him from his privileged existence at his father’s side. Lord Finlay often felt those living in remote areas must feel cut off from the main populace and these accounts of enemy threats surely would have them feeling more isolated than ever before. He had therefore decided to send a large number of men to rid the villagers of the problem and would leave at least half of those to remain in the area permanently. To ensure the people of the area would understand his concern, Finlay sent his eldest son, Glorfindel, to oversee everything.

Glorfindel had returned two days ago from slaughtering all the orcs they were able to track, and had ordered some soldiers to remain in the wilderness for any foes that may appear later. Yesterday morning he had gone over plans with a local architect on the barracks that were to be built to house the soldiers staying in the area. That afternoon was spent in discussion with locals, addressing their concerns and any suggestions they put forth. Aside from a few of the locals protesting to military presence in their town, everything was going very smoothly. Glorfindel and his men were staying in the town’s only tavern, often more than six to a single room and that was with half already out on patrol. Glorfindel, of course, had a room to himself, unaccustomed to sharing anything of his with others… except for his bed, one night at a time.

Glorfindel was expected to report to his father in a week’s time, and thus originally decided to remain amongst the locals and soak in their hospitality until it was time to depart. However, after spending another night on a paper-thin mattress and bathing in cold river water, he was ready to return to his life of luxury. But before he went home, a few souvenirs for his parents might be a wise purchase and so, Glorfindel went to the busy morning markets. Being a country town, most that lived here were farmers and weavers of fabric, needing a fair expanse of land to cultivate their stock and produce, so there was little in the way of luxury items to buy. However, Glorfindel managed to find a few well-made golden hairpins in the shape of peacocks for his mother and a new paperweight for his father, in the shape of an oliphaunt.

Having made his purchases, Glorfindel started to head back to the inn. As the sun was now climbing high into the sky, more people had flocked to the markets. It was starting to be hard for Glorfindel to move through the crowd, even though most moved out of his way, bowing graciously as they did. It was a surprise to Glorfindel how many people truly lived in the area, given there were only about one hundred homes in the vicinity. But he shrugged it off, guessing many farmers lived further away but came to town to buy or sell various wares.

Glorfindel had just moved into the fresh fruit area and looked over the sea of heads and sighed as he continually sidestepped many people. Just as a group of fair-haired ladies left his line of vision, a dark haired male stood up straight, after reaching out to squeeze a tomato. He was half turned to Glorfindel and from the profile of the young elf; the lord could immediately tell he was a real beauty indeed.

Not often did Glorfindel find darker haired elves attractive, but the fine eyebrows, black eyes and red lips, all set into the palest skin he had ever seen made the elf all the more comely. Blonde hair simply would not be as beautiful on this one as black- no… blue…blue/black was. As the stranger moved along the tables and the sun glinted off his long shimmering hair, streaks of blue became apparent with each turn of his head.

Glorfindel no longer cared for the crowd and the masses of people that he now bumped into as he rushed towards the vision before him. Mere metres away from his target, Glorfindel watched as the gorgeous creature bought half a dozen apples… how the older elf behind the stall lightly brushed his fingers over the young one’s… the way the owner caught a slim wrist and gently pulled the heavenly being towards him to whisper softly in the other’s ear… and then… he smiled. Those full, ruby lips slowly opened into a smile, revealing perfectly straight, white teeth, and the dark orbs danced in delight.

Glorfindel’s knees melted and his heart thumped at the sight of a single smile from the angelic creature before him. Just as the fruiter released the slim arm, Glorfindel saw the dark elf turn away and began walking down the aisle of shops, squeezing through the smallest of gaps in the crowd.

Glorfindel hurried to catch him, but it was near impossible to move. After he shuffled past several shops, Glorfindel resigned himself to the fact he would not reach the other elf for some time yet, despite the other’s casual pace and frequent stops at shops. Glorfindel was content just to keep him in sight for the time being, and never took his eyes off his quarry for a second.


~*~


Easily half an hour passed before Glorfindel came close to the elf he was tracking. The young one had exited the fruit section long ago and had just stopped at a stall selling animals. But not cattle or horses or any other animal Glorfindel suspected would be of great use out here, rather small animals that could be kept in doors. He had heard of such creatures being kept as amusement and companionship by many elves, but since he never had one himself, did not see the appeal in them. As far as he could tell, cats were just an annoyance that got underfoot, at least Ecthelion’s always did.

That was until the beauty in front of him carefully picked up a kitten as dark in colour as his own hair. Bright green eyes peeked out from the black fur and did not look away from the exquisite elf smiling at him. The elf brought the kitten closer to his face and brushed their noses together, which the kitten instantly started licking. The elf crinkled his nose and smiled brightly. He brought the feline to his neck and gave it a good scratching. Glorfindel stopped about five metres away, pretending to browse the items on sale there, but continued watching this mysterious elf.

The salesman at the pet store said something Glorfindel could not make out, but which made his prey smile all the more. The kitten, meanwhile, was clawing at the elf’s hair and robe, trying to escape the hands holding him so he could investigate many new things outside of his cage. The elf holding him laughed as the salesman gave him a hand and pulled the struggling kitten away. The dark elf gave a half-hearted frown as the kitten was placed in confinement once more. The owner tried bargaining with the mysterious elf, but he kindly waved the man off and continued walking down the aisle.


~*~


Glorfindel trailed the dark elf until the end of the aisle, where he did not turn to go up another, but rather continued walking ahead, presumably towards his house. At last, Glorfindel had a chance to break free from the crowd and quickly ran to catch up to the other elf.

“Excuse me, you forgot this!” Glorfindel said jubilantly as he skidded to a halt beside the stranger and held up a small box with large holes on the side. The dark elf looked surprised at the box, knowing he had not bought anything aside from the apples today.

“I am afraid you are mistaken,” he said silkily, only now moving his eyes to Glorfindel’s visage. “Oh, my lord,” he bowed deeply. “Forgive me, I was distracted.”

“‘Tis fine, but please, accept this gift. Such beauty often wilts when left in solitude,” Glorfindel lightly ran a finger down the dark one’s cheek. Just then, a soft mewling came from the box in the lord’s grasp. The younger elf looked into the holes and saw large green eyes turn in his direction before a loud ‘meow’ sounded.

“You were following me, my lord?” Erestor asked cautiously, his eyes mistrustingly swinging to Glorfindel.

“Our paths crossed and I just happened to be on the same one as you. However, I did notice the longing in your eyes when you saw this little one. And I thought, if I could ease your desire in this instance, then I could try my hand at another of your cravings…” Glorfindel spoke lowly and took a step closer to the other elf.

“My lord! You are being far too forward with me!” the dark haired one said with a smile and spun away from Glorfindel. “You do not even know my name!”

“Then tell me, so I may be even more so forward as to invite you to my room right now.”

The dark elf laughed gaily, throwing his head back as his whole body shook. “I am Erestor, my lord Glorfindel.”

“Errrestoooor…” Glorfindel whispered to himself, rolling his tongue, feeling the name upon his lips and liking it. Erestor stood a metre away, a smile playing upon his lips as his eyes glowed. “Very well then, Erestor, would you like to accompany me to my rooms?”

“My lord! I am a hundred and twenty-eight years old and NEVER have I been approached so brazenly! I believe, what you were truly going to ask me was to walk me home perhaps? Maybe carry my acquired items for me as you do so?” Erestor teased.

“You are 128?” Glorfindel asked, astonished. He would have thought Erestor to be a little over his majority, maybe even seventy-five, but certainly not over his first full century!

“Aye, I am.”

“And, are you unbound?”

Erestor cocked his head to the side and smiled sheepishly. “I am.”

“It is said that elves over a hundred that have not married are destined to strange fates…” Glorfindel said softly and moved in closer to Erestor.

Erestor looked up at the figure looming over him from beneath heavy lashes. “And what of you? If my memory is correct, you are four years older than me and still unattached. Has your life been strange these past thirty odd years?”

“No more so than the first hundred!” Glorfindel smiled and leaned in close for a kiss.

“Are you disappointed?” Erestor asked, his words stopping Glorfindel’s movement.

“With what?”

“My age. If I were under age, you could ask my father for permission and certainly he would grant it to a lord. But I am closer to your age than you first suspected and it is my permission you need. However, in all my life I have never once allowed any to do more than kiss me, and I never will, save the one to whom I shall be bound. What say you to that, Lord Glorfindel?” Erestor asked seriously, though his eyes still shone brightly.

“May I walk you home? Perhaps even carry those heavy apples for you too?” Glorfindel asked, stepping away.

“How kind of you to ask. I accept your invitation,” Erestor smiled and passed the fruit over to the blonde before leading the way home.

“Is your father a farmer?” Glorfindel asked, wanting to find out more about Erestor.

“No, he is the only qualified teacher in the area. Though most cease schooling at the age of thirty, usually to help their families more or to begin one of their own.”

“And what of you? Do you help your father school others?”

“Occasionally, but I am also continuing my studies privately and writing a book on the politics of a small communal area, such as this one, at Lord Finaly’s request.”

“Oh? And why would he want you to do that?”

“Strictly speaking, he did not ask me personally. He requested it from the palace representative living here, but he does not have the time, nor the writing skills to do it, so he asked my father. My father could not work within the timeframe given so he asked me and I accepted. I was asked two months ago and it should be done in another three or four weeks, though it is not due for another three months. I believe it is to help Lord Finlay understand the inner workings of a small community compared to that of a large one,” Erestor explained.

“Oh. It sounds rather boring to me, but many important things are,” Glorfindel half-joked.

“Personally, I find it fascinating. I have not thoroughly looked into a highly populated area’s structure, but from what little I have read, it is clear for me to see that lords have the most amount of power, yet are in the lowest percentile of people for that area. Peasants make up ninety-two percent of the population, yet have no power or opportunity to have a say in how they are governed. Yet out here, because we are such a small population, more power comes from the masses, since those appointed to liaise is one of us. They were not born to privilege, they earned it. And so, to keep in favour with the rest of the populace, they often consult everyone on various issues,” Erestor said with exuberance. Glorfindel could tell how much Erestor enjoyed learning and remarking upon his knowledge from the twinkle in his eye.

“Ah, here we are!” Erestor smiled and half-pointed to a modest house in front of them. It was small, with two levels and a garden filled with flowers of all kinds out the front. A small picket fence outlined their property and a gate was left open in invitation at the end of a pebble-stoned path, leading straight to the front door. “I see father is still in class,” Erestor said, indicating to the building next to the house. It was a building made up of a single large room, windows covered the top half of all but one wall. Inside, Glorfindel could see several elves seated, all facing the one person at the front. As Glorfindel scanned the faces of those in the class he noted the age of the students ranged from early childhood up to a couple who were almost adults.

“How can your father teach so many at one time?” Glorfindel asked, having had private tutors his entire life.

“He usually gives the older students work to occupy themselves with at first, then instructs the younger ones. I occasionally help him; privately work with some while he is educating others. He never complains, so I can only imagine he likes his occupation very much. I think it would drive me insane, personally, if I had to do it all the time. So, shall we go inside?” Erestor asked, turning towards Glorfindel and started backing away while a mischievous smile played around his lips.

“Yes, I believe we shall,” Glorfindel answered, entranced by Erestor’s movements. Erestor smiled brightly and turned around to walk down the path, his hips swaying in time to his walk. “I shall follow you anywhere,” the lord husked. Erestor made no response, but his eyes twinkled all the more. Stepping up to the door, he opened it and walked inside. Glorfindel had to bend down to tread through the threshold. They entered immediately into the kitchen and dining area. It was small and the furniture was old, but it was clearly well loved and used often. There was a doorway behind Glorfindel as he stood facing the kitchen, which led to a lounging area. There was a hallway to his left, the destination of which he could not see. And next to that were the stairs leading up to the second level.

“May I offer you a cup of tea? Water? Or whatever else may quench your thirst?” Erestor offered as he walked around the table and over to the sink.

“Only if you are also offering the directions to your room,” Glorfindel’s eyes blazed and seared into Erestor’s as the younger elf turned around.

“Might I be so bold as to state you have rather a one-track mind, my lord?” Erestor half laughed.

“You may say whatever you wish, as long as your words eventually lead to what I wish to hear.”

“Then I fear I must reiterate my original statement and confess that until I am bound, my words, and my body, shall lead to no such place,” Erestor said with as much authority as he could muster before turning to fill the kettle with water. He started a small fire in the fireplace and placed the kettle on a metal framework so the water could come to boil.

