RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Title: Through the Ages
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha (Thanks!)
Dedicated to my darling Para
Rated: Light R
Genre: Ansgt, AU
Warnings: Violence, oral
Pairing: (eventually) Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: This fic follows the somewhat sordid lives of Erestor and Glorfindel from their childhood in Gondolin to their re-acquaintance in Imladris. Glorfindel is a Lord much like in medieval times and has power over everything and everyone, and Erestor, a lowly peasant.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)




Chapter 21



Erestor smiled and turned his head to the side as Glorfindel nuzzled his neck. A small, excited laugh left the dark one’s throat and his hands encircled Glorfindel’s shoulders, his fingertips running through the blonde hair.

“You seem eager tonight,” Glorfindel mumbled against the fair skin.

“Should I not be? We have waited so long for this… why delay any longer?” he said and started pulling Glorfindel back towards the bed. With a carefree giggle, they both fell back against the rose-petal-strewn bed sheets.

Glorfindel jerked awake, breathing heavily and sporting a huge erection. Rolling onto his side, his arms snaked around the waist of the dark haired elf next to him, sliding his hands up to pinch and twist at the nipples they soon came across. The elf stirred and moaned, twisting into the touch. He rolled onto his stomach and Glorfindel followed. Grasping a leg, Glorfindel pushed it aside and easily thrust into his companion, having already used him twice before that night. Glorfindel groaned and began moving immediately. He set a fast pace and it wasn’t soon before he spilled himself and collapsed on top of the other elf, uncaring of his need. Grasping strands of dark hair, he brought them to his nose and breathed deeply. Startled, he pulled back, wrenching himself from his partner and rolled back over to his side of the bed and sighed almost painfully.

“You may spend yourself in the bathroom. I shall have my tea once you are done,” Glorfindel simply said.

“Yes my Lord. It was an honour to serve you,” Secar bowed lowly and retreated into the privacy of the bathing chamber where he could bring himself to completion.

Glorfindel lay back against the pillows and sighed again. For the past week he had barely seen Erestor. The main library of Gondolin had received several new books two weeks ago. In order to accommodate space for them, old books were given to the House libraries and Erestor was busy stocking the shelves and updating the catalogues accordingly. Glorfindel could never remember being so sated and yet frustrated at the same time. Whenever he went to visit the younger elf, he was either too busy to spare the Lord more than five minutes or was called away just as things were progressing in the right direction. Usually there would be no hurry to allocate and add the books, but the annual taking of books was fast approaching and not even Glorfindel’s orders or threat of violence was enough to sway Erestor from his duties.

Still, Glorfindel mused; it must be just as hard on Erestor. And besides, in just another three days, books or not, nothing will keep us from becoming one. With that comforting thought, Glorfindel relaxed completely and brought the sheets up to his chest, barely noticing Secar as he gathered his clothes and left. “At last,” Glorfindel breathed softly and dozed for a while longer.


~*~*~*~*~


Erestor sighed with a sense of accomplishment and wiped the sweat from his brow with his sleeve. Not only had it taken just ten days to organise the new books, rather than the predicated three weeks, but he now had two weeks to rest before stock taking was to begin. Standing, he brushed the dust from his robes and walked out of the library. Reporting to the head Scribe, Erestor explained the situation and also recommended that some books, of which there were two of more copies, would be of more use to the other House libraries that have none of them. With permission, he collected the extra books and delivered them to the neighbouring Houses. At each one, he spoke to those in charge of the libraries and left in their care any books they wished for that they did not own. In return, he collected some new ones for the Golden Flower library.

However, the Chief Scribe in the House of the Tree was not available as he and all other scribes were currently in a meeting. Erestor was about to leave it for another time when Lord Galshor appeared from a side corridor. Erestor bowed politely as he passed and at first it seemed that Galshor would continue on without thought, but when he was several metres away from Erestor, he stopped suddenly, and turned his gaze towards Erestor. It took a moment for his memory to catch up with him and eventually Galshor smiled sadistically. His eyes slowly roamed every inch of Erestor’s appearance before coming back to his face.

