RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Title: Dance With Me 6/13
Author: Hare (harefic@yahoo.com)
Type: FPS
Characters: Erestor/Glorfindel
Rating: NC-17
Disclaimer: These characters do not belong to me in any way imaginable nor am I profiting from this story.
Timeline: This is a flashback story from Lindon-Second Age to Gondolin-First Age, and back again – many, many times.
Warning: Very explicit sexual scenes, angst, rape (part 11)
Beta: Ophelialaughs & Ezimachia - The best 1-2 beta-punch! All mistakes are mine.
Summary: Three lives, two elves, one love.

Gondolin - First Age

Erestor fumed as he stomped out of the palace, squinting his eyes against the annoyingly beautiful day as Anor shone brilliantly, unfettered by clouds. The perfectly hewn marble streets glistened in the rays while elves laughed and enjoyed their day. Feeling the mist of the fountains as he neared his home, he glanced at the elflings playing in the water; joyous and happy. Jealousy gripped him at their carefree existence and he longed for those days.

His search for Ecthelion led him away from the House of the Fountain and to the exact location he wished to avoid. The common training area.

Though each of the twelve prominent Houses were separated into different units, every unit trained with and against each other, constantly seeking out those weaknesses which needed improvement. A certain amount of conditioning was expected of every ellon in each house year round, whether one was a soldier or not, and the sessions were recorded. Erestor knew he had lapsed in this but expected special dispensation as his duties for King Turgon were burdensome. Apparently, Ecthelion disagreed with him and felt this required a discussion.

Though orderly, the training area was large and he had significant trouble locating Ecthelion amongst the great number of elves currently in combat exercises.

Finally, he observed a substantial but oddly silent crowd gathered around a dueling pair. As he neared for a closer look he stopped abruptly, shocked at the sight. Ecthelion and Glorfindel sparred within. Both lords were clothed only in leggings, their naked torsos bathed in sweat while blood ran freely from numerous nicks and cuts. The duel had obviously been long and arduous, and Erestor recognized the serious intent behind this engagement. Their former comradery seemed lost as they grunted from the force of each blow. While their moves retained some trace of the elegance, he saw the beginning signs of fatigue in their increasingly sluggish movements as they glided around the combat area. An unusual tension filled the air, and Erestor noted concern registered on the faces of those gathered.

Both seconds from Houses of the Fountain and Golden Flower stood posed and ready to intercept the match should it intensify. Realizing something was seriously amiss, Erestor moved quickly over to Aduaegas, the second to Ecthelion.

“Aduaegas, what happens here?”

Not taking his eyes off Ecthelion, his voice laced with concern, he answered. “There has been a tension building between our lords for several weeks now. Just this afternoon they were overheard shouting at one another and half past the hour I was summoned to this fray. Both Elfaer,” Aduaegas nodded over to Glorfindel’s second, “and I have attempted to intercede but have been threatened out of the circle by both lords. We have dispatched for assistance from the House of the Mole, as they are also training this day. So far we have not received word from Lord Maeglin.”

“This is wrong, Aduaegas. We cannot wait for Lord Maeglin.”

Quickly, Erestor stripped off his over robe and cautiously strode into the area. He needed to be free from any impediments should the temper of his friends prove unmanageable. Still intent on their opponent, neither paid any attention to those outside of their private quarrel. Their swords swung with wild precision, the sun glinting off them as they whirled in their deadly patterns. Quick successive pings shattered the silence as each blow was blocked by the other, evenly matched in their dance.

Erestor moved in as close as he dared and then started circling, trying to catch their eye, but not wanting to get too close as their single-minded focus might cause them to be careless.

Softly he called to them. “Ecthelion. Glorfindel. You have used your allotted time for this space, my lords. There are others who await their training.”

Neither acknowledged his presence nor hesitated in their pursuit of the other’s surrender. The intensity of their fight became clearer as he ventured closer. Subtlety seemed lost in this engagement.