Glorfindel silently placed the items he carried on the table and stepped up behind Erestor, placing his hands lightly around the slim elf’s waist.

“You also admitted earlier that you do at least kiss,” Glorfindel murmured, pressing his face to Erestor’s neck, breathing in the other’s unique scent and placing butterfly kisses against the soft, light coloured skin. “Would you deny me that?” He moved highly up and darted his tongue out to lick at Erestor’s ear. Erestor had to grasp the edge of the sink to balance himself, else fall completely into Glorfindel’s arms.

“I only met you today, my lord,” he whimpered as his entire ear-tip was surrounded by heated wetness and teeth nipped gently at the delicate skin.

“I have lain with others in less time than we have shared together,” Glorfindel spoke once he had released Erestor’s ear and leaned his head down once more, his lips seeking out Erestor’s.

“It is still not a sufficient enough amount of time to have passed for me to know whether or not I desire to kiss you,” Erestor said, turning his head away as Glorfindel’s came closer.

“Then why do we not try and see if any cravings do rise- I mean, arise, from it?” Glorfindel smirked, his left hand firmly turning Erestor’s head back towards him and his lips easily closed over the ruby mouth before him. Blue eyes fluttered closed as he tasted the sweetest nectar the Valar had ever created. All flavours from this moment forth would taste of ash in his mouth lest it be Erestor he was ingesting. Seeking more of the heavenly taste, he dipped Erestor’s head back against his shoulder and leaned in closer, a tongue snaking out, savouring all sensations while on its quest for deeper access.

Erestor’s eyes closed not of his volition. Glorfindel’s kiss was much gentler than Erestor had been expecting in comparison to how tightly he was being held in place. Rather than ravaging, Glorfindel’s mouth moved softly against his, instead of claiming, his tongue sought. Erestor let out a soft sigh, his knees going weak and he sagged against Glorfindel.

Glorfindel, knowing this elf would stop him if he did anything inappropriate, slowly moved away, breaking their kiss. Blue eyes, darker than they had been moments ago, gazed down on Erestor’s face and delighted with what they saw.

Erestor remained frozen for a few seconds and did not dare to open his eyes, relishing the moment just passed. His lips were slightly parted and still moist. A pink tongue darted out to run itself along his bottom lip, a reminder of the pressure that had been there an instance ago. Dark eyes slowly opened and focussed on Glorfindel’s face. Sunlight streamed through the window behind the sink and highlighted golden flecks randomly dotted throughout Erestor’s otherwise dark eyes.

Breathless, Erestor continued leaning against Glorfindel and merely stared in awe at the golden lord. Glorfindel smiled softly down at the younger elf and squeezed him around the middle gently. The movement reminded Erestor that there was more to him than just a wildly beating heart and lips that had just been kissed. He drew breath again through his parted lips and continued looking at Glorfindel in amazement.

“Erestor?”

Erestor jumped out of Glorfindel’s arms and looked at his father, whom was watching them quite closely.

“Father! How was, er, I mean, I would like you to meet Glorfindel. *Lord* Glorfindel. This is my father, Earane.”

“Oh, Lord Glorfindel,” Earane bowed low. “It is an honour to meet you. Please, won’t you make yourself at home?” he said and pulled out a chair for him.

“Thankyou. I am also honoured to meet you. Erestor indicated you to me earlier when you were teaching. I must admit I am a great admirer of anyone who has the patience to educate others, especially if there are some who are less than willing to learn,” Glorfindel smiled cheekily. He turned and sat down at the table. Earane pretended not to notice the bulge emanating from the front of Glorfindel’s trousers.

“I take it you were one such student?” Earane asked kindly. “Erestor! The kettle!” he exclaimed as the whistling continued on much as it had since he had walked into the room.

“Oh!” Erestor grabbed a cloth and wrapped it around the handle of the kettle and lifted it off the flame.

“Indeed I was, but I at least had respect for my tutors that did not give up trying to educate me,” Glorfindel explained. Erestor placed half a teaspoon of leaves in three cups, then poured the hot water in afterwards.

“I cannot say I have had many students like that over the years, given that they are aware their education is limited, but the occasional one here and there is to be expected,” Earane offered. Erestor gave all the cups a quick stir and then placed them on the table.

“Look what Lord Glorfindel bought for me, father,” Erestor smiled and opened the box with the kitten in it and pulled the small animal out. “Isn’t he adorable?” Erestor asked, holding the dark kitten up high and brushing his cheek against the soft fur.

“That is quite a gift, Lord Glorfindel, especially for one whom you have only just met,” Earane said and sat down himself.

“Truly it is a mere trinket to me,” Glorfindel waved Earane’s comment away.

“Well I love it,” Erestor hugged the kitten and sat down next to Glorfindel, giving the lord a thankful smile.

“Could I bother you for some sugar, please?” Glorfindel asked, changing the subject entirely.

“Oh, yes of course. How remiss of me,” Erestor berated himself. “Would you also care for milk?”

“No thankyou, just sugar,” Glorfindel replied. Erestor nodded once and stood up, still holding the kitten, to retrieve the sugar bowl and a spoon. “Thankyou,” Glorfindel said as the sugar was placed in front of him. Erestor took his seat again and moved his cup away so he could place the little black furball on the table and pet it.

“I see you have a bit of a sweet-tooth, my lord,” Earane spoke out loud when he noticed Glorfindel taking his fifth spoonful of sugar.

“Just a little,” Glorfindel said sheepishly.

“And what might you have bought from the markets today, Erestor?” Earane asked his son, who was busy teasing the cat with its own tail.

“Just apples today,” he said, distracted by the adorable creature in front of him.

Earane looked at the apples, then at the package sitting right next to them. “Then I assume this is yours, Lord Glorfindel?” he pointed to the parcel as he reached out for an apple. “Please, help yourself,” he indicated to the apples.

“I won’t, thankyou. But yes, they are mine. Presents for my parents.”

“My, you are in a generous mood today. I was not aware your father’s philanthropist nature passed to you.” Glorfindel smiled, assuming Earane spoke of his father’s excellent leadership qualities. “So how long do you plan to remain in our humble community?”

“I have a week until I am needed back at the palace. And so long as I am still welcome here, I hope to remain until then,” Glorfindel smiled at Erestor playing with the cat and leant over to rub the little one’s fur, his hand also coming into contact with Erestor’s. Neither moved away.

“I cannot see a reason for us to run you out of town,” Earane said with a small laugh, though he might as well have been talking to the wall for all the response he was given. Erestor and Glorfindel were stroking the kitten idly, but their gazes were now directed whole-heartedly at each other. Erestor wore a goofy smile on his face, while Glorfindel’s lustful countenance also hinted towards some affection he felt for the dark haired elf.

“Well,” Earane cleared his throat, “the lunch break is almost over, I had best see what my students are up to.” He quickly drank his tea and set it down on the table. “Enjoy your afternoon, my Lord, Erestor. Oh, and Erestor, I have a meeting with a few of the parents after school. I do not expect to be home until late. Veee-ry late,” he emphasised and then walked out.

Erestor gave his father a scolding look as the teacher left, firmly closing the front door behind him and whistling as he walked down the path. A moment later, the gate bordering their garden swung on its rusty hinges and locked into place. Erestor’s eyes rolled in his head and then he stiffened as Glorfindel put an arm tightly around his shoulders and the lord leant in close.

“You heard him- we have the rest of the day, and this house, to ourselves. I believe our next destination should be your bed chamber,” Glorfindel smiled, nuzzling the side of Erestor’s face.

“You really are far too persistent, my lord!” Erestor exclaimed and picked up the kitten. “Right now, I am far more interested in naming this little one.” He brought the kitten to his face and rubbed his nose against the cat’s wet one. “Do you have any requests?”

“No, he is yours, you should name him. Though, I see you are very attached to him. Perhaps too attached. Maybe, I should take him with me, then possibly you shall follow to wherever *I* lead,” Glorfindel said and scratched the cat’s head again.

Erestor levelled the blonde with a glare, his eyes narrowing in warning.

“All right!” Glorfindel smiled and moved back, his hands held in front of him, palms facing Erestor. “I know when to back off.” Erestor relaxed and turned back to the kitten. “But do not think that I have given up the hunt,” Glorfindel grinned. Erestor merely shook his head, exasperated, and continued fussing his new pet.



TBC




AN: A HUGE SORRY for the LOOOONG delay with updates to BOTH Chains Unseen and especially Through the Ages. I really am very disappointed in myself and so regretful I have not given you guys a new chapter in MONTHS now. But I will very shortly be free to continue with both fics again soon. So please hold on, just a little while longer, ok? Thanks.

Also, just to remind everyone, there is now only a matter of WEEKS until the Glorestor competition is officially closed for 2008. Entries are being accepted until the end of August and there are GREAT prizes to win! So what are you waiting for!? Go here:
http://community.livejournal.com/glorestor/profile
to check out the prizes and rules!

Thanks,

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, more to come soon (I and I really do mean that!)

Luv Mawgy
Chapter 2 by Mawgy
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. ???
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 2



Erestor sat in his office and was taken by surprise when two arms suddenly seized him from behind and a nose started nuzzling at his throat. He smiled and relaxed into the blonde lord behind him.

“Glorfindel…” he breathed.

“Erestor,” Glorfindel said and claimed Erestor’s lips in a fiery kiss. Erestor tilted his head back and allowed Glorfindel to have his fill. Glorfindel’s tongue swept throughout Erestor’s mouth, leaving no crevice unexplored before wrapping itself around Erestor’s and pumped against it.

Erestor sighed as a hand opened the top button of his robe and snuck inside, searching for a nipple. Erestor gasped around Glorfindel’s tongue as a fingernail gently stroked over his tight, pink bud and arched his chest, wanting more.

“Noe!” Erestor cried out and clamped his hand over Glorfindel’s through his robe. Erestor slowly moved his head away from Glorfindel’s and used his other arm to purposely remove his lover’s hand from his robes.

Glorfindel smirked at Erestor’s harsh look. “Just testing the waters,” he shrugged off and pressed a quick kiss to Erestor’s forehead. Erestor raised his eyebrow questioningly and did his button up again. “I find myself surprised at how many neck-high robes you have. I could swear you have worn one every single day I have been here.”

“I wonder why,” Erestor replied sarcastically.

“But it is your fault for being so tempting!” Glorfindel whined. “It is my last day here.” The lord bent down again and took Erestor’s lips into a fierce kiss. Erestor allowed the lip-lock for a few moments, then moved his head away.

“There is actually something very important I have to discuss with you,” he merely said in reply to Glorfindel’s questioning look.

“But I return home tomorrow… your news shall have to wait,” Glorfindel leant forwards and grasped Erestor’s wrist.

“It is on that very matter I wish to speak,” Erestor spoke and tried not to let Glorfindel’s skilled mouth, now kissing and licking his captive hand, affect him.

“Oh?” Glorfindel asked, not even bothering to look up from his task.

“Yes. I- nrrrgh,” Erestor moaned as Glorfindel sucked on the inside of his wrist. When he almost fell off his chair, he came to his senses and yanked his hand away. “Now stop it!” he said firmly. “And sit down!” Erestor pointed harshly to the couch pressed against the far back wall of his study.

“Erestor…” Glorfindel purred and tried to move closer to his beloved.

“No! Now if you cannot control yourself, then I shall be forced to send you to the corner!” Erestor nearly shouted, his face stern. Glorfindel gave up, and sighed, walking over to the couch Erestor had indicated. He flopped onto the forest green cushioning and lounged comfortably.

Erestor turned his chair around again so he was facing Glorfindel.

“Tomorrow you are to return to the palace and resume your normal activities. I doubt I shall see you again down this way for some time. However, I have almost finished my report to your father and there is little else I can do on it here. A week ago I had planned to go to the city in a month’s time to finish my research and personally hand in my findings. Yet for the past week, I have been working on this report late at night, trying to finish as much as I can, so that I might be able to come with you when you return home. That is, if you would have me for your companion?” Erestor asked hopefully.

Glorfindel sat up from couch and grinned merrily. “I would indeed have you,” he winked.

“There is a condition to this though.”

“Oh?”

“Yes, although I have been working hard, I have not been able to finish all I need to before I travel. Therefore, if I come with you tomorrow, you must promise to leave me alone for today so that I might complete what must be done in time for our departure.”

“For the whole day?” Glorfindel mournfully asked.

“Yes, for the whole day. Though I might permit you to visit me for lunch and dinner, provided you promise to be on your best behaviour!”