Erestor swallowed back the uneasy feeling rising from his chest.

“What are you doing here?” Galshor demanded.

“I- I came to see your scribes, my Lord. I was bid to bring them new books to add to their collection,” Erestor squeaked.

Galshor remained quiet for a moment then turned and began walking away. “Come with me,” he simply ordered, not even turning around to ensure Erestor was following him.

Opening his office door he left it open for Erestor and sat down in his chair, looking up just as Erestor’s head peered around the doorframe.

“Enter,” Galshor said. “What books have you brought my librarians?” he started.

“Well, there are several that would be beneficial to your library, my Lord,” Erestor stated, putting the box on the floor, he picked up several for sample viewing. “These are just a few we would like to offer you. Most are Historical, but there are other genres included. Our own collection has more than one copy and we thought the extras would be of better use elsewhere.”

“Indeed. And I suppose you are expecting others in return for your generosity?” Glashor inquired.

“That is not the reason for this offering, though any exchanges you consider would be very much appreciated.”

Galshor sucked in a large breath and sat back in his chair, the worn leather humming as he rubbed against it. “Very well then, we shall accept your ‘offering’. If you come back tomorrow the scribes here shall have some books for you also. That is, if you can walk tomorrow,” Galshor smirked.

Erestor looked perplexed. “My lord?” he inquired.

“Come to my rooms tonight. Just after dinner.”

“Forgive my rudeness, but Lord Glorfindel has already requested my presence tonight. I am to go to him as soon as I am finished here,” Erestor replied as politely as he could.

Galshor’s smile slipped and he sighed. “Very well then, tomorrow night,” he declared.

Erestor looked all the more uneasy, knowing tomorrow night was supposedly the night he and Glorfindel joined in body for the first time. “I do apologise, but Lord Glorfindel requests my presence each and every night, save when his or my duties are unavoidable. I fear it may be sometime before I am able to have an audience with you,” Erestor trembled slightly at the anger now simmering beneath the surface of the Lord’s eyes.

“Has he called you to his chamber for tomorrow night already, then?” Galshor asked, his teeth clenched.

“Not in so many words, but it is assumed-”

“Then he has not asked for your company. You shall come to my rooms tomorrow. Now go before you are reprimanded,” Galshor dismissed Erestor and turned his eyes down to his tabletop so he could work.

Erestor floundered for a moment, but when it was apparent Galshor would give him no more notice, he hesitatingly left, silently closing the door behind him. With a heavy heart, he made his way towards Glorfindel’s rooms, hoping the situation could somehow be rectified. It is strange, though, that in my misery I turn to my customary abuser for help, Erestor noted to himself.

Without realisation of time or path, Erestor found himself at a wooden door and knocked upon it. Glorfindel opened the door with a huge grin upon his face, so happy at seeing Erestor again he missed the forlorn expression the other elf wore.

“Erestor!” he cheered and pulled the scribe into a tight hug, placing a kiss at a temple. Glorfindel kicked the door closed and with an arm still around the slight shoulders he half-dragged Erestor into the room. “Drink?” he asked.

“Yes please,” Erestor answered, feeling he desperately needed one before telling Glorfindel of Lord Galshor’s plan. Glorfindel happily retrieved a glass of red wine and handed it to Erestor, then sat on the couch and patted his legs. Erestor watched Glorfindel closely. He sighed and downed the drink in one go and then moved to sit upon the Lord’s lap.

“Someone must be thirsty,” Glorfindel joked and moved in for a kiss.

Erestor held the glass a safe distance away and indulged his lord, meeting the questing tongue with his own. Glorfindel groaned at the sweet taste of Erestor and his hands firmly grasped the scribe’s sides before roaming all over the small back and pert buttocks. Erestor’s free hand rested around the blonde’s shoulders, his fingertips weeding their way through the golden hair.

