RSS

Printer
- Text Size +
Title: Haldir, Interrupted
Author: Hare (harefic@yahoo.com)
Pairing: Haldir
Rating: NC-17
Warnings: Self-love, attempted humor, explicit flashbacks, implied future angst
Beta: Minuial Nuwing
Disclaimer: None of these characters belong to me. None. Of. Them.
Summary: Haldir, anticipating a reunion with his long-parted lover, tries to enjoy a night alone in his talan! ***this story is a prequel to a much longer project currently under construction.


Haldir looked out upon the forest as twilight approached. Lothlórien’s lights – small and limited in number, but a bastion against the encroaching blackness - twinkled through the trees. The low hum of voices created a background of comfort, their presence unseen yet near, as the elves went about their business. An occasional bark of laughter pierced the night and brought forth Haldir’s smile. The animals were quiet, unseen, as those who welcomed the day and those who welcomed the night silently shifted places. Swirling shadows, growing ever larger, twisted in their bizarre dance as they chased away the light. And then a flash of brilliance as, in concert, hundreds of cook fires flared to life. Haldir shut his eyes tight and could still see the fires; he blinked in rapid succession, enjoying the moving pictures the images created. His stomach growled long and loud as he smelled the crisping flesh of fowl and beast being braised for evening meals.

Haldir patted his stomach, licked his lips and swallowed hard. His hunger, this night, would not be satisfied by a meal. He sighed noisily just as the raw spring wind sliced through the trees, causing the lights of Lothlórien to flicker, as if Middle Earth had issued its own great sigh in harmony with Haldir. His answering shiver was chased away by a flush of excitement. He was home, the place he loved best, the place he existed between the times he was reunited with his lover. These ordinary sights, smells, and sounds added to his feeling of contentedness as his spirit soared with thoughts of seeing his lover for the first time in decades.

Satisfied now that evening had arrived and he would finally have some time alone, Haldir left the terrace and walked back into his talan. It was smallish, offering room for one or two comfortably, no more. Sparse and orderly best defined his home. There was no clutter, no space wasted on trifles. A clean military efficiency dominated the rooms and a reactionary frown crossed his face as he contemplated his bed - empty and sterile. It was crisply made with sharp corners and nary a wrinkle or fold out of place. Even the one thin pillow was perfectly placed. Reaching out he swiftly pulled the blanket from its tucked position and dumped it in a heap on the floor. Next he threw off the pillow. Better, he thought. For the brief moment in time when he had resided with his lover, their bed had been forever in a crumpled state. His lover had transformed it from merely a place of rest to a place of fulfilled fantasies. Smiling wickedly as he recalled the rank smell of sex between ellyn and spilt semen that had dominated their lodgings, Haldir began pulling off his clothing. He hoped they would find time to duplicate that intoxicating aroma.

Haldir tugged the tunic over his head and tossed it aside. The skin on his naked torso pimpled as the cold air assaulted it. He ran his hands softly across the smooth surface of his pale chest and his breath hitched as he pinched and twisted each nipple - his mind ever on his lover. These same thoughts had occupied his every waking moment and his nightly dreaming. Finally, he had a moment alone to contemplate the arrival of his lover after weeks of anticipation. Weeks spent half-erect, wearing over-long tunics, and his warden’s cape hung low and closed in the front. His lover had been gone these many years, becoming a Lord in his own right, proving the strength and cunning Haldir had always seen in him.

Thinking on that strength was the only catalyst Haldir needed to grow hard and needful. So many years of satisfying his own urges and tomorrow he would once again be in the arms of his beloved. Granted, their time would be spent in secrecy and driven by stealth but his status as Marchwarden afforded him his own talan. His home was built in the strong limbs of a young mallorn tree, separated from all others in the area, with his own private entrance that was surrounded by a luxuriant growth of shrubbery which flourished in the shade of the tree. Haldir had cultivated the undergrowth specifically to assure his comings and goings could not be monitored by any of the elves who seemed extraordinarily interested in his life. Aye, he had seen to it that on the rare occasions he needed it, privacy would be insured.