Two lords publicly fighting was practically unheard of, and Erestor knew this delicate situation needed to be diffused as quickly and amicably as possible. He must command their attention without forcing their grievances further into the public sphere. His advantage was his knowledge of each elf’s ability, Glorfindel’s reaction time was a bit slower than Echthelion’s when attacked from behind.

Erestor sweated from the heat and the emotion, he wiped his brow, steadied himself, and quickly darted in to tap Glorfindel’s shoulder before dancing back to avoid the arcing sword. Glorfindel turned expeditiously. Before he could defend himself, Glorfindel knocked him flat on his back. Glorfindel loomed over Erestor, wild-eyed and panting, with his sword shoved tightly against his throat, dripping sweat and blood upon him. Time halted as they stared at each other and Erestor struggled to breathe against the weight of the pressing blade. He dimly noted when recognition finally flared in Glorfindel’s eyes, and he dropped his sword. Erestor instinctively grabbed his throat then looked at his hand to see if blood had been drawn, there was none.

Suddenly Ecthelion appeared, pushing past Glorfindel, and extending his hand to Erestor, pulling him to his feet and quickly checking him over. Erestor noticed that both seconds had lightened their lords of their swords, and he was impressed with their quick action.

“That was foolish, Erestor,” Ecthelion barked in his ear.

“No more foolish than this public display of temper, my lord.” He would not stand for chastisement from his lord - not at this moment. But as swiftly as he had arrived Ecthelion moved away, headed towards Glorfindel. Weaponless they faced each other, mere inches between them.

Erestor watched in astonishment as Ecthelion intentionally poked his finger painfully into Glorfindel’s chest, repeatedly ramming it with each word.

“Remedy this problem NOW, Glorfindel!”

Ecthelion then turned to face the crowd. “Do you not have duties to attend to this day? Disperse this instance!”

The soldiers, not eager to face the wrath of the lord of the Fountain, immediately scattered to all corners of the grounds while Ecthelion swiftly moved out of the area towards his home.

Erestor, with little desire to be left alone with Glorfindel, started after Ecthelion only to be halted by a strong grip on his upper arm. He turned to find Glorfindel staring at him, and he pulled to free himself, but Glorfindel would not relinquish his hold.

“Nay, Erestor, stay.”

Erestor froze at the sound of Glorfindel’s plea and then his anger poured forth. “What was this about, Glorfindel? Two lords in a public display of temper. Two friends! What foul deed brought this upon you?”

“Had you not been hiding away from us, Erestor, this fight would have been avoided.”

“This is my fault? I am to blame for two grown elf LORDS settling a dispute in public? I cannot wait to hear how your convoluted logic has worked out my blame.”

Erestor wrenched his arm from Glorfindel’s grasp, crossed them in front of his chest, and set a smug smirk on his face. “Proceed, Glorfindel. Please explain how this is my doing.”

“You accept no invitations for socialization. You have stopped attending officer’s night. You sneak from your rooms to your office and back, and Ecthelion has blamed me for your behavior!”

“Are you to blame?”

Glorfindel snorted. “Surely you jest? NO ONE directs your mind. You decide your own course, and since you have decided to hide I have no insight as to why you have stayed away from me.”

“Valar, Glorfindel! Naming you dense would be generous! Must I explain everything? Frequently it amazes me that you are the lord of one of the prominent Houses. Could your relatives not have chosen a more suitable leader? One not so clouded by irrationality and immorality? I rue the day I allowed you to sway my mind and agreed to move our relationship from friendship to that of lovers. I regret it with all my heart because now I have nothing. Nothing!”

Shame filled him as he felt tears prick the corners of his eyes and fall down his cheeks. As he struggled to gain control, he pushed past Glorfindel only to be gathered in a strong embrace. Glorfindel crushed him to his chest and Erestor struggled for freedom not wanting to be held by this traitor, not wanting to believe more lies and open himself for further hurt, but Glorfindel held him fast and tight. Erestor stopped his fight. He knew well that Glorfindel had something to say and would not release him until he had that chance.