Glorfindel suddenly grasped Erestor’s waist forcefully and pushed him to the side so he lay upon the couch. The move was so unexpected that the glass fell from Erestor’s hand and smashed upon the marble floor. Glorfindel paid it no mind and swiftly followed Erestor down, laying himself over his lover.

Erestor opened his legs as Glorfindel preferred and watched the lord descend upon him. Glorfindel smiled with his lips closed and moved in for another kiss, this time slower and more sensual. He held most of his weight on one forearm resting upon the arm of the couch; the other lightly ran up and down Erestor’s side. Erestor in turn put his arms around Glorfindel’s waist and kneaded the flesh, supposedly in want, muffled moans coming from his throat.

Glorfindel felt himself growing hard and began a steady rocking motion against Erestor’s groin. Erestor’s moans grew louder and Glorfindel was aroused further by the scribe’s enjoyment. He snaked a hand under the slender body, grasping at a tight arse cheek through the material of the clothes the younger elf wore. Erestor gasped as the item inside him shifted and threw his head to the side, breathing heavily as the lord continued toying with him. Erestor tried twisting out of Glorfindel’s hold, but the lord was still mostly on top of him, and escape was impossible without further leverage or strength.

“No… Stop!” Erestor gasped, pushing at Glorfindel’s shoulders.

“If you insist,” Glorfindel smirked and sat back to allow Erestor to calm his breathing. While Erestor was distracted, Glorfindel pushed the dark robe up the scribe’s body and quickly undid the ties to his leggings. Coming to his senses, Erestor tried to catch the large hands before they could pull down his clothing, but Glorfindel was too fast and Erestor was left exposed. Pulling at his robe, he tried to cover himself but again was foiled by his lord when his hands were caught in a tight grip and moved aside. “Come now, there is no need to play coy,” Glorfindel cooed, pressing a kiss to Erestor’s lips before continuing.

Snaking down the lean body, he pushed Erestor’s robe high up the scribe’s chest, exposing the tiny, rose-petal pink nipples. Licking his lips in want, Glorfindel swooped down and took one into his mouth, sucking ardently on the delicate nub. Erestor arched his back in response, groaning. Glorfindel played with Erestor’s chest, going from one bud to the other and back again, tormenting the sensitive nipples repeatedly with tongue, lips and teeth before kissing his way down the stomach. At the bellybutton, Glorfindel dipped his tongue into the small round hole. Erestor sucked in his stomach, releasing a small giggle as the hot slippery muscle tickled him. Grinning in surprise and mischievousness, Glorfindel attacked again, holding Erestor’s hip steady so there would be no escape for the dark beauty. Erestor bucked as he attempted his retreat, but quickly relented to the laughter that overcame him. Glorfindel continued his onslaught until Erestor brokenly cried out for mercy.

With slow, methodical movements, Glorfindel trailed his way further down Erestor’s body, pressing a few kisses to the skin pulled tightly over hip bones. With tentative nips and caring licks, Glorfindel slid down in between Erestor’s legs and gently cupped the flaccid penis in one hand. Erestor jumped at the touch and tried to wriggle away, but Glorfindel kept him firmly in place.

“AAAH! No…” Erestor near begged.

“You do not seem to be enjoying this as much as you should be,” Glorfindel cooed, “but you will be, soon enough. Just relax and enjoy your lord’s attention.”

Glorfindel released Erestor’s hands so he could use both to tease and touch his partner with. Erestor immediately brought his hands to his face, covering his mouth and eyes, trying to block any reaction to the sensual sensations occurring below.