“But what else could I do today instead?” the lord continued to sulk.

“You could go ride your horse.”

“But you took me on a tour four days ago. Surely you remember- we ended up in that hayloft and-”

“Only because there was an injured owl up there!” Erestor spoke over the blonde. “How about a picnic?”

“I doubt it would be as much fun to end up in the lake alone as it was our first day together.”

“We were startled by the birds! For whose benefit do you twist such innocent moments?” Erestor breathed in slowly and levelled Glorfindel with a disturbed gaze.

“Glorfindel, this past week with you has been wondrous. It truly has. We have spent much time together and while I think there may be some kind of future for us possible, every time we have been alone, you try to press your advantage. I have told you over and over again the ONLY circumstance in which I may bed another, but you seem not to have any regard for my boundaries. Might I inquire as to your thoughts on our situation? Seldom do I leave my home and I will not do so this time if your only wish is unseemly,” Erestor said, his heart pounding, fearful his growing affections would not be met.

Glorfindel sighed and leaned forward, resting his elbows on his knees with his hands clasped together in the middle.

“I would marry you,” Glorfindel said, looking at his hands.

“Marry me? Just for the chance to lay with me?” Erestor asked.

“Yes- NO! I mean, yes, that is one reason, but not the ONLY,” he said and looked up, hoping Erestor would stop frowning at him. “I would have you as my mate, to love and honour, however you deem fit, for all eternity. I know my dalliances in the past have not been honourable, but I would not see you defamed so. Not even by myself. I may press the advantage, but never would I take what you would not willingly give me. And though I wish to be connected to you in the most intimate of ways as soon as possible, I shall wait, if you wish, and court you for a full year before any plans of bonding are made.”

Erestor slowly sucked in his breath and a smile blossomed upon his face. Without warning, he leapt from his chair, over a coffee table and jumped into Glorfindel’s arms. He straddled the blonde’s lap and held the blonde head steady, his eyes gazing deeply into sky blue orbs.

“You are not playing, my lord? Truly, you would have me forever?”

“I would have you for longer, were that possible.”

Erestor’s bottom lip twitched and his eyes watered up. For the first time, Erestor initiated a kiss, and brought his lips tenderly, passionately, to Glorfindel’s. Their mouths melted to one another’s and their tongues met with no hint of hesitancy. Each now knew whom their soul would be bound to forever.



TBC









AN:Hope you all enjoyed the 2nd instalment of ‘Blood Bond’, the next chapter isn’t too far away!

And, just another reminder- Glorestor competition ends in just over two weeks. Good luck to everyone who has entered, and to all those desperately trying to finish any last-minute fics or pics.

Thanks for reading,

Mawgy
Chapter 3 by Mawgy
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. ???
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 3



Erestor met Glorfindel at the inn where the lord had been staying. He had packed lightly, Glorfindel already promising to buy him an entire new wardrobe when they reached the palace.

Last night Erestor had been so giddy he told his father all Glorfindel had confessed and that he himself could not have been happier were he marrying Namo himself (though at that moment thunderbolts sounded loudly in the sky and Erestor ceased speaking thus). His father was happy for him; Earane definitely appreciated that Glorfindel was a lord and could provide for his son, though he knew no such thoughts had entered Erestor’s head.

Earane had been waiting ever since Erestor’s majority for his son to find happiness in the arms of another and marry, and with each passing year he despaired that Erestor would be fated to never find his intended one and instead lead a bizarre and varied life. But with joyous news, Earane’s fears vanished and he hugged his son over and over again, giving his blessing for this union many times. He even pulled out his wedding robe and offered it to Erestor to wear on his day of bonding. Erestor tearfully accepted it and hugged his father tightly.

This morning though, no such tears were marring Erestor’s face as he waited for Glorfindel to finish readying his horse. To keep himself busy, Erestor checked for the thousandth time that he had all his notes and necessary equipment to continue his report. He also made sure he had two day’s worth of clothes, but worried his robes would be unfashionably creased by the time they reached the palace and he would look unworthy of their son’s love when presented to the Lord and Lady of the Golden Flower.

Before he could fret so far as to chew at his bottom lip, Glorfindel caught Erestor’s hand in his, and began leading them down the road that led out of town and eventually to the palace.

Glorfindel smiled and nodded his head to all that bowed to him. Aside from a few less than friendly glares, Erestor knew none of the attention was directed at him, but was still disturbed and a little embarrassed because of it.

“Relax,” Glorfindel whispered in his ear.

“I am beginning to prefer the times we spent in private,” Erestor half-joked.

“Well, if you like, I doubt anyone else has hired out my room at the inn, we could just turn around now and-”

“You are incorrigible!” Erestor laughed, throwing his head back.

“I take it that is a ‘no’?” Glorfindel clarified with a cheeky grin.

“That is a big refusal, my lord,” Erestor smiled, his eyes lit with joy.

“Just so long as you do not refuse my other proposal, then I can live with it.”

“Oh? And what proposal would that be?”

“Do not play coy with me, Erestor.”

“Technically, you never asked me to bind myself to you. You merely told me of your wish for us to do so. In which case, I am of course, hoping for a lovely candle-lit dinner, music playing in the background, perhaps a dance and a romantic stroll in the moonlight before you ask me for my hand. Anything less than that and I may have to refuse. After all, I never actually gave my consent in the first place, even if it is what I wish for too,” Erestor said matter-of-factly.

“But, if you wish for it too, then why should I go to all that trouble?” Glorfindel asked, his forehead crinkling as though he was attempting to solve a complex puzzle.

“Because I still want romance. I want it to be perfect and for me to be swept away by the moment. Oh…it shall be a grand night with fond memories for us both and a grand story to tell,” Erestor said softly with a smile and rested his head upon Glorfindel’s arm as his eyes envisioned the scene right before them.

“I cannot imagine why you would want such a thought out, organised evening. Personally, I think romance comes from surprise and spur of the moment actions. Such as,” Glorfindel released Erestor’s hand and quickly wrapped it around the younger elf’s waist, bringing the beautiful face closer to his own. He sealed his lips over Erestor’s and kissed his beloved breathless. “Such as an unexpected kiss on a busy road, surrounded by people while leading two horses homewards,” Glorfindel smiled gently down at Erestor.

“While what you say does hold some appeal, I would like a little effort to go into a proposal of marriage,” Erestor said, a goofy smile on his face as his and Glorfindel’s hand connected again.

“Well, I shall see what the moment calls for when it arrives,” Glorfindel said non-committedly and then started walking again.

~*~*~*~*~

Once they reached the edges of the small town, they turned to mount their horses.

“You know what will make this moment VERY romantic?” Glorfindel asked.

“If you are about to suggest a race, I would very much beg to differ.”

“No, I was going to suggest for us to share a horse. After all, it is late autumn; the wind can be very chilly. What better way to spend the next few hours than rugged up in my cloak, my arms around you, our bodies in close contact…?” Glorfindel asked huskily, inching slowly over to Erestor with every word.

“That does sound wonderful. However, I would ask that you let me down before we reach the main city.”

“You do not want to be carried into the city on my horse, your back pressed tightly against my front, a dark vision for all to see. All the maidens shall indeed be jealous of you, and for more than one reason, I assure you,” Glorfindel teased with a knowing smile.

“No, I do not,” Erestor said firmly. “Now hand me your sack so I can attach it to Aura.” Glorfindel handed his small bag of belongings over and Erestor tied it to his horse.

Just as Erestor moved away, Glorfindel brought the end of a rope over. Erestor followed the line of the cord and saw it was tied to Glorfindel’s horse.

“She does not need to be led around by a leash!” Erestor exclaimed and undid the half-tied knot. “You know to follow us, don’t you girl?” Erestor asked his horse, rubbing her soft hair gently. She whinnied in response and stomped her foot. “We shall be travelling for about three hours, and then we shall arrive at a place far busier than our sleepy little town. Be sure to call out if you get hungry or tired, ok?” Erestor smiled as Aura snorted. “Good girl,” he said and gave her a sugar cube he pulled from his pocket.

Turning, he saw Glorfindel looking at him peculiarly. And behind the lord was his horse, with a rather jealous countenance.

“If you like, I have one for your horse too,” Erestor offered.

“He is a warhorse and does not get treats,” Glorfindel answered simply.

“Well that is not much of a life for him,” Erestor looked at the tall white stallion almost pityingly.

“Perhaps, but we really should be going. Would you like a lift?” Glorfindel offered.

“I am perfectly capable of getting up myself, thankyou,” Erestor responded and went around to the other side to mount the large horse. As he passed, he took out another sugar cube and quickly gave it to the deprived horse, which gobbled it up before his master knew what was happening.

Erestor jumped onto the steed and felt Glorfindel leap on behind him moments later. Glorfindel wasted no time wrapping his arms around the lithe elf and began their journey home.

For most of the day, Glorfindel told Erestor of his parents, how best to approach them, what topics to avoid, how much they would love him, their favourite foods, wine, activities and stories of embarrassing moments involving them.

“Do not worry; my parents are very open and generous people. You have nothing to fear from them,” Glorfindel tried to put Erestor’s mind at ease.

“I know, after all, Lord Finlay has been kind enough to give my father an allowance every month since I was born. I wonder if he remembers…”

“Oh? Why does he give your father an allowance?”

“My mother… She was a maid in your father’s household. They moved to the country a few months before I was due to be born. She passed away while giving birth to me. Lord Finlay has given my father money to help raise me. He even personally chose and paid for my nanny. I guess he liked my mother,” Erestor shrugged. He leaned back and snuggled into Glorfindel, who wrapped his arms tighter around the small elf.

“I did not know my father does that. She must have been a wonderful lady,” Glorfindel rubbed Erestor’s face gently with the back of his knuckles.

“My father always speaks of her fondly…”

Their endless talk had eased Erestor’s nervousness somewhat, but he was still unsure of Glorfindel’s parents’ reaction to their son choosing another male for his spouse, and a peasant at that. Not that that was unacceptable in Gondolin society, but only once before had a Lord married another man. Erestor was a well educated peasant, but still a peasant.

~*~

Erestor, now on his own horse, gulped as he and Glorfindel passed the first house leading into the heart of Gondolin. Glorfindel led them down many streets, people rushing to get out of their lord’s way and eventually to the stables of the Golden Flower to put their horses in the stalls.

“Are you sure I should not stay in an inn?” Erestor worried.

“Of course not! I shall make sure you have your own room, so there’s no need for you to fear me,” Glorfindel joked and poked Erestor’s stomach. Erestor leant over and covered his belly, laughing. “Come on,” Glorfindel took Erestor’s hand and led the dark haired elf into the palace.

“Welcome home, my lord,” A servant said, bowing, just inside the main door.

“Thankyou. Please advise my parents I have returned and make up a room for my companion,” he easily ordered.

“Of course. Though the lord and lady are currently in a meeting. I shall of course inform them once they emerge from the council room,” the servant bowed low.

“Good. Oh, and draw us a bath each,” Glorfindel commanded and walked away, ushering Erestor with him.

Erestor was led down white marble hallway after white marble hallway. All the golden sconces on the walls glistened, statues were polished to a high gleam and everything sparkled. Although the decorating was tasteful and expensive, it is also lacked life. Erestor reached out and held Glorfindel’s hand, wondering who would have done this, years ago when the lord was just a babe, learning how to walk down these very halls. Glorfindel looked at Erestor and smiled comfortingly. Erestor responded in kind. Glorfindel then began pointing out various objects and artworks, describing their importance and their materials down to the finest details.

Just as Erestor was beginning to feel completely lost in this labyrinth of bright stone, Glorfindel stopped before a large door and the dark wood had many tiny flowers carved into it. Glorfindel allowed Erestor a moment to look closely at the workmanship before he opened the door.

Beyond the door was a gigantic room with a tall ceiling. Erestor’s entire house could have fit in there three times over. He could not stop himself from gawking at the amount of space Glorfindel was allowed within the palace.

Glorfindel tugged on Erestor’s hand and urged the younger elf out of the entrance so he could close the door.

“This was actually originally four rooms. They were given to me on my majority. Bed chamber, entertaining area, study and private dining room. I was allowed to decorate anyway I wished, and so I had all the walls knocked down and here is the result,” Glorfindel swept a hand in front of him, urging Erestor to look around.