Haldir toed off each boot and then fell onto his bed. The cool sheets warmed immediately to his already inflamed body. Lifting his hips he quickly peeled off his leggings and slung them to the corner. Sprawled on his back, his hands roamed down familiar pathways finding their prize and Haldir released his breath in a long lush moan. He was accustomed to this game, having pleasured himself for years, and allowed his mind to envision his lover touching him. Lips, hot and moist, burned a trail across every inch of his skin before moving up his vulnerable throat and capturing his mouth. The mere thought of his lover’s talented mouth brought a surge to Haldir’s cock and he was, in a flash, close, so close. He could feel his lover straddling his hips and crushing him down to the bed; could see him oiling his impressive erection; could watch him turn his expressive eyes downward while promising that what was to come was for Haldir alone.

Theirs was no passing lust for previously untried cravings, to be slaked and then forgotten. Nay, from the first, his lover had overpowered him with his aggressive tenderness and worked his body as if it was an instrument made for nothing but pleasure. Haldir’s erection strained and wept as he thought back upon the sweet press of his lover’s thick hardened flesh against his opening. And the delicious pain that flared each time his lover pushed into him and beat out their young passion on his aching entrance. Recalling that ultimate bliss caused his body to blush merely from the memory of their first encounter and he clenched his buttocks in remembrance of the eternal throb he carried with him in those frenzied days. His lover had displayed more skill than any high-priced whore and he would always remember the way his body felt when his lover had finished with it.

“Marchwarden!”

Haldir froze in mid-stroke, momentarily panicked. He waited, his hand now stilled though his quivering erection continued to fill and harden. His breathing harsh, he smiled grimly and tried to relax again. His talan was dark. They would go away if he ignored them. Gradually he allowed his mind to drift back to his favorite topic and he slowly fell back into his memories.

“Marchwarden!”

With a loud groan Haldir sat up and let his head fall into his hands. His temples throbbed in time with the pulse of his cock. When he knew he could delay no further, he rolled off his bed, pulled his light robe off the nearby chair and donned it quickly while he slowly walked to the door, willing his body to release its rigid state. It would not do to have his officers see him in such a condition. For surely the only ones bold enough to intrude on his personal time were his captains.

With a flick of the wrist he threw back the material that covered his doorway. Luckily, Ithil did not hang in the sky this evening so he would not cast an offending silhouette and announce his condition to those below. He was determined to be done with this encounter in record time and knew one of his famous bellows would surely chase off the offenders.

His eyes alit on the two officers below, both of whom were nervously shuffling their feet and casting quick glances anywhere but upwards. These two were newly promoted and still green in their role as captains. He knew exactly why they were here; tomorrow represented the first time their positions required them to perform duty for a Lord other than their own liege. Their fear had herded them here to his talan to intrude on his home and private time.

Drawing in a large breath he shouted, “Captains!” Haldir smirked behind his raised hand as they both jumped and stumbled to attention.

Gelion, young and brash and promoted early because of his innovative ideas as well as his uncanny ability to command and lead, found his voice first, “Marchwarden. Pardon, but Celon and I have been discussing our duties for the morrow and the arrival of our esteemed guest.”

Celon, logically driven and a strategic genius, picked up the presentation. “Yes, Marchwarden, we have several issues that require clarification. For example…”

Haldir held up his hand. “Nay, captains. There is nothing further to discuss. We have laid out all possible scenarios and been through them several thousand times. The plans are solid and well thought out. You both know your duties, and I am confident you will perform them superbly, as always. Good night.”

Through narrowed eyes he watched them look at him, defiant and unconvinced. They had not taken the dismissal well and stayed their ground until he raised a questioning eyebrow and smiled menacingly at them - a look that clearly heralded Haldir’s ire at their insubordination. Their resolve broke. His captains both bowed to him smartly and stepped backwards into the dark.

Chuckling, Haldir moved back into his talan. His lover would be amused at the excitement his visit was causing and he would most definitely enjoy the stories Haldir had to tell. But, at present, talking with his lover was the furthest thing from his mind. His body still thrummed with the tension of unrelieved lust and he hurriedly settled down on his bed and turned his thought to days gone by. His lover had assisted him in taming his nasty tempter. In turn, Haldir had tamed his lover. Thoughts of that enticing struggle brought a moan of pure desire to his lips as he hardened once more.