Glorfindel allowed Erestor’s attempt at hiding and ducked his head down to meet the beautiful penis and gave the head a little kiss. With a careful hand, he began stroking the object of his attention, his fingers closed lightly around the shaft. Licking the crest, Glorfindel drooled saliva down the rod, easing his way as his hand continued to rub against the pole. He started slow but sped up as the flesh within his grasp warmed and was slick to the touch. His mouth sucked at the head mostly, but would occasionally travel further south to lick the pink sacs, playing with their sensitive surfaces with his rough tongue, sending delightful pleasure up Erestor’s spine.

Kissing and sucking, sliding and cupping, Glorfindel continued his ministrations for near fifteen minutes before realising Erestor was no harder now than he had been before. Looking up, Glorfindel saw Erestor’s position had not changed. Crawling up the body in concern, Glorfindel pulled Erestor’s hands from his face to see the scribe’s eyes squeezed tightly and his mouth clenched shut.

“Erestor?” Glorfindel queried in a gentle voice. “Is everything well?”

Erestor took a moment before he responded, his eyes opening slowly and his mouth falling agape with a large intake of breath.

“Is it over?” he asked in a quavering voice?

“Over? Nay, it has barely begun.”

It took all of Erestor’s control to stop himself from moaning with disappointment. “Then why did you stop?” he asked lightly.

Glorfindel frowned and lay back down on top of Erestor, kissing the soft lips lightly.

“Did you feel anything? Anything at all? My hands and lips were all over you yet no reaction took place. It is a rare activity that I perform, but I am not so untalented that I am unable to do the task well. Is there something amiss?” Glorfindel asked.

Erestor looked almost fearful for a second, then decided it was the right time to inform Glorfindel.

“Just before I came here, I ran into Lord Galshor… he ordered my presence within his chamber this night. Since you had already given me the same command, I told him this was impossible. Instead, he demanded tomorrow night,” Glorfindel looked like he was about to interrupt, but Erestor hurriedly continued, holding a hand up to cease the lord’s interjection. “I know you would have dictated my companionship tomorrow night as well, but since the order had not been given outright yet, I had no choice but to bow to his wishes,” Erestor closed his eyes, tears seeping through onto his eyelashes, his shoulders trembling slightly.

“You should have lied,” Glorfindel growled and hastily removed himself from Erestor and began pacing.

Erestor quickly pulling his leggings back into place and straightened his robe as he stood.

“What if I had been found out? Lying to a lord *is* a punishable offence,” Erestor tried to reason.

“Oh yes? And how shall that differ to what he is most likely to do to you tomorrow?” Glorfindel shouted at Erestor and watched the librarian shrink back with some satisfaction.

“I am sorry. I knew not what else to do,” Erestor sniffed, and sat on the edge of the couch, his head bowed as he looked at his hands twisting in the dark material of his clothing.

Glorfindel sighed, still frustrated, but calmed himself enough for the moment. Stepping up to the scribe, he kneeled in front of the younger elf and grasped the restless hands in a firm grip.

“You must understand, tomorrow night we were finally going to be joined as one, and now plans have been made to tear us apart. Even if it were a lie, would it not have been worth the potential consequences?”

Erestor’s head shot up, his eyes wide. Looking into Glorfindel’s smitten gaze, the scribe could do nothing but nod in agreement, the rest of his body going numb from the realisation of how deep the lord’s feelings for him may be. Glorfindel smiled brightly, and leaned in to kiss Erestor’s forehead.

“Wait here,” he said and left the room, leaving no room for argument.

Erestor remained immobile, trying to understand what had happened over the course of the past 26 months. They had met after a long time of separation, no longer children but independent adults. Glorfindel’s only intention to begin with had been to possess Erestor’s body. Every meeting from then on involved some form of lecherous activity. Kissing, stroking, bodies right up against one another, but as Erestor was not of age and did not give permission, their activities did not progress much further and never was a single item of clothing removed.