Erestor’s gaze was first drawn to the bed some eight metres away. It was a four-poster bed which almost reached the ceiling; the wood was also carved with flowers and curtains hung around the outside, a mixture of gold and white sheer veils flowing down the sides. More so, the height of the mattress from the floor was equal to almost Erestor’s height! And so, a small staircase allowed the occupant(s) easy access to the soft cocoon awaiting them at night. Judging from the length and width, Erestor guessed at least fifteen people could sleep comfortably on the bed and he gave Glorfindel a quick sly look.

Three metres from the foot of the bed, in the middle of the room were an arrangement of chairs and couches and floor cushions, all organised into a vague square shape with a large coffee table in the centre. It looked as though the area could comfortably seat twenty people, and Erestor wondered if Glorfindel had ever entertained that many people all at once.

Erestor released Glorfindel’s hand and moved away from the entrance to get a better view of the long wall just to his right. He gasped as he saw the entire wall was covered with bookshelves FILLED with books, and the occasional personal item. A ladder that almost reached the ceiling was connected to the very top shelf and on a track that allowed it to travel down to the very end of the wall and around the corner, where the adjoining wall also had approximately two metre’s worth of bookshelves covering it. Set into the bookshelves, almost level with the entertaining area on the wall closest to Erestor was a large fireplace with a soft grey stone mantle. Over in the corner, set into the wall was a desk. As Erestor moved closer, it seemed to him, to have been seldom, if ever, used for it bore none of the characteristic signs like ink stains on the wood or scrapings on the floor, although it had obviously been cleaned by servants in the time Glorfindel had been away.

Just behind the assortment of chairs, running perpendicular to the far wall was a large, long, golden coloured table. At least ten chairs sat around it, but Erestor cared not to count just then.

Finally looking to the last wall, opposite the wall full of dark, leather bound books, was a wall of glass. Erestor had never seen so big a window. Though in truth it was several windows with dividers through them, but he was still amazed by how bright a room could become. In the two corners of the windowed-wall, were large, dark purple velvet curtains.

Beyond the window was a balcony with a small round table and four chairs gathered around it. Flowers bloomed from pots and hanging baskets all around the patio area. Erestor dearly wanted to go outside to smell so many flowers all at once, but could not see a way out to it.

Glorfindel, seeing Erestor’s confusion walked up to the younger elf and hugged him from behind. “The windowpane on the far left is actually a door. To the right is a balcony, as you can see. And slightly over to the left is a little staircase which leads down into my own private garden. There is a reasonably sized storage shed built right under this floor where I keep all my weaponry and training tools. I often like to work out there in private. And this room,” Glorfindel turned to the left, bringing Erestor with him, so they were looking at a door next to the bed, “is the bathing chamber.”

Just at that moment, a knock came at Glorfindel’s door and he called for his visitor to enter.

“My lord,” the servant before entered and bowed. “I am here to inform your guest that his belongings have been taken to his room and that a bath is ready for him. Would you like me to show him the way?”

“Yes, and have a maid nearby his room at all times, lest he need something or directions. Which suite is he being housed in?” Glorfindel asked, releasing Erestor.

“The second guest room on the left in this wing, my lord.”

“Very good,” Glorfindel smiled, leaning in to whisper in Erestor’s ear. “Just two corridors away.”

Erestor smiled as well, relieved Glorfindel would be nearby.

Another knock came at the open door. Several maids held large buckets full of hot water. Glorfindel waved for them to come in.

“Have my parents finished with their meeting?” Glorfindel inquired.

“No, but it should not be too much longer,” the servant said.

Glorfindel turned to Erestor. “Once you have bathed, come back here for a light lunch. Afterwards, I shall introduce you to my parents, and our life together can begin,” he said softly, running his hand through the hair around Erestor’s head.

“I hope so,” Erestor whispered back and leant in for a kiss. Glorfindel did not disappoint and lowered his lips to Erestor’s for a slow, gentle, shallow kiss. Glorfindel did not wish to delay, so he tenderly pushed back on Erestor’s shoulders, ending their lip-lock.

“Go now, lest I ravage you senseless,” Glorfindel joked. Erestor half-laughed and turned to be led to his room by the manservant.

~*~

As soon as Erestor entered his room, which contained a bed wide enough to fit five elves on it, a small table and chair in a corner and a wardrobe, he took out his robes and hung them in the wardrobe. Thankfully, they had not creased as much as he thought they might have. Sighing in relief, he entered the bathing chamber for a warm, relaxing soak.

~*~

Erestor ate a second piece of fruit under duress. His stomach did not think food was what it needed considering all the knots his nervousness had created within it, but Glorfindel had insisted. His lunch had so far consisted of an apple, an orange and half a glass of water. Glorfindel was not happy with how little his beloved ate, but was willing to overlook it since Erestor had promised to eat more at dinner, once their meeting with Glorfindel’s parents was behind them.

Just as Erestor had finished his orange, the servant from before returned and informed them that Glorfindel’s parents had finished their meeting and were waiting for the new couple in a semi-formal meeting room.

“Oh dear… I was hoping for a more intimate setting than that. Perhaps they think you are a dignitary of your town. Oh well, it just means that we shall be in a private setting, with only one other, a servant, in the room and we shall have to be formal with them. So, I won’t be able to call them ‘mother,’ ‘father,’ or hug them hello, which may seem strange to you, but it is what the setting calls for. And do not speak until I have introduced you. And do not look at them either until you have been addressed, keep your eyes on the floor. Are you ready?” Glorfindel asked, concerned.

“I doubt I ever will be, but we cannot leave them waiting.” Erestor stood and brushed down his robe several times.

“Stop fussing. They are going to love you,” Glorfindel said and placed a chaste kiss on Erestor’s lips. He picked up two small parcels and walked to the door. “Let’s go.”

He grasped Erestor’s hand and began walking towards their destination, their future.


TBC





Hey everyone, hope you’re enjoying the story so far. More to come soon, so thanks for reading and I’ll see you all next week!

Luv Mawgy

P.S. Don’t forget- Glorestor closes soon!
Chapter 4 by Mawgy
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. ???
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 4





Glorfindel knocked on the door and a firm; crisp “Enter” came from within the chamber. Glorfindel released Erestor’s hand and opened the door. He smiled at his parents, who were sitting on two small thrones near the far wall, and moved to the side so Erestor could enter, closing the door behind them. Motioning to Erestor, he indicated to two backless chairs set in the middle of the room, with almost a metre separating them.

“Welcome home, son, what news have you brought us?” Lord Finlay asked.

“All good, I assure you,” Glorfindel commented. “All the orcs in the region have been destroyed and the village is happy to accommodate soldiers from now on. And I have brought you presents, humble wares available from the markets.”

“We shall receive them,” Glorfindel’s father said. Glorfindel gave his packages to the servant, who stepped away from his usual position in the corner closest to Lord Finlay, and took them to his Lord and Lady, bowing as he handed them over. The two blondes opened their presents and appreciatively looked them over. Finlay looked at his wife, who nodded her said slightly. “We are grateful for these. Who is your guest?”

Glorfindel looked to Erestor and gave him a small, supportive smile.

“This is Erestor, the son of the only school teacher in the region,” Glorfindel explained. Although Lord Finlay did not move, except for his eyes, which now studied Erestor closely, it did appear as though he held himself differently.

“Erestor… I knew your mother, she was a good lady,” he smiled kindly.

“Thankyou, my lord,” Erestor bowed his head lower, then lifted his eyes to look at the couple before him.

“I believe a report I asked for on the political procedures of smaller towns has been given to you to complete, correct?”

“Yes, my lord,” Erestor replied.

“I confess, I had not expected it to be completed for another three months, but if you believe you have finished, by all means, recount your findings.”

“Uhh,” Erestor fumbled, not sure how to respond and looked to Glorfindel for help.

“Erestor has not completed his research yet, that is one of the reasons he has come to the centre of Gondolin, so he may make use of our grand library,” Glorfindel interjected.

“But neither will it be long before I have finished my composition,” Erestor added.

“Very well. You may use our facilities as much as you need. What other reasons have you for journeying this far from home?” Finlay asked.

Again, Erestor hesitated to answer, and looked to Glorfindel for guidance.

“If I may be so bold to suggest, perhaps that is a conversation better left for another time? Maybe over dinner tonight?” Glorfindel swallowed, darting his eyes occasionally to his parents.

“Leave us,” Finlay said to the servant. The attendant bowed and left the room. Once the door had been closed, Finlay raised an eyebrow, urging Glorfindel to continue.

“Mother, father, I know my past romances have been many and fleeting, often causing you much embarrassment, for which I whole-heartedly apologise. Many times have you both addressed me, telling me of all I am missing and all I could have if I would just stay true to one person, then I could experience the full, loving life you both have shared these past centuries. And I am delighted to tell you,” he held out his hand for Erestor, whom eagerly grasped it, “that I have finally found the other half of my soul and cannot wait until we are bound,” he said the last part, looking straight into Erestor’s eyes. His heart sang as all the love he felt was being reflected in those dark eyes, and a nervous, but oh-so very happy, smile flitted about the beautiful, kissable lips.

Glorfindel’s mother, Lady Loriel, moved of her own volition. A bright, wide smile lit up her already beautiful face and she rose from her chair, and ran to her only child, wrapping him in her arms, giving him a big, warm, approving hug.

“I am so happy for you,” she whispered in a now standing Glorfindel’s ear.

“Thankyou, mother,” Glorfindel beamed. She released her son and turned to Erestor. The dark elf floundered, not sure how to approach her, and warily stood up.

Finlay remained in his chair, his skin had gone cold and he felt so numb he could not react.

“I may not know you, but obviously you are a person of great character to have won my son’s affections for longer than one night,” she said and hugged Erestor just as she had Glorfindel. “Welcome to the family.”

“NO!” Finlay boomed, standing upon hearing his wife’s words.

The three overjoyed elves turned to look at the lord in shock.

“No, I forbid this union!”

“Why?” Loriel asked. “We have been dreaming of this day for so long.”

“Yes, but… Erestor is male!” he said, hoping he was not as red as he felt.

“Father! Such thoughts are beneath you! Elves have been taking lovers of the same sex for centuries! You and mother have no plans to step down from being Lord and Lady for at least another two hundred years! If it is an heir you are worried about, do not be. There are other ways of procuring and securing our line. With so many wars, thankfully none at our door, there are always many parentless children wanting to be adopted…” Glorfindel tried.

“He is also a peasant! Have we taught you nothing about acceptable choices?” Out of the corner of Glorfindel’s eye, he saw Erestor step back, retreating physically and mentally into himself.

“The circumstances of his birth are meaningless. I LOVE him! That is all that matters!” Glorfindel said, stepping over to Erestor and bundled the overwhelmed elf up in his arms. “And we are going to be together forever whether you approve or not!”

Before Finlay could retort, Glorfindel ushered Erestor out of the room and tried to soothe his love all the way back to his bedroom.

Loriel rounded on her husband with a cold glare.

“Why do you deny them? In all our talks and past discussions you have often said that you do not mind who he marries, as long as he is happy and willing to remain faithful! I do not understand!”

“I know…” is all Finlay said and he lowered himself back into his chair, resting heavily on the armrest as he did so.

“Are you going to explain it to me?” she demanded.

Finlay made no move to reply, instead leaned over to the side and covered his eyes with his hand.

“Fine. If you decide to share with us what is going on, I shall be with our son and his fiance!” she near shouted and stormed out of the room.

“They cannot marry…” he whispered to the empty room, his mind reeling with all that was going on.

~*~*~

Erestor began sniffling and trembling within Glorfindel’s arms the moment they stepped inside the blonde’s room. Despite his best efforts to look decent and speak as politely as he could, Lord Finlay had dismissed him, just as Erestor had feared all along. Glorfindel led Erestor to a couch and sat him down, holding Erestor tight, the dark head tucked under his chin.

“I am sorry… I thought they would have been so happy that I had finally found someone that they would have accepted you unconditionally,” Glorfindel apologised, pressing a kiss to Erestor’s forehead.

“No, ‘tis not your fault. I should not be marrying above my station. My mother used to work here, how could I ever have the respect of your household, they would consider me an upstart, giving orders and putting on fancy airs.”

“It is not in your nature to order, Erestor, you would just ask nicely,” Glorfindel lamely joked.

Erestor pulled back and looked at his love fiercely. Glorfindel gave him a goofy smile.

“Do not fear, mother is very taken with you and father shall come around. He will have no choice, for I am not giving you up now,” Glorfindel squeezed Erestor firmly.

“Family is important. You should not force his hand if he is unwilling, it could create an irreversible rift. I do not mind if you choose them over me,” Erestor yielded.