“My immorality did not bother you three weeks ago.”

“You taunt me with my words!” Erestor shouted as he began his struggles anew.

“ Nay, Erestor, be still! Be still!” Glorfindel held him close until he ceased moving. “I understand how it appears the last time we were…together, but all is not as it seems. There are two sides to every story. I had been long from our home, and I needed to wash in a proper bath, rest in my bed, and change to fresh clothing. The next morning I had many appointments scheduled, and if I had stayed with you these would not have been accomplished. I am the lord of my House, my faults notwithstanding, and I have many duties. You know this, yet your emotions cloud your judgment and you jump to incorrect conclusions blaming me for wrongs I have not committed. Our friendship still stands. Forever. “

Erestor sighed. Another explanation he could not ignore as it made perfect sense. Yet he was still unconvinced and needed further reassurance.

“And the other?”

Erestor could feel Glorfindel’s smile against his cheek. “I am still very interested, but I leave that decision completely in your hands. Deep friendship and desire both vie for primacy when I think on you. I crave both, and yet it seems to cause us no end of trouble. This has all been an unfortunate incident. Please let us put it in the past and find Ecthelion.”

A high-pitched sarcastically laced voice interrupted them. “Well, well is this not a cozy picture?”

Startled, Glorfindel released Erestor and they both turned to face Lord Maeglin, a sneer slashed across his face.

“It appears I have been misled. I heard tale of a serious fight that needed my attention, but it seems there is a mistake. I see no fighting, but the mistake yes, the mistake is clear! You flaunt your unnatural lust in public. Is it not enough that you tempt young ellyn to your bed, Glorfindel? Now you openly slap our liege in the face by fondling your lover where all can observe! Your behavior ridicules his rule!”

Glorfindel moved menacingly towards the young lord of the House of the Mole. “You are questioning my morality, Maeglin? Take a moment to dwell upon the hypocrisy of this conversation when next you spread your legs for Salgant!”

Deep anger flushed Maeglins’s face as he spat his venomous words at Glorfindel. “You are finished here, Glorfindel! I have the right ear of the king, and he shall hear of this discourtesy. Gladly will I let my tongue speak of this moment as it will mark your undoing. I have lived for just this day!”

Glorfindel’s mocking laugh taunted Maeglin as he stalked away.

“You may have his ear, Maeglin Eölion, but you do not have his full trust. That is something earned by deeds, not assumed by blood.” Maeglin flinched at the deliberate usage of his father’s name. “Mark this day well as your arrogant assumptions will cause you to overstep your bounds one time too many, and your over ambition will be the ruin of you!”

Erestor stepped in front of Glorfindel. “Cease this taunting, Glorfindel. He is correct! We were behaving against a clear edict from our king.”



“It was a hug, Erestor! Deemed as more than a casual gesture by a filthy minded brat!”

“It was more than a hug. It was an embrace interpreted correctly!

Glordindel’s anger vanished from his face and his mood grew contemplative. “Why do you defend him?”

Erestor shrugged. “I do not.”

Erestor watched as his nephew stalked away, and as the silence grew around them he brought their conversation back to what truly mattered to him. “Why did you not seek me out these last weeks?”

Glorfindel’s eyes cleared, and he hestitated before responding. “Your actions clearly indicated you did not wish to be found. It was my assumption that you were finished with me, and I was not ready to accept our end. I also hoped that I could find some words to change your mind, but I could never settle upon the exact phrases to express what I feel for you.”

Glorfindel placed a finger over Erestor’s lips, expertly cutting off the next question. “You know I desire you. You know we are great friends. There is nothing left to discuss, but we do need to seek out Ecthelion and clear this entire affair at once.”

Erestor acquiesced once more and accompanied Glorfindel to find Ecthelion, knowing full well he should instead force Glorfindel to finish their discussion…