But still, Glorfindel acted as though he wanted nothing more than to ravage Erestor’s body then cast him aside once he had had his fill. The first time it appeared the lord’s attitude had changed was soon after Silindrical had been added to the equation. In order to freely have the scribe she had to be removed so no eternal bond could be made and Glorfindel’s aim taken from him. But even so, he did not only separate the lovers, he ruined Silindrical’s life and humiliated her in front of Erestor, shattering also the scribe’s only viable escape from Glorfindel’s clutches. Yet from then on also, Glorfindel’s actions only seemed based on his desire for Erestor’s physical presence. Never had any plans or actions made by the blonde incorporated any attempt to deepen his relationship with Erestor.

The dinners shared were directed by Glorfindel. Sexual comments flew off his tongue with nary a thought to Erestor’s comfort. Unpleasing comments made by the scribe resulted in harsh reprimands.

The only time the lord seemingly gave into Erestor, was sexually. After two years of waiting, Glorfindel stayed himself so Erestor would be more comfortable, physically, when he was inevitably entered. Even so, that only showed compassion and concern for his partner, but the end result would still be the same, and Erestor still had no say over the event occurring at all. If indeed Glorfindel’s feelings had deepened into love, it could only have happened over the past few weeks when Erestor had played the role of a willing partner and had done his best to please his lord.

Erestor’s face drained of colour upon the possible realisation that he might have mistakenly made Glorfindel fall for him. His recent compliant attitude was born of self-preservation, not to expose the blonde’s weakness and take advantage of it. Ironically, that was not what Glorfindel had wanted from the beginning either. All along the lord had mentioned how sweet an unwilling partner would be. The struggle between the two bodies, the rough play and the gratifying slumber that would come soon after completion. That had been Glorfindel’s aim from the off, so why would he then fall for the submitting type?

At that moment, Glorfindel re-entered the room and slammed the door close.

“THAT BASTARD! ‘Galdor does not speak for me’- MY ARSE!” he ranted, screaming, and punched a wall in anger. Erestor recoiled when a sickening crack reverberated from the impact, and Glorfindel shook his hand loose from its fist, cradling his hand with the other.

Sighing, he turned to Erestor with a look of despair on his face.

“I am sorry…” Glorfindel began. His mouth continued to move, but Erestor heard none of it, a sickening feeling starting in his gut as he considered this to be the first time the lord had ever apologised to anyone of his own will. His eyes darting around the room, they came to rest upon the corner where once he had seen two naked females, battered and bruised. They were the blonde’s prized slaves. Erestor had all but forgotten them. Racking his brain, he could not recall having ever seen them since that first night. And from the look of the dust covered chain lying on the ground, it would appear that they had not been present in this room since then.

A gentle touch on his hand brought Erestor back to reality. He jumped, but did not turn his gaze to Glorfindel just yet.

“Where have your slaves gone?” Erestor simply asked.

“Oh… I er… I gave them away,” he said, trying to find the right words.

“Why? I thought they were dear to you. After all, they were a present from your father.”

“True, but they were part of an agreement I made… to keep you safe,” Glorfindel admitted softly.

Erestor’s eyes widened and he looked at the lord in astonishment.

‘What?’ he mouthed.

“On your 50th begetting day, I went to all the lords of the respective Houses and offered various deals to each to ensure that they and those in their houses, regardless of rank, would not touch you,” Glorfindel said, and brought his fingers up to Erestor’s cheek. “The agreements last for at least a year. Some of them over five. My slaves went to Ecthelion’s father and also Maeglin, along with some coin and various other items they requested. It was a small price to pay,” Glorfindel smiled and softly kissed Erestor’s forehead, but soon continued on after that. “And it was obviously working since no other has tried to touch you. Except, Galshor was away at the time, so I made the agreement with Galdor. Lord Galshor returned soon after but never said anything to me, so I assumed he agreed to the terms that Galdor and I had arranged. But now he claims to know nothing of our deal and therefore will not respect it. Erestor, I know we had decided tomorrow night would be the time I take your virginity from you, but given the circumstances, perhaps we should do it now. I would hate to think of what he might to do you, first time or not.” Glorfindel suggested.