“There will be no more such talk!” Glorfindel spoke sternly. “I do not plan to choose between the people I love. I want all of you in my life and I shall have that no matter what, whether it is today or in a hundred year’s time, father will accept you. Of that I have no doubt.”

“As do I,” Lady Loriel agreed as she came into the room. The lovers looked over their shoulders to watch her walk over to them. She picked up a chair and moved it to just in front of them and sat down. “I do not know why my husband has reacted so violently to this, NEVER before have I seen him so angry unless it was truly warranted. This was meant to be a happy day, a joyous announcement and a memorable moment in all our lives; he should not have sullied it so. I am happy to welcome you into this family and Glorfindel obviously loves you. Love is for the young…do whatever makes you happy, regardless of the consequences to others. They matter not in the end, and there is no force as powerful as love.”

“Or as destructive,” Erestor croaked.

“Do not fret, all will be well,” Loriel assured, cupping Erestor’s cheek. Glorfindel rubbed his hand comfortingly along Erestor’s arm and kissed the dark tresses. “Why do you not tell me about yourself?” The lady sat back and made herself comfortable. “You are, 125 now? Why have you not bonded before now?”

“Actually, I am 128 and I have never bonded as I have never been with my soul mate until now,” Erestor looked to Glorfindel and smiled contently, leaning in to place a chaste kiss on the golden one’s lips. Glorfindel kissed him back and tightened his hold around the slim elf. Loriel watched the young lovers and smiled with approval, her kind and generous spirit rejoicing in the fact her son had finally found happiness.


~*~*~*~


“When you serve their dinner tonight, pour this into their drinks. It is a sleeping potion, nothing that will harm them. That is all I wish for you to do,” Lord Finlay whispered to the servant and handed over a phial of clear, green-tinged liquid.

“What is this?” Loriel asked, slamming the door behind her.

“Nothing for you to be concerned about,” Finlay said, hiding the vial behind his back.

“Really? Because it sounds as though you are commanding for your own son to be drugged! Leave us,” she waved to the servant and marched over to her husband. Finlay breathed out loud, frustrated at being caught. Loriel wrestled the glass container out of her husband’s hands and smashed it in the fireplace. “Are you that upset about Erestor’s parentage? I thought you liked his mother!”

“I do. I did. But the father worries me,” he sighed and turned his back on his wife, leaning heavily on a nearby desk.

“His father? His father is a well-educated, dedicated school teacher! How can that worry you so?”

“You do not understand.”

“Then explain it to me!” Loriel begged, putting a hand on Finlay’s shoulder.

“I cannot,” he shrugged off her gentle touch.

“Why?”

“Leave me.”

“Excuse me?”

“I told you to leave me be!” Finlay near shouted, banging his hands on the desk.

Loriel jumped back, concerned for her husband’s sanity more than her own safety.

“I will go, but I shall return shortly and we shall talk about this until I am satisfied with your answer,” Loriel said slowly and walked to the door. “Oh, and if you think that you can order me from my own rooms ever again, then you are sorely mistaken!”

Once outside, Loriel all but ran to her son’s room, concerned for his and Erestor’s well being. Not that she thought her husband would harm them permanently in any way, but a friendly warning couldn’t hurt. She knocked on her son’s door, not wanting to barge in on her son and his lover in case they were locked in the throes of passion.

A moment later, a fully clothed Glorfindel opened the door and held his finger to his lips.

“Erestor is sleeping,” he informed and slipped past his mother so they could speak in the hallway.

“I hope he finds some rest in his dreams, for he will have none when he wakes,” Loriel said mysteriously.

“What do you speak of? Has father-?”

“I just caught him asking a servant to put a sleeping potion in your drinks. The phial has been destroyed but he can get more or he may change his plan completely. I have never seen him react so strongly against another. Though I do not think it is Erestor himself your father rejects, rather Erestor’s father. I asked him why, but he would not tell me. If only he told us, perhaps we could understand the reason behind his seemingly harsh judgement. I know my husband and that creature in our rooms is not him!” Loriel sobbed and tears began falling down her face. Glorfindel felt for his mother, likewise not knowing why his father was acting like this, and reached out for Loriel, wrapping his arms around her shaking form.

“Do not cry, he will tell us in his own time,” he comforted. “Be careful around him until then.”

“What of you? I am not the one he was going to put to sleep,” she said, weeping, pulling away slightly.

Glorfindel sighed, trying to work that out himself. “I do not know…maybe when Erestor wakes, I shall ask- No! No!” Glorfindel said with a bright smile and began jumping on the spot. “No! Perhaps father does not believe I truly love Erestor, which is why he objects so severely, after all I have known him only a week! Perhaps if we were to bind this very night, before father can plan anything else for us, then he will have no choice but to accept our decision!”

Loriel looked at her son, a condescending look on her face. “Bind? Tonight? Are you sure that is wise? Your father is not one that can accept being forced into a corner.”

“I know, but what other way may we prove our feelings to him? Might I at least have your support?” Glorfindel asked, his eyes beseeching his mother.

Loriel continued looking at her son, unimpressed, but with those bright eyes piercing her soul, she rolled her eyes and relented. “Of course you can!” she said happily and hugged her son again. “But only if you are sure?”

“Unlike I ever have been before,” Glorfindel admitted happily.

“Then you have my blessing. Is there anything I can do?” she offered.

“Yes, could you please stay with Erestor while I go make preparations? I would hate for him to wake up alone.”

“Of course. If you need any other help or ideas, you know where to find me!” she said, then disappeared into her son’s room.

Glorfindel could not stop smiling, now that he had made up his mind. Despite knowing his mother would keep Erestor occupied if he did wake, Glorfindel ran in the direction of the kitchen. Nothing would stop him from fulfilling his heart’s desire tonight.


TBC






AN: Sorry it’s late! I misplaced this chapter- luckily mum had a copy on her computer! WHEW!

Anyway, the next chapter shall be up in a week’s time, on schedule, do not worry. Hope you enjoyed this one. Thanks for reading,

Mawgy
Chapter 5 by Mawgy
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. Incest
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 5





“How is he?” Glorfindel whispered to his mother, just inside his room.

“Still asleep. He has not stirred since you left. How are your preparations going?”

“Wonderfully! Though there is nothing I have planned other than a special dinner and the rings. I am leaving everything else up to fate. Still, I doubt there is any reason for him to refuse me!” Glorfindel stated proudly. “As soon as he wakes, our lives will never be the same again.”

“I hope you are right and that your future will indeed be a happy one. But there is still a lord I must have a word with. Good luck, my son,” Loriel pressed a kiss to Glorfindel’s cheek and soundlessly left.


~*~


“Are you to tell me of your thoughts now?” Loriel demanded of her husband, hands on her hips.

“If you must know, then I will tell you, but let me say now that you shall not like my words for many reasons. Do not judge me too harshly,” Finlay croaked, his voice breaking. Loriel’s features softened as she looked at her tormented husband, his body bent over the side of his chair.


~*~


“You are awake,” Glorfindel smiled down at the dark head in his lap. The blonde put his book to the side and leant down awkwardly to kiss Erestor.

“Mmmhmm,” Erestor nodded and tried to deepen the kiss, but was denied.

“Come, dinner will be here any moment now. Perhaps you would like to freshen up?” Glorfindel offered.

“Here? Are we not to dine with your parents?” Erestor asked, half asleep.

“Under the circumstances I do not believe that to be wise. Mother is speaking to father now. Perhaps she can gain some light on the issue. For tonight, I have you all to myself,” Glorfindel smiled and kissed Erestor again, this time plunging his tongue deep within the dark one’s mouth for a fleeting moment before pulling away. “Go, I shall be here when you have finished.” Erestor nodded and stood up, straightening his robe as he went.

When Erestor emerged from the bathroom, his skin was glistening with small droplets of water and his hair had been brushed down.

“I used your hairbrush, I hope you do not mind,” Erestor excused.

“Not at all. Anything of mine, is yours,” Glorfindel said, opening his arms to Erestor, who moved and sat on the blonde’s lap, resting his head on Glorfindel’s cheek. Glorfindel’s arms automatically fastened around Erestor’s waist and held him tight, comfortingly stroking the small body. “If you have no plans for tomorrow, we can have you measured for new clothes.”

Erestor smiled at Glorfindel’s attempt to distract him from fretting over Lord Finlay’s words. “I would like that. Maybe when I look the part, your father will accept me.”

Glorfindel sighed. “The clothes you wear do not change the amazing person you are. Do not let him worry you. I love you. That is the only truth you need know. I love you,” Glorfindel whispered and licked Erestor’s ear.

Erestor smiled brightly at those words and twisted his head away form the teasing touch but Glorfindel followed. Erestor shrieked in delight and pushed away from his lover, falling back onto the couch. Glorfindel covered the younger one’s body with his own and claimed Erestor’s lips before the dark elf knew what was happening. Erestor moaned and threw his arms around Glorfindel, his hands stroking the large back and plunging into the blonde tresses.

Glorfindel awkwardly shuffled his hands under Erestor’s body while his tongue continued assaulting the young one’s mouth. The blonde was careful not to move beyond simple kissing and hugging, lest Erestor push him away again. But their movements were halted anyway moments later when a knock came at the door. Glorfindel moved his head away and groaned unpleasantly.

“Enter,” he called out. He did not turn to see who came in, rather began snuggling with Erestor again and kissed the pale neck beneath him.

“Your dinner is ready,” said a servant behind them, wheeling a cart laden with their food.

“Set it up on the balcony,” was Glorfindel’s muffled order. Erestor was glad Glorfindel’s hair covered most of his face, for he was sure he would have died from embarrassment otherwise. The servant took the cart outside and put their food on the table, and opened a bottle of wine. He also cut a rose from a nearby plant and laid it down in the centre, just next to a candle, which he lit. He then left the room, leaving the cart just by the front door. He wished his lord and the guest a good night, before leaving them in peace.

Glorfindel continued worshipping Erestor’s collarbone with his tongue, then with one long, continuous lick, he moved up the slim column of flesh before plunging his hot, slick muscle back into Erestor’s mouth. Erestor whimpered as he was overwhelmed by Glorfindel’s vitality. Glorfindel began to slow his tongue movements and eventually allowed the kiss to come to a natural end. Pulling away, he looked at Erestor’s flushed features and smiled indulgently. Leaning down, he kissed the end of Erestor’s nose and then sat up completely, careful not to crush his love as he moved.

“Come, you must be hungry,” Glorfindel held out his hand and drew Erestor to his feet as he himself stood. Together they walked around the bed and out the glass door. Erestor looked to the left and did indeed see a stairwell leading down into a garden but Glorfindel’s hold on him pulled him over towards the table and chairs. Erestor breathed in the scent of all the flowers mixed together and remembered never smelling anything so sweet.

Glorfindel rounded the table and held out a chair for Erestor. Erestor blushed a little, and came to sit on the seat, and just before he sat down, a kiss was bestowed upon his cheek. Glorfindel sat opposite Erestor and smiled.

“Wine?” Erestor offered after a while in silence.

“Yes, but, I may get a bottle from my own collection,” Glorfindel said, after noticing the bottle was open. “I shall be right back.” He picked up the wine and re-corked it. He left Erestor for a moment but soon reappeared with a very old looking bottle.

“Here, try some of this,” Glorfindel said proudly and poured the dark red liquid into Erestor’s glass. Erestor picked up the wineglass and tried the liquor.

“Mmmm! It is delicious!” Erestor declared.

“Yes, my parents drank it also on their- yes, a very good year,” Glorfindel announced. “This is the last bottle remaining.”

“Well I am delighted you think me good enough company to open it with,” Erestor teased.

“Anything for you, my love,” Glorfindel raised his glass and tapped the rim of it to Erestor’s.


~*~


“I am waiting!” Loriel exclaimed, exasperated.

“Do you remember when we were younger? What we were like?” Finlay asked sounding exhausted.

“Of course, how could I forget? We have known each other since we were children. Carefree and so full of life,” Loriel remembered fondly.

“And when we first made love?”

“It was the most perfect moment of my life.”

“And from then on?”

Loriel blushed. “We could not keep our hands off each other. Anywhere, *EVERYWHERE*! No place or time of day was off-limits.”

“And if there was the possibility of being caught?”

“It was even more thrilling,” Loriel smiled, inching closer to her husband.

“And then we wed.”

“The second-most perfect moment of my life,” Loriel reassured.

