RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Title: Through the Ages
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha + Mum (Thanks guys!)
Dedicated to my Boney Arse *winks* *sheep*
Rated: G-PG
Genre: Ansgt, AU
Warnings: Nothing really… He, who’d have thought it? :p
Pairing: (eventually) Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: This fic follows the somewhat sordid lives of Erestor and Glorfindel from their childhood in Gondolin to their re-acquaintance in Imladris. Glorfindel is a Lord much like in medieval times and has power over everything and everyone, and Erestor, a lowly peasant.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)




Chapter 16

The next morning found Erestor healed except for a very tender rib on his left side. From his cupboard he chose one of the green robes as it did not constrict his chest as much as the others did.

Deciding to skip breakfast and start the day early, Erestor hoped to complete the previous day’s work before Glorfindel found out. Seeing no one on his way to his office left the scribe with a spring in his step and a confident feeling inside.

His hopes were dashed, however, upon opening his door and seeing Glorfindel rummaging through the papers on his desk.

“I thought I told you to have these finished yesterday,” the Lord growled dangerously.

“I know, but I was so exhausted… I did not sleep well the night before, obviously, and I was in a lot of pain yesterday which tired me out more so… I am sorry. I did do the majority of it though, and I was coming here now, without the morning meal, to complete them,” Erestor prayed his excuses would calm Glorfindel and make him take pity on the scribe.

“Tell me something, oh smart one, is today yesterday?”

“No, my Lord, it is not.”

“Is almost finished the same as completed?”

“No.”

“Is there any reason why I should not punish you now?”

Erestor remained silent, his eyes downcast and shook his head.

“In fact, what have you done these past two years to please me?”

Erestor remained silent as he racked his brain, trying to think of something. Just as he started shaking his head dejectedly, Erestor snapped his head up and stated proudly “I have found several books for you!”

“…Books? Anything else?”

“Well, aaahh, also… there was… ummm,” Erestor’s eyes sank low again and his shoulders slumped.

“That is what I thought. Come to my rooms as soon as you have finished here.”

“Yes, my Lord.”

Before leaving, Glorfindel hesitated by Erestor’s dispirited form for a moment. Lifting a hand, he brushed the back of his fingers against Erestor’s cheek. The scribe couldn’t help turning his head on instinct, seeking to break the touch.

Glorfindel allowed it and lowered his hand slowly. A few seconds later he left.

~*~

Erestor arrived at Glorfindel’s door an hour later and knocked upon it. Secar opened it, looked at Erestor for a moment, his cold eyes roaming the scribe’s bruise-free face and frowned.

“My Lord is waiting for you in his rooms. He wants you to have this,” Secar held out a piece of folded parchment.

“Oh, … Right,” Erestor was surprised by the note but took it nonetheless. Following prior orders, Secar then left the chambers, pushing Erestor aside as he walked out. Erestor doubled over and began coughing, tenderly clutching his rib where Secar had aggravated it. Stumbling into the quarters, Erestor closed the door behind him while he struggled to get his breathing under control. After a few more minutes of wheezing, Erestor began walking to Glorfindel’s bedroom door. He knocked gently and opened the door, poking his head in before permission was granted. The sight that greeted him filled the scribe with dread. Glorfindel was naked but for a skimpy gold and black spotted loin cloth.

“My Lord?” Erestor greeted timidly.

“Erestor!” Glorfindel near shouted, shocked. “What are you doing?”

“You asked me to come…”

“Yes. Did Secar not give you my note?”

“Oh, yes, he did,” Erestor responded, looking at the parchment still in his hand, having forgotten about it during his coughing fit.

“Did you read it?”

“Oh, no…”

Glorfindel sighed in frustration. “Go back to the main room and come back once you have read it and are ready to follow its instructions.”

“All right. Sorry.” Erestor closed the door again and unfolded the note. Scanning the words, his stomach fell. Looking to the couch, he saw the garments Glorfindel referred to and he shuddered at the thought of carrying this through…

TBC