“What?” Erestor asked, still dazed and confused about this turn of events. “Is there nothing else you can do?”

“Well, there is one other possibility. We could get married. That way, Galdor, and everyone else, will never be allowed to touch you again,” Glorfindel half smiled and leant in close as he continued speaking. “Just my hands, on you… forever…” he cooed and lightly nipped Erestor’s bottom lip.

Before Glorfindel could deepen the touch into a kiss, Erestor suddenly stood up and pushed back on Glorfindel’s shoulders, all but throwing the blonde to the ground. Glorfindel hissed as his broken fingers hit the ground and the injury was jilted.

“Marry you? Marry *YOU*!?” Erestor asked, his mouth snarling in a disgusted manner. “While your proposal would indeed secure my safety from others it would not save me from you!”

Glorfindel again cradled his hand as he stood, and tried to remain as calm as he could. This was all part of the dance, he presumed. Just a formality that needed addressing before they would fall to bed in ecstasy. He laughed casually. “Why would you need to be saved from me? I shall never do anything to harm you.”

Erestor stared at him incredulously. “You hurt me on every occasion we meet! If I falter in my duties to you, if I disobey you, even hesitate for just a moment, you remind me of my place and my servitude to you. You think I *WANT* this thing inside me? You think I want *YOU* inside me? In marriage I will be no more an equal to you than I am now! I would rather be shared with everyone in Middle Earth before I allow you to be the last elf who ever touches me again!”

Erestor was breathing hard, adrenalin rushing through his veins as he spat out the first thoughts that came to mind. His eyes went wide and a shaking hand came to his mouth as he realised precisely what he had just said. Shifting back from the livid form in front of him, he hit the edge of the couch and panic set in as he realised there was no where to go. Glorfindel had him trapped and the lord was enraged.

Glorfindel let out a scathing chuckle. “You really had me fooled…well, since I cannot be the last. I will at least be the first,” he growled and leapt forward. Erestor tried to dodge, but was easily caught and pushed back onto the couch. Glorfindel scrambled to find a good hold on Erestor’s clothing but he was inhibited due to his fingers and Erestor’s squirming did not help. Eventually, using his good hand, he grasped Erestor’s collar and pulled the scribe off the couch, the small body falling heavily on the marble floor, missing the broken glass by mere inches

Erestor landed with an “oomph,” and immediately tried to get away, but Glorfindel’s grip was too strong.

“You don’t even deserve a cushion! Even the floor is too good for you, but it will do,” Glorfindel seethed, his hands easily flipping Erestor over and yanking the scribe’s robe up to his waist. Just as one hand was able to grasp the waistband of Erestor’s leggings, a knock came at the door. Glorfindel groaned audibly and Erestor ceased his struggles, though he was still shivering from fear and shock.

“Enter,” Glorfindel called from the floor, making no move to get up.

A soldier entered the room and quickly surveyed the scene before him but said nothing on the matter.

“My lord, I have come ahead to inform you that your troops from the borders are on their way back and shall arrive any moment now. There was an errant band of Orcs in the area and came across the soldiers unawares. The creatures have been slaughtered but there were also many injuries on our side. Some have remained at their encampment just in case and require further numbers if there are any more enemies nearby. The injured have been brought back here and are in need of medical attention. Your father is already abed, we need your permission to send more warriors,” the soldier stated and held out a piece of parchment that required Glorfindel’s signature.

Glorfindel hesitatingly stood up and grabbed the paper from the soldier. He walked over to a small desk next to his bedroom door, upon which a quill and inkpot was placed. Scribbling his name, he folded the paper up again and gave it back to the soldier.

“How many dead?” Glorfindel asked.

“Three, and a further five fighting for their lives. There are another twelve with injuries but they shall be fine once healed. There is one though, whose leg must be removed… there is no avoiding it,” the soldier said, his eyes downcast.