“And Glorfindel was born fifteen years later.”

“The most painful experience I have ever felt, but also the most rewarding.”

“And we as a couple, what happened to us?”

Loriel frowned and looked at Finlay. “We had an adorable child, whom we have loved regardless of his decisions. We started to fight more, but my feelings for you have never wavered. And I believe we grew closer.”

“On what level did we grow closer?” Finlay asked. Loriel stared at her husband, perplexed by his question.


~*~


“Would you like to take a walk in my garden?” Glorfindel asked as he placed his napkin on his plate.

“I would love to,” Erestor beamed, finishing off his glass of wine.

Glorfindel stood and held out his hand to Erestor. Together they walked over to the stairs and descended into Glorfindel’s private oasis.

“Oh this is lovely,” Erestor gushed. The garden consisted of a large lawn surrounded by several thick plants. There was more than enough space for Glorfindel to practice his swordplay and so much vegetation that the outskirts of greenest grass Erestor had ever seen looked almost wild. To one side he could hear the faint trickle of a brook. Upon mentioning it, Glorfindel moved aside a palm leaf and revealed to Erestor a secret pathway leading away from the yard. With the moon high above, the natural soft light and excellent elvish sight lit their way through the dark plant life. They followed the path of the small stream until it opened up into a large natural hot spring. Steam rose from the surface and swirled with the wind, beams of moonlight caressing their ghostly forms. “I imagine you bring all your victims here,” Erestor teased.

“Only those I wish to see wet,” Glorfindel smiled. Erestor laughed softly and looked around.

“How large is your garden?”

“It is hard to estimate as it has no natural border. I have never gone far beyond here as I may intrude upon someone else’s ‘private’ time.”

“And that is a bad thing?”

“Voyeurism is not one of my many fetishes. Though if you would rather watch… Oph!” Erestor had whacked Glorfindel gently in the stomach.

“So, do you wish to take a bath?” Erestor asked, pressing his back to Glorfindel’s chest.

“Only if you want to,” Glorfindel said, wrapping Erestor tightly in his arms.

“Mmm…not tonight. Perhaps another time?”

“But of course. Why do we not return to the open ground?” Glorfindel asked and drew Erestor with him, a strong arm remaining wrapped around the slim waist as they walked side by side. “Aaaah, I love the sounds of the night. The water running, the crickets, owls gently hooting. It is all so musical in its own way. Do you not agree?” Glorfindel asked, stepping out of the dense plant life.

“Oh very much so,” Erestor confirmed.

“Then, why do we not celebrate this natural wonder with our bodies? Would you like to dance?” Glorfindel asked before Erestor could jump to the wrong conclusion.

“Here? Now? Without proper musicians or instruments? Or a stable ground?”

“Yes. What is more, I think we should remove our shoes and feel the soft grass between our toes as we move to nature’s rhythm.” Glorfindel released Erestor and took off his boots. Once Erestor realised Glorfindel was serious; he began removing his own shoes. Erestor smiled as the green blades tickled his skin as he stretched his toes. Glorfindel bowed deeply and held out his hand. Erestor accepted and was immediately pulled into a slow, erotic dance.


~*~


“We connected emotionally in a way we never had before, our thoughts concerning the welfare of our family had never been stronger, our ideals, what we considered to be important…” Loriel floundered, trying to think back.

“And what about physically? In our youth, we cared not for appropriateness and just let our bodies control our actions. When Glorfindel was born, we did not mate again until several years afterwards.”

“But that is true with most couples once a child is born. The majority of elven families have but one child as physical desires wane.”

“Yet, if you will recall, I often asked to be intimate again with you, but never did you wish for it. I thought it strange I should ask my soul mate for her permission to bed her when before I never had to and we would just feel the heat in our bodies rise and would fall to the closest horizontal surface. For ten long years you no longer desired me physically,” Finlay sighed and sagged further in his chair.


~*~


Erestor stood two arm-lengths away from Glorfindel, then spun into the blonde’s side and stopped. Looking up into the blue eyes, his heart fluttered at the flushed complexion and dark orbs looking down on him. Glorfindel leant down and sealed his lips over Erestor’s, but did not deepen the kiss. Pulling back, he released Erestor’s body and stood in front of the younger elf, holding the smaller hands gently in his.

“Erestor, from the moment I saw you, I knew I had found something special. It was not until I spoke to you that I realised HOW precious you were. We have only spent a week together, but already I know that you are the other half of my soul. Erestor, my dear wonderful, beautiful Erestor, will you bond with me this night?” Glorfindel asked and released Erestor’s hands long enough to pull two rings wrapped in a black velvet cloth from his pocket.

Erestor gasped as he looked at the rings and felt his eyes well up. Aside from their colour, they were a perfect match. Glorfindel’s was a larger gold band whereas Erestor’s was comprised of mithril and both had ‘my only’ inscribed on the inner rim. Erestor flung his arms around Glorfindel’s neck and kissed him.

“Of course I will! But, why tonight? My father will be devastated to miss this.”

“Given the situation with my father, I thought that by binding, he will be given no choice but to accept you. We have only known each other a short time so perhaps he does not truly believe what we say we feel for each other. With this act, there will be no doubt to the depth of our feelings. And we can always have another ceremony for our friends and family. Tonight is just for us,” Glorfindel said softly and kissed Erestor.

“Yes,” Erestor whispered against Glorfindel’s lips.


~*~


“I do recall you asking me, but three years after Glorfindel was born you ceased to do so. I thought you were also beginning to lose your need for physical closeness. And it was not until I asked that we shared our bodies again some seven years after your last request,” Loriel replied.

“The need and desire to have you close to me has never abated. And after so many years of having my thirst quenched daily to never at all- I went mad. I remember the last time I asked you. You had just put Glorfindel to bed. As you left his room, I asked if you also wished to kiss me goodnight, but again I was denied. You were tired, exhausted, not in the mood. I was so disappointed, I thought you were no longer attracted to me, so I went to my office to do some work.”

Loriel nodded her head, wondering what any of this had to with their son’s lover.


~*~


“No,” Erestor stopped Glorfindel as the blonde pulled him back towards the palace.

“I thought you wanted this,” Glorfindel said, his heart thumping in panic.

“I do, but not your room. I do not wish to lay in the same bed as countless others have as we unite our souls,” Erestor explained.

“Then, where?” Glorfindel asked.

Erestor looked around the garden, then back at Glorfindel. He shrugged a shoulder and widened his eyes.

“Here?” Glorfindel questioned. Erestor just smiled and stepped back.

“Erestor, love, this will be your first time, I have nothing to prepare you with out here,” Glorfindel tried to reason.

“There is a small stream to our left and an aloe plant right next to that.”

“Do you not find the night air a little chilly?”

“Then warm me,” Erestor simply said and laid himself on the ground. Glorfindel hesitated for moment, but eventually gave in and lowered himself to the ground, holding most of his weight on his arms and legs over Erestor.

“I love you,” Glorfindel whispered, his lips a hair’s breath from Erestor’s.

“And I love you, my blonde beauty,” Erestor declared. Glorfindel closed the distance and pressed his lips to Erestor’s softly, slowly deepening the kiss and hastening the pace the longer it went on. His hands began to roam Erestor’s body, feeling, stroking, delighting.


~*~


“I came here to speak to you about your problem with Erestor, not for this walk down memory lane,” Loriel said sternly, becoming impatient.

“It was late, I was lonely, depressed, tired, emotionally drained and…ohhh, the same old excuses really,” Finlay continued as if Loriel had said nothing. “Never have I looked at another woman the way I have you. But when I ordered a late supper, I could not resist the maid whom brought it to me.”

Loriel gasped and stepped back, covering her mouth. Her eyes were wide as she regarded her husband. Finlay went on, ignoring.

“She was bound also, but did not object, so in my exhausted state convinced myself there was no reason we could not do this. It was a one off thing. As soon as it ended, I was more distraught than I had been to begin with. I knew that even if I told you there was no punishment you could come up with that would justly discipline me. So I did it to myself. As penance for touching another, I denied myself the one thing I wanted more than anything- you. I never asked again to lay with you and I swear; it was pure torture. Once you were ready to resume a physical relationship with me, I would not pressure you for it,” Finlay looked up for the first time and saw his beautiful wife, weeping and holding onto a nearby piece of furniture for support. He wished his tale ended there, but knew the whole truth needed to come out this night or else it never would.

“After that night, I did not change the duties of the maid involved as perhaps I should have, rather I used her to be a visual reminder of how much I had failed as a husband. Never again did I speak with her or remain in the same room as her if we were alone. Not until two months later…”


~*~*~*~


“Excuse me, my Lord, but I *MUST* speak with you,” the young lady said, stepping out of the shadows.

“I have nothing to say to you,” Finlay replied and continued walking.

“That is fine, but I have something of the utmost importance to tell you,” she beseeched.

The lord ceased walking and motioned for the lady to come closer.


~*~*~*~


Erestor’s body felt as though it were on fire. Hands and lips touched everywhere as Glorfindel teased him to the point of madness.

“Please…please finish it,” Erestor begged, wanting desperately to become one with Glorfindel. Glorfindel took pity on Erestor’s pleading face and broke off a stem from the aloe plant. He dripped a copious amount of the fluid leaking from the plant onto his fingers. Holding Erestor’s hips steady with one arm, Glorfindel took his lover’s erection into his mouth. Erestor gasped as the current centre of his world was enveloped in hot, steamy warmth with a slick, wet muscle rubbing against it.

Glorfindel used Erestor’s distraction to thrust a finger inside the smaller elf’s puckered entrance. Erestor squirmed around the digit inside him, but did not find it intrusive. He relaxed as the finger began working in and out of his passage and when a second finger was added, he barely felt it. Again, Glorfindel dragged Erestor’s attention back to his throbbing arousal when teeth ever so gently scraped across the sensitive skin. Erestor moaned low. And so, Glorfindel did it again and pulled his fingers most of the way out of Erestor. Adding a third, he pushed in again gently. Erestor bucked up violently, trying to throw Glorfindel off, but the blonde held him down and began suckling on the velvety sacks below Erestor’s member. Glorfindel crooked his fingers and hit Erestor’s pleasure spot with ease. Erestor gasped again and looked at Glorfindel in confusion.

“Did you like that?” Glorfindel teased.

“Again,” Erestor huffed. “Do it again.”

“Do what? This?” Glorfindel asked and pushed against Erestor’s prostate again. Erestor’s eyes rolled up into his head and from within the dark confines of his mind fireworks of every colour burst into life.

Glorfindel, deeming Erestor ready, removed his fingers and smiled at the soft mewl of disappointment Erestor let out. Sitting up, he poured more aloe liquid onto his arousal. He leant over Erestor and placed a kiss on the dark one’s lips.


~*~*~*~


“I love my husband, and never before have I considered mating with any other than him. He has wanted to have a child now for five years, and though I tell him I am not ready yet, with each time we lay together, I do wish for a babe, but as yet none has begun growing within me. I know I should not have, but my husband means the world to me and if a child will make him happy, then I am willing to sacrifice my body to another in order to give him one. The baby that now lives within me is yours. I tell you this only because you have a right to know, but that is where your privilege ends. In three month’s time, my husband and I are moving to the country so we may raise our child in a freer environment. I shall never tell my son of you, you will not visit him and he is not your heir. To the world our encounter never occurred, so this child is not yours and you have no claim over him,” the maid spoke with absolute assuredness that Finlay dared not argue. She bowed low and began walking away from the lord in the darkened hallway.

“What shall you call him?” he asked just before she went out of hearing range.

“Erestor.”


~*~*~*~


“I, Glorfindel, son of Finlay, do promise to behold you, Erestor, above all others, to love and cherish, to respect, honour and serve for all eternity,” Glorfindel spoke, looking straight into Erestor’s dark eyes, not a hint of regret or fear showing in the blue orbs. As he spoke he slipped Erestor’s ring onto his slim finger, a perfect fit.

“I, Erestor, son of Earane, do promise to behold you, Glorfindel, above all others, to love, cherish, respect, honour and serve for all eternity,” Erestor smiled, his eyes watering up again. Glorfindel’s ring now glinted on his left hand, to forever be held in that place.

“Ready?” Glorfindel asked, lining his erection up to Erestor’s stretched opening. Erestor merely nodded and waited for Glorfindel to start pushing in.


~*~


Loriel gasped and clutched at her heart. Her strength failed her and she fell to the ground, her mind reeling with all her husband had relayed from 129 years ago.