Haldir remembered the exact instant when his need began and knew the price of exacting that need. Their second coupling started with an altercation, for when Haldir had threatened to take the initiative his lover had captured his hands, clamping them firmly to the bed. Not to be denied, Haldir bucked and threw his lover to the floor. Haldir had followed him down and their wrestling continued in earnest as they jostled for dominance. In the end, Haldir was victorious and used his physical prowess to pin his lover beneath him. But his lover continued to protest until Haldir turned to his command of words to soothe and reassure that there was no shame in submitting - even one who lead an entire army of elves, for who but the two of them would ever know what occurred between them?

It was a hard battle but his lover hesitantly relented. Still, when Haldir breached him, he repeatedly cried out in pain. His tension and nervousness prevented him from relaxing and enjoying the experience, but Haldir would not admit defeat. Nay, he had placed his hand over his lover’s mouth for fear the guards would break down the door thinking their Lord was being harmed. And then Haldir had moved slowly and carefully, pushing in further with each small thrust, fondling him and speaking softly into his sensitive ear, breaking down his resistance. Finally, with a powerful groan and shudder, he had opened and Haldir sunk deep and rode him long, caressing him, and gentling him until his lover broke fully in his submission. At the end they had sealed their new journey with mutual declarations of love and fidelity.

A pair of shrieks pierced the quiet of the night. Haldir, completely submerged in his fantasy, flew out of bed and landed in a crouch, his free hand reaching out for his bow. Reluctantly he released his wilting erection and his other hand blindly searched for the quiver. Another screech shattered the calm and the truth of the situation finally scratched its way into Haldir’s erotically fogged mind. He knew the owners of those voices and there was no danger here, only two elflings born to annoy their older brother!

Relaxing, he slid down the wall and let the weapons fall from his hands. The dull sound of wood hitting wood replaced the screaming. Rubbing a hand across his face, Haldir reluctantly stood on wobbly legs and headed for his balcony. These two would not leave, nay; once they tired of their current game they would haunt his doorway and, if he still did not answer they would walk in.

His brothers were well into their duel by the time Haldir emerged from his talan. Their flimsy wooden sticks were wielded clumsily and with no accuracy. His lessons with them seemed all for naught, as judged by their sloppy stances. Occasionally he was still startled by the fact that he had brothers, for he was well into his second millennium when they were born. His nana tired of waiting and, finally realizing that Haldir had no intention of producing grandchildren, took matters into her own hands. In rapid succession, less than two year apart, his brothers were born. As soon as they could walk, they had taken to following Haldir anywhere. He did love them, obsessively so, yet they frequently annoyed him to distraction. Case in point, their interruption of his quiet night alone with thoughts of his lover and they were battling with sticks, though they had been told numerous times this activity was forbidden without adult supervision.

“No, no, no, no,” bellowed Haldir.

His brothers, not halting their mock fight, merely glanced up at him and smiled brightly, obviously very happy to see Haldir.

“I told you here was up there, Rúmil.”

Rúmil nodded then shouted, “Hullo, brother. We came looking for you.”

“I can see that, Rúmil. Now put down the sticks before one of you gets your eye poked out! Remember the incident with Ada’s sword, Orophin?”

In constant trouble from the day of their births, their behavior still drove everyone mad. Once his brothers realized that together they were practically unstoppable they had become inseparable. They goaded each other into outrageous antics on a daily basis.

Grudgingly they lowered the sticks and turned their full attention to Haldir.

“I didn’t poke out Rúmil’s eye! He got his tongue stuck on the sword and it wasn’t my fault! It was cold and he did it because...” Orophin stopped in mid sentence and looked hard at Haldir. “Are you naked, brother?”

“Look at his face, Orophin. Your face is red, brother. Were you running? Are you mad at us?” Rúmil pouted and spoke with just the right amount of whine in his voice. Haldir knew that he knew this irritated Haldir to no end.

Orophin continued their assault. “It IS red! Can we come up to see you, brother?”

“Whatcha doing up there, brother? Can we play with you?” asked Rúmil, who raised his stick and took a swing at Orophin as he spoke.

Haldir knew they would continue this rapid-fire questioning if he did not intercede quickly.

“Yes, no, no, no, none of your concern, and no! Why are you here, brothers? Surely Nana will be worried, as it is late.”

