RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Chapter 8

A hand slammed a piece of paper upon his desk.

“I need to find this book,” a voice from above commanded, removing his hand.

Erestor gulped at the sound of the familiar voice, but picked up the parchment nonetheless and read the title. He groaned inwardly and a feeling of dread started spreading throughout his body.

“I am not very familiar with this genre of book,” Erestor explained. “Perhaps you would do better asking assistance from another scribe?”

“You are a scribe, are you not?”

Erestor winced at the cool, calculating tone. “Apprentice, yes.”

“Then do your job and help me find this book!”

“As you wish, Lord Glorfindel.” Erestor stood and moved to the library catalogue to make sure no one had borrowed the text before walking to the centre of the library where books on sexual activities were kept. Wasting no time, Erestor began searching for the title Glorfindel wished to read. It was not in its alphabetically correct place, so he looked over all the other shelves in pursuit of the elusive book. Glorfindel, however, seemed to take joy in pulling out random books, flipping through them, shoving a rather explicit picture into Erestor’s face, then commenting upon it.

“Have you and your lady friend tried this position yet? Would you like me to show you how it is done? Care for a demonstration? Mind if I watch? I should very much like to try this position some day.”

Erestor ignored Glorfindel’s remarks, but politely declined all his offers.

Glorfindel, despite the constant refusals, persevered nonetheless.

“Tying people up!? But then one cannot enjoy the challenge and passion of the struggle! Do you not agree, Erestor? Ooooh… MULTIPLE PARTNERS! How about you and I go out and find other willing, sexually open souls and have some fun? Or do your pleasures lie in voyeurism? I wouldn’t mind you watching me. In fact, come to my chambers tonight and I shall be more than happy to put on a display for you.”

Erestor continued his search, desperately trying to find Glorfindel’s book and subsequently leaving the vulgar Elf’s company. Finally he sighed in relief and took down the book on same-sex marriages and bonding ceremonies, handing it to the blonde.

“Here is the book you were looking for. Is there anything else I can assist you with?” Erestor asked out of courtesy, mentally begging there wasn’t.

“Yes, if you could assist me with the practical side to this ceremony, I would be much obliged,” Glorfindel asked, his winning smile plastered upon his face, gifting Erestor with a wink at the end.

“My duties are far too many to help in such a venture. Is there anything else?”

“I never said you had to do it right now. How about this Sunday? I know you have that day off.”

“I am busy this and every Sunday,” Erestor said simply.

“With Silindrical?” Glorfindel scoffed.

“Yes, we are- Wait, how do you know her name?”

Glorfindel smirked and moved forward, crowding Erestor and forcing him against a bookcase. The Lord raised an arm above the Scribe’s head and leant in close.

“I know more than just her name,” he whispered conspiringly. “In fact, I know more about you and your life than you would want.”

Erestor gulped at their closeness, a fleeting look of worry passing over his features.

“And ho- how did you come by this information?”

“Oh, Erestor! Do you not know? *Everyone* has their price!” he teased before pressing his body further into Erestor’s then walking away, a cynical laugh escaping his lips as he did so.

Erestor stared in confusion long after Glorfindel had left, wondering what on earth the lord had been talking about. Eventually he surmised the blonde was merely up to his tricks again and shrugged it off, returning to his work once more.



TBC