“Oh Valar… Erestor and Glorfindel are,” she swallowed, “brothers?”

“Yes,” Finlay whispered.

“So when you admitted it was not Erestor himself but his father you mistrusted, you meant yourself?”

“I’m afraid so.”

“But, there is a possibility that he is Earane’s… just because they had failed in the past does not mean-”

“There is little similarity between myself and Erestor, true, but my mother’s hair was just as dark, his nose and lips are the same shape, only smaller. He is my child,” Finlay looked to his distraught wife on the ground and hated himself all the more for bringing this pain to her.

“After all we have ever wanted for Glorfindel, he has now finally found his soul mate and- OH NO!” she cried and quickly stood from the floor and ran to her son’s chambers. Finlay watched her leave and though he wished to follow, dared not, believing she just wanted time to herself to digest all he had confessed to.


~*~


Loriel bothered not to knock on the door and raced inside Glorfindel’s room. No movement stirred around the chamber and she raced up the stairs leading to the bed just in case. No one was there and she sighed in relief. Looking up she saw a faint light coming from the garden below and her breath hitched in her throat again. Not bothering with the stairs, she ran over the bed and jumped down on the other side and ran through the open door. Taking every second step she raced into the garden, but it was too late.

Erestor and Glorfindel’s souls had emerged from their bodies as two glowing, shapeless entities, cocooning the lovers in a soft ball of light that neither sound nor outside images could penetrate.

Loriel fell to her knees, screaming at her son, though she knew he would not hear. She wept uncontrollably, hating the Valar for this unfortunate series of events, her husband for being so stupid, her son for being so rash, herself for getting involved and Erestor for being so damn lovable. She lay on the grass and continued to weep, watching the souls merge and twine around one another as a faint outline within the light moved gently. Loriel knew it was her son making love to Erestor, but could not turn away. The beauty of the moment compelled her to watch, though her mind was filled with thoughts of how wrong the scene before her was.


~*~


“Glorfindel, I can feel you,” Erestor said, awe resounding in his voice. “You are in my mind as well as my body.”

“I know my love. I can feel you too. You fill my soul and I am complete. From this moment on, we shall never be apart, in body, mind or spirit,” Glorfindel assured and leaned in for a kiss. His gentle thrusts grew in vigour, always hitting that pleasure spot within Erestor until it became too much for his partner to bear. With a long drawn-out moan, Erestor came, his seed erupting onto his stomach. Glorfindel pumped twice more into Erestor’s tight canal before his essence spilled within his love. With a soft, satiated sigh, Glorfindel gently pulled out and lay down beside Erestor, drawing the younger elf to him. “We shall never be alone again,” Glorfindel whispered as sleep began to overtake him. Erestor agreed with a hum and small nod as he too, dozed off.

As they lay there, their souls lighting up the space around them, drifted back into their bodies, each now possessing both halves of their spirits.


~*~


Loriel approached her son quietly and looked down upon the sleeping couple. Her never-ending tears continued flowing as she intruded upon this beautiful moment, knowing in her heart that when they awoke, this blessed peace would be shattered. For now though, she returned to Glorfindel’s room and fetched them a blanket. Placing it over the newly bonded pair carefully, she walked away, glad neither had stirred at her presence.

She returned to her rooms and looked at her pale husband.

“We have a problem,” she said simply. “Erestor and Glorfindel have just bound.”

Finlay stared at her for a long moment, and when it was made quite clear that she was not joking, the lord fainted, falling from his chair and onto the floor.



TBC









Soooooo…. How many of you saw that coming? :D



Thanks for reading. And please, if you’ve never left feedback before, I’d love to hear what you thought of this chapter. Thanks

(And of course, all my loyal past reviewers are free to express themselves again.

More to come soon.

Luv Mawgy
Chapter 6 by Mawgy
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. Incest.
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 6




Glorfindel smiled lazily and hugged Erestor to him tightly.

“Good morning,” he said sleepily and kissed the dark head.

Erestor stirred and yawned, stretching his arms above him. “Morning,” he replied, his mouth still in a large ‘O’ shape.

Glorfindel jumped upon hearing Erestor in his head. But as the voice faded away, he felt that was not the extent of their new bond. He felt Erestor’s movements, thoughts, feelings, even the very beating of his beloved’s heart as though it thumped right next to his own. Erestor’s hand was merely an extension of his own arm and wrapped around one slender finger was a silver ring glistening in the morning light. Glorfindel smiled and ran his hand down Erestor’s arm, which he felt himself, and gently clasped the pale hand, playing with the ring which sat there.

“I can hardly believe I am married,” he said with a smile. Erestor’s eyes widened and looked at Glorfindel almost disbelievingly. “If I didn’t love you so much, that is,” he quickly covered. Erestor gave a snort and relaxed into Glorfindel’s embrace. “I cannot wait to tell my father we are wed. Now he shall have no choice but to accept you.”

“Perhaps we should have breakfast with your parents?” Erestor suggested.

“What a grand idea! But first, we ought to bathe,” Glorfindel said, pulling a leaf out of Erestor’s hair. Erestor blushed and smiled gently. Glorfindel kissed Erestor’s cheek then stood, holding out his hand to his husband. Erestor took hold of the hand and was pulled to his feet.

“Where did this blanket come from?” Erestor asked, only noticing it now as it slipped off his body and onto the ground.

“Oh, my mother must have brought it out for us. She probably came to check on us last night. I did tell her of my intentions before dinner and she supports us. Hopefully she has had plenty of time to bring father out of his brooding.”

“Let’s hope,” Erestor said despondently.

Glorfindel moved in to hug Erestor tightly. “Do not fret, all shall be well. You will always have me. I will never leave your side. We belong only to each other, for now and all eternity.” With a soft hand, he held the smaller head in place and leant in for a breath-taking kiss. Erestor moaned as Glorfindel’s tongue wrapped around his and two strong hands began stroking his back. Erestor inched forward, bringing Glorfindel and he to full body contact. He felt his heart beating twice as fast as it had ever done and his soul felt uplifted as it was now whole.

Slowly the lovers separated and looked at each other in astonishment.

“Wow…” was all Erestor could bring himself to say. Glorfindel dumbly nodded his head in agreement. Leaning down, he quickly kissed Erestor again and pulled away. Silently, they gathered their clothing and the blanket before heading back inside Glorfindel’s rooms.

Glorfindel had a maid run a bath for them and gently brushed Erestor’s hair while waiting for the water to arrive.

“Your hair is so silky…I could run my hands through it all day,” Glorfindel complimented. Erestor smiled and looked over his shoulder.

“There is no reason why you cannot,” he said cheerfully. Glorfindel half moaned and bent down for a kiss. Just as his tongue thrust into Erestor’s a knock came at the door. Groaning, Glorfindel pulled away and called for the person to enter. Several maids stepped into the room, each carrying a large bucket of steaming hot water and took them through to the bathing chamber. Moments later, they all filed out again and left the newly married couple alone.

“May I wash your hair?” Glorfindel asked, still combing his fingers through the inky mass.

“I was not aware you had such a fetish,” Erestor teased.

“There are many things you do not yet know about me,” Glorfindel spoke and he blew gently on Erestor’s eartip. Erestor shuddered and felt a tingle run down his spine. “Come, we should hurry.” Glorfindel grasped Erestor’s hand and led his husband to the bathroom.

Just as Glorfindel was rinsing the oils from the dark tresses, a servant came to inform them the Lord and Lady wished to see them urgently. From then, Erestor’s nerves returned, fretting about Lord Finlay’s retribution, should Lady Loriel have told him of their doings. Glorfindel instantly sensed his mate’s discomfort and tried to soothe him, but nothing the blonde did calmed Erestor.

Once a servant had delivered a fresh set of clothing for Erestor, they silently dressed and left the safe haven of Glorfindel’s room. They walked hand in hand towards their fate.

Loriel opened the door and instantly pulled her son into a tight hug. She then turned to Erestor and gave him a friendly nod.

“Mother, what-” Glorfindel tried to ask, seeing his mother’s red and puffy eyes, but her outstretched hand halted his question.

“Your father is in the lounge, he is waiting for us,” she said, her voice cracking. Glorfindel was more worried than before and took Erestor’s hand in his again for comfort. Together, the three moved through the grand quarters and eventually came to the parlour. Glorfindel gasped when he saw his father.

Lord Finlay lay upon a couch, several blankets covered his form and many pillows propped his head up. His complexion was pale and his skin gaunt. From the way Finlay wheezed with every breath, Glorfindel could tell it was a struggle just to continue inhaling.

“Father! What has happened?” Glorfindel asked, rushing to his side. Kneeling, he grasped a hand carefully and shuddered at how cold it was.

“My son, I-” Finlay stopped mid-sentence, coughing and gasping for air. Loriel stepped forward and gave her husband a cup that held a concoction the healers had made to help his breathing. Glorfindel remained frozen to the spot, not understanding how his father’s health could deteriorate in so short a time.

“How did this happen? Has someone poisoned you? If they have I swear I shall not rest until-”

“No, Glorfindel, I have not been poisoned by anything other than my own foolishness. Please, take a seat and I shall explain everything,” Finaly said, though the effort it took to speak clearly drained much of his energy. With a pat on his shoulder from his mother, Glorfindel slowly rose from the floor and moved to a couch opposite the main focus of the room. Erestor, who was also in shock gently sat next to his husband and held the larger hand for support. Loriel moved out of sight, not wishing to hear the information again, but knew she could not leave completely.

“There is something I must confess. This is not easy for me and I hoped I would never be faced with the consequences of my thoughtlessness, but it seems everything must come to light sooner rather than later. Many years ago, soon after you were born, Glorfindel, I gave into a moment of weakness. Your mother and I had not been connecting the way we once had and in my desperation I sought closeness elsewhere.” A sob from the back of the room sounded and Glorfindel turned to see Loriel standing in front of a window, her back towards him.

“Mother?” Glorfindel asked in a soothing tone. Loriel just shook her head and did not reply.

“Your mother has much to deal with, Glorfindel, all of it my fault. Leave her be for now, she will need your strength when I am gone,” Finlay panted before another coughing attack took over.

“Gone? Where do you plan to travel to in your condition?”

Finlay barely heard his son’s words over his own wheezing, but managed a small laugh with a wry grin. “Ohhh…never have you failed to bring a smile to me, even at the worst of times. Travel- no. Not physically anyway. I am fading, Glorfindel. For my stupidity over a century ago, events have taken place that can never be undone. For my role in those, knowing the pain I have now brought, and am about to bring, onto those closest to me, I cannot escape my own dem- de- demise,” Finlay spoke, a great whooping sound coming deep within his chest. Slowly he moved onto his side, facing away from the others and covered his mouth with a handkerchief.

“Maybe we should let you rest?” Erestor offered, feeling most uncomfortable to be witnessing this sensitive moment.

Finlay’s hacking died down and he turned back again. “No, Erestor, you must hear this also. This news concerns both of you,” Finlay demanded. His hand fell away from his mouth and a trickle of blood leaking from his mouth instantly caught the newly married couple’s attention. Erestor felt Glorfindel’s hand tighten around his. “Your mother still worked in the palace at this time. I never really talked to her in all her many years of service and spoke to her only once before she left. In our last conversation, she told me she was pregnant with you and would be moving to the outskirts of Gondolin with her husband. She also told me, due to my earlier indiscretion, that Earane is not your true father.”

Erestor looked at Finlay, waiting for the joke to come. But the lord’s serious expression remained firm and no hint of a lie could be detected.

“No, that could only be possible if you and my mother ever- she would not do that! She loved my father! And he her!”

“And she did, very much. So much that she mated with another so she could give her barren husband the child he always wished for,” Finlay said as gently as he could.

“Why did no one tell me?” Erestor demanded, tears starting to well up in his eyes.

“Because no other knew. Once your mother passed, I was the only one who knew of our wrongdoing. When word had reached me that she had died during childbirth, I wished to call you to my side. You are of my loins and I would never abandon a child of mine to others. However, in revealing your true heritage, I would have to admit what I wished never to reveal to anyone, especially the two people we betrayed the most. And Earane had just lost his wife, to then remove his son and also inform him of his wife’s behaviour…I could not do it. I am sorry, but I have done all I could for you over the years; seeing to your education, care, food, clothes, expenses… There should have been nothing you yearned for,” Finlay looked desperately into Erestor’s eyes, hoping for forgiveness and acceptance.

“You are not lying, are you?” Erestor asked, having a hard time accepting this news.