“No, brother, Nana sent us to see you. We have so many questions about tomorrow’s visitor, and she said you could answer them all. Plus we need to work on our sword skills if we are to impress him!”

Both Rúmil and Orophin looked so solemn nodding their heads up and down, so sure that his lover would insist on meeting them, so sure of Haldir’s wisdom, that he could not scoff at their innocence. He could only smile - but not too brightly lest, they think it an invitation to enter his talan. Tomorrow he would deal with his Nana. Now his concern was to send Rúmil and Orophin off gently, for beneath all their unruly behavior lay two tender hearts.

“I am busy this eve, brothers.” He saw their faces immediately fall and hurried to add, “But I am sure that soon we will have time to play, and I will continue your lessons with the sword. In the meantime, I have a very important duty for you both. Will you accept this duty, my brothers?”

Both Rúmil and Orophin shot straight up to attention. Together they said, “Yes, brother. We accept.”

Haldir re-entered his talan and retrieved the article before returning to his terrace. His brothers had not moved. He beckoned them forward until they stood just below him and then he dropped his package. They ran to catch it and successfully grabbed it before it hit the ground. They stared in awe at the crimson Marchwarden’s cape in their hands. For once, they were speechless.

“Guard my cloak well, brothers, for I shall have special need of it on the morrow. At sunrise, I expect you at my talan looking sharp and ready for your continued duty. You will be my squires for the morning. Dress well, plait your hair appropriately, and come prepared as I will require a sturdy breakfast, a brushed uniform, and a gleaming sword. Now, off with you brothers as you will need a full night’s rest.”

With squeals of joy, Rúmil and Orophin raced off towards home and Haldir heard their fading shouts of “Nana!” and “Ada!” echoing through the trees.

Alone again, finally, Haldir shuffled back to the shelter of his talan and stared dejectedly at his decidedly wilted cock. Nothing broke the mood quite like two overactive elflings. He took hold of his dangling flesh and measured its weight. Heavy, solid and warm, but flaccid and he despaired of finding the right thoughts to continue his prior mood. With a suspicious glance at his entryway, he wondered if it was safe to even try again and then he felt the first shakings of his talan.

The shaking continued and grew stronger and he knew this could only mean that someone was racing hard up his spiral staircase with heavy steps and great urgency. Only one elf would dare display this lack of etiquette, showing up at his door unannounced.

Haldir jumped into his bed and covered himself up to the waist bare moments before Celebrían burst into the room. Wide-eyed and panting she threw herself down on the edge of Haldir’s bed and grabbed his hands. With one quick breath, she rushed headlong into her barrage of questions.

“Ada just told me that you fought beside him! You let me go on and on about him these past weeks and you know him and you never said! What is he like Haldir? Is he as handsome and cunning as they say? I have heard he is tall and broad and that his voice is deep and sultry and brings forth a flush to all who hear it. And that ellith swoon before him and ellyn fall to their knees swearing fealty. Is he so powerful? Tell me, Haldir. Tell me everything you know!

“Sultry?” Haldir chuckled, “My lady, you are too young to speak of flushing and swooning! Really, who has told you these things?”

Clearly affronted, Celebrían brought herself up to full height, her blue eyes flashing their displeasure. “I am far beyond my majority, as you well know Haldir, and I am completely versed in such things as flushing and swooning. Now you will stop treating me as an elfling and answer my questions. I shall not leave until you tell me about him!”

She folded her arms over her chest, appeared suddenly startled, and took a quick step backwards.

“Are you nude?” she squeaked.

Smiling broadly, Haldir clapped his hands together, “Why yes I am! How wonderful of you to notice.” Haldir softly exhaled, grateful for the diversion from her questions regarding his lover.

“Put some clothes on Haldir. I will be staying for awhile.”

“I will not! I am perfectly comfortable as I am.” Two could play at the stubborn game and he was quite used to forestalling Celebrían’s demands.

Haldir saw the haunted look that passed quickly over Celebrían’s face replaced by a stilted grin. “You have always denied me Haldir; my elfling idolization of you, my continued devotion as an adult. Each time you have brushed me aside, claiming you view me as a daughter and love me only as such. Yet I know there is no one else who has caught your eye. Now, when I come to you for knowledge of an elf to whom you were once a friend, you deny me again. Why must you always be so mysterious?”