Erestor listened carefully to everything and believing this was his only chance, quickly stood and ran into the bedroom, slamming the doors closed and bolting the lock.

“Damn,” Glorfindel moaned. “Go tell the Healers to prepare for wounded. Send as many men as you need. Come to me if there is any further news.”

“Aye sir,” the soldier saluted and marched out the door. Glorfindel turned towards his bedroom and walked towards it.

Hearing footsteps approaching the door, Erestor backed up and ran to the windows. Opening one, he looked down. There was a three-metre drop, which he could easily make, even without a great many athletic abilities, but there were soldiers posted around the bottom. Even without knowing the situation, it was likely they would hold him for questioning after having seen him jump from a lords’ window, and Glorfindel could potentially break through the door at any moment.

Deciding there was nothing for it, Erestor pushed the window as wide as it could go and was about to climb onto the sill when he heard something he did not expect. Glorfindel was softly knocking on the door.

“Erestor?” he called out. “Erestor, I will give you this one chance… open this door now and I promise to be gentle. I will give you to the count of five to unlock the door. One.”

Erestor panicked. To jump he would surely be caught. To unbolt the door would undoubtedly result in the same conclusion.

“Two.”

Erestor climbed onto the windowsill, his robe needing rearranging many times so it would stay out of the way.

“Three.”

Erestor crouched low, ready to jump down, when horses neighed and started trotting into the square below. Looking down, the soldiers were alarmed by their presence and went to see what the commotion was all about. Erestor watched injured elves being carried on stretches bound to horses and being carried by other soldiers.

“Four.”

A flash of blonde hair caught his eye. An elf on a litter… there was blood everywhere and limbs at odd angles. His eyes were closed.

“Natahl…” Erestor whispered, and his limbs went numb. Backing off the ledge, he bent over it, trying to see from afar what was happening down below.

“Five. That is it, Erestor. I will now be unforgiving in my punishment of you. I doubt even Galshor will want you tomorrow once I am done with you.”

Glorfindel raised his leg and kicked the double doors in, the wood splintering and the hinges twisting. Glorfindel’s eyes flew to Erestor’s still form and marched over to the scribe, intending on pouring all his rage and hurt into this elf physically. But the scene in the courtyard caught his attention. Coming in close behind Erestor, Glorfindel leant over the scribe and viewed the situation for himself.

“Your soldiers…” Erestor merely breathed.

Glorfindel moved his head to the side so he could see Erestor in profile. He said nothing, but noticed Erestor’s eyes weren’t moving. Following their gaze, he saw Natahl, sprawled out on a stretcher, Healers posing over his body.

“So that is how it is,” Glorfindel whispered. Erestor came back to himself and turned his head to look at Glorfindel, the concern in his eyes could not be denied.

Glorfindel’s mouth was pulled tight in rage.

“Get out of my room,” he bit out, his body shaking as he tried to control himself.

Erestor’s eyes went wide and he slowly started backing away.

Glorfindel watched Erestor, their eyes never breaking contact as the divide between them gradually grew. With each cautious step, Glorfindel’s resolve was fading.

“GET OUT!!!” Glorfindel screamed and picked up the first object that came to hand and threw it at Erestor. The scribe dodged the item easily enough and ran from the rooms.

Glorfindel grabbed any item within reach and began hurling them at the walls, windows, furniture and floor. When he ran out of breakables, he began tipping furniture over, ripping the sheets from his bed, throwing clothes from his closet, all without any concern to his hurt hand. When his room was in as much disarray as his heart, Glorfindel finally broke down and sat against the wall, his eyes leaking salt-water tears.

Meanwhile, Erestor ran all the way to the Houses of Healing, his mind abuzz with everything that had happened in such a short amount of time. Seeing Natahl on a bed, healers hovering all around him, Erestor sat quietly in the corner, his knees pulled up to his chest as he waited, hoping it was not as bad as it looked.



TBC