“I am afraid I am not.”

“But then, if I am your son, then,” Erestor paused and slowly swung his eyes to Glorfindel, his head soon following the same path. “Oh!” Erestor exclaimed, a horrified and disgusted look on his face. He quickly released Glorfindel’s hand and turned away, covering his mouth, his head bent. “Oh god…”

“Erestor, I-” Glorfindel put his hand on Erestor’s shoulder, but the dark haired one shrugged the touch off. “Why did you need to tell us?” Glorfindel demanded of his father.

“Because it was my foolish actions that have led to these events. Your bonding is the reason why I am now filled with so much guilt that I can no longer continue to live in this world. I trust Loriel to lead in my stead, but should anything else happen, there is only you two. This relationship you share is sinful and you cannot let it proceed further. I know your bond cannot be undone, but a legal marriage to another is still possible. Someone *must* carry on this line so that the House of the Golden Flower remains strong,” Finlay gasped the last few words before a new coughing fit began, speckles of blood flying of out his mouth as he fought for breath.

Glorfindel swallowed, gritting his jaw and looked away from his father to see his husband bent over, crying because of the beautiful moment they had shared last night. Looking further back, he saw his mother moving away from the curtains, carefully studying her husband as his hacking continued, tears streaming down her face.

“Perhaps we should let your father rest for now,” Loriel suggested, her voice barely heard.

“No,” Finlay said between fits, waving a hand as he continued his losing battle for oxygen. They all remained in the room, each in their own thoughts, none speaking, waiting for the guttural sounds to cease. “Erestor, you have a right to be here. Either way,” Finlay looked at Glorfindel for a moment, “there is a place for you as Lord in this House, whether as my son or son in law. I have never wanted you to feel unwanted.” Erestor did not know what to say, and at first decided not to say anything, keeping his eyes downcast. But Finlay’s piercing gaze caused him to look up.

“I do not know what I shall do,” he said despairingly. This time, when Glorfindel placed a comforting hand on Erestor’s shoulder, the younger elf did not brush it off.

Finlay nodded his head gently, swallowing several times over. He wet his palate with his tongue for a few moments before his eyes fluttered to a close. Glorfindel looked at his father with worry. Loriel stepped up to his body and watched closely, waiting for any movement from him. Slowly, his chest expanded and fell. A soft rattling sound came from his mouth and Loriel sighed in relief.

“He is sleeping. It might be best if we leave him be for now,” she said, stroking the clammy brow with a gentle hand.

“He is not truly going to die, is he?” Glorfindel asked, unbelieving his father, who should live forever, could fade merely from the thought of what his sons had done, unbeknownst to them at the time.

“Do you really see him coming back from this condition?” Loriel asked, her voice breaking. Glorfindel remained silent. Rising from the couch, he walked over to his father. Going down on one knee, he placed his fist on his heart and bowed his head. He then gently raised his father’s hand and kissed the ring that adorned it. He then stood back and gave his mother a tight hug. She patted his back and rubbed it firmly. They hesitated in letting go, but eventually did so. Loriel remained by her husband’s side as Glorfindel moved to the doorway. He held the door open for Erestor and followed his mate out, sparing one last look for his ailing father.

Erestor moved through the Lord and Lady’s chambers, back into the main hallways and started heading towards his appointed rooms. Outside the door, Glorfindel caught up.

“Erestor? Can we talk about this? I know it is a lot to take in, but my feelings have not changed one iota!” Glorfindel said and reached out to cup Erestor’s cheek. Erestor jumped back, away from the comforting touch and looked everywhere but at Glorfindel.

“I- I’m not sorry. I just need time. Time to think,” Erestor said. He bit at his bottom lip, looking as though he wished to say more, but stopped himself. Eventually he just shook his head and went inside his room, not once looking at Glorfindel.

“I will be in my rooms!” Glorfindel shouted through the door, then wandered off on his own.

~*~*~*~

Glorfindel knocked on the door and entered when he was bid to do so. He saw Erestor sitting on the edge of the bed, the small back bent over into his lap. Erestor said nothing and did not move to look at Glorfindel.

“Ten minutes ago screams were heard from my parents’ rooms. My father has passed and my mother is now fading. They are all I have ever known, to lose both so suddenly… I do not think I can survive on my own. Always have I needed others for various reasons in my life. Erestor,” Glorfindel reached out, only for Erestor to pull back again. “You have no idea how much that pains me. I have finally committed myself to one person for all eternity, and now it is they who deny me. You do not feel like my brother. We did not grow up together, we never played in the same nursery, fought over toys, cuddled up in our parents’ bed when we were scared or were told off for missing a lesson. Father said he wants you to accept your place here within the palace, by my side, and he gave you a choice- whether that is as my spouse or as my brother. Whatever you choose, just please do not leave,” Glorfindel begged, his blue eyes turning aqua as tears ran down his cheeks.

“If I do not feel like your brother, then surely I do not feel like Lord Finlay’s son. What he wishes for means little to me. My father is Earane, nothing he said will ever change that,” Erestor said, finally looking up, his eyes fierce in his conviction.

“Of course not, Earane raised you, looked after you, never will that fact alter. But in all fairness, you are no longer a child and that is all in the past. A new chapter in your life has begun, and your place is now here. But in what capacity, is what I truly wish to know,” Glorfindel asked with bated breath.

“I have no desire to now claim to be your brother. That would publicly declare my mother to be unfaithful, and even now, after so many years, the news would be unbearable to my father. But neither can I ignore what Finlay said. If there is the slightest possibility we are brothers, then I cannot live as your spouse. Such a relationship is unnatural and outlawed in all societies,” Erestor spoke, his voice laden with the tears now falling down his cheeks.

“But we are bound! Never will there be any other for me as long as I live. This bond is only felt once in our lifetime. I cannot imagine the gods are so vindictive as to allow this to happen if it were not right. Please…” Glorfindel sniffed and dropped to his knees in front of Erestor. “Please do not leave me!” The larger hands grasped Erestor’s smaller ones and held them tightly.

“It cannot be denied we have both had much invested in this relationship, and I will not make my decision in haste. However, I feel I need time to myself. I wish to travel home, it is the only place I can possibly feel any sense of peace right now.”

“No, please no. I do not want you to go!” Glorfindel sobbed and leant forward, wrapping his arms around the slim waist as the golden head rested in Erestor’s lap.

“I need to. If I stay here, I will feel pressured to reach a decision, one that may be unfair to us both. I need solitude and guidance from one whom I have trusted my whole life. Please, trust me. This is what I need,” Erestor gently soothed, and stroked Glorfindel’s hair with his fingertips. “You will be so busy here with funeral arrangements and taking Lordship over the Golden Flower that my time away will seem but a blink of an eye. Please, let me go.”

“You are wrong, it will seem an eternity,” Glorfindel whispered and leant up to kiss Erestor one last time.



TBC






Sorry it’s up late, I just plain forgot to update! Woops. :s

Hope you liked,

Thankyou to everyone who reviewed the last chapter, I loved hearing your thoughts on the relationship thus far.

Mawgy


P.S.- off topic now, I’ve been searching for a fic and no one seems to be able to help me, so maybe there is someone reading my story who may know of this story…? If so, I’d love it if you could help me.

I read this WELL over a year ago. Probably closer to two, so my apologies if my description is a little hazy.

Basically, Elrond is depressed over Celebrian's departure and one night, when seeking comfort from his sons, finds them making love. From then on he insists on being there every time they are intimate. Eventually the twins become too self-conscious to allow this to continue, so they leave Imladris. Erestor and Glorfindel, upon noticing their Lord's unhappiness, invite him to their bed instead.

Can anyone help me? I'm DESPERATE to read this again!

Thanks!
Chapter 7 by Mawgy
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. Incest
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 7



Glorfindel woke with a start, grasping his chest as his heart exploded with pain. He gasped as the jagged sensations ripped through his entire body without mercy, his blankets sticking to him as he broke out in a heavy sweat. He tried calling out for help, but no sound came, his throat dry and closed up.

With an agonising slowness he crawled across his bed, pain shooting through his frame with every tiny movement. Reaching the edge of his mattress he tried to slide down the stairs but instead fell headfirst landing with a heavy thud, the blow knocking him out.

A guard standing outside rushed in upon hearing the strange thud, surveying the situation. His lord was lying naked on the floor, his blankets draping over the side of the bed. Seeing no sign of another, he quickly checked his lord’s pulse and upon finding it quickly left to call for aid from the healers.

~*~*~*~*~

Glorfindel woke in the infirmary and groaned, his head throbbing.

“Good morning, my Lord,” the head healer said with a bow. “Last night you were found passed out upon your floor. I imagine you have quite a headache right now, for which I have made a brew.” The healer picked up a glass of steaming brown liquid and handed it to Glorfindel.

“How long have I been unconscious?” Glorfindel asked, almost wheezing.

“Almost ten hours. The reason you passed out is quite obvious,” the healer indicated with his eyes to the bandage around Glorfindel’s head, “however, we cannot determine anything else wrong with you. Did anything happen last night that may account for your fall?”

Glorfindel hesitated for a moment but shook his head.

“Did your food taste odd last night?”

Again, Glorfindel remained silent and answered with head movements.

“Then the only possible reason left could be due to stress. I understand your transition into Lord of this House was not under the best circumstances. Unfortunately, you have not been awarded the appropriate amount of time to mourn your loss. I therefore order you to rest for the next three months, and shall consult with your advisors to see that your duties are delegated to others. Drink your tea and I shall be back soon to check on you,” the healer said and gave Glorfindel’s leg a small, comforting pat.

Glorfindel sat back in his pillows and brought the cup to his mouth, but slowly lowered it again. At the very least, the pain in his head took the edge off the agony his heart currently felt.

For the first time in two months, Glorfindel was truly alone. He was the only one in the room. No thoughts occupied his head other than his own. And no heartbeat could be felt pulsing next to his own.

Fumbling, Glorfindel hastily put the cup on a nearby stand, uncaring as it fell, the liquid pouring over the tabletop and onto the floor. He just curled onto his side and grasped onto his pillow for dear life as tears flowed down his cheeks.

~*~*~*~*~

Erestor leaned back against his bed head, his eyes were blood-shot as tears of pain and regret ran heedlessly down his cheeks, his knuckles white as he gripped a pillow to his chest.

“Erestor?” Earane said gently, opening his son’s door slowly but Erestor did not respond to the other’s presence. He continued staring at nothing, not blinking, not moving, barely breathing. Earane walked to the bed and sat down. Reaching out, Earane brushed a few locks of hair out of Erestor’s face and was surprised by how cold his skin was.

“Ada?” Erestor said, as though in a trance.

“Yes, it is I,” Earane softly replied and moved his head into Erestor line of vision. Erestor still did not react. The edges of Earane’s mouth trembled as he looked over his son’s appearance. His son had barely slept a wink during the two months since he returned from the main city. Erestor had talked about what had occurred in Gondolin, but there was no doubt in Earane’s mind that he had not heard the full story.

With each passing day, the father despaired as his naturally slim son lost weight and refused to eat any more than a few mouthfuls of food a day. His once bright eyes now lacked their shine and even his hair’s lustre was now missing.

Heartbreakingly slowly, Erestor’s eyes came back to the present and moved to his father’s countenance, eventually looking desperately at Earane.

“Why does it hurt so much?” Erestor whispered, the constant stream coming from his eyes now pouring.

“Why does what hurt, my beloved son?” Earane asked.

Erestor said nothing, his eyes slowly glazing over again.

“No, Erestor, stay with me! What hurts?” Earane asked, shaking his son’s shoulders.

“I have made my choice, and now I must live with it,” Erestor whimpered, his eyes now looking beyond any matter in the room. Those dark eyes, that could pierce a person’s soul, now saw straight through his own father’s head.

As Erestor’s vegetative state took over once more, his arms relaxed and the pillow came to rest upon his lap. Earane gasped upon seeing the white cotton was now drenched in blood. His son’s robe was ripped and upon Erestor’s chest were several deep gouges, made by his own hand, where he tried to rip out his own heart.

The wounds were deep and even now fresh blood dribbled down the pale skin.

“What have you done?” Earane gasped softly, looking at Erestor despairingly.



TBC










Sorry it’s late, but since it’s my b’day, I refuse to let you be angry with me, for both the lateness and the content of the chapter. So, no flaming, kay?

Thanks for reading.

Mawgy
This story archived at http://parma.littlebalrog.com/viewstory.php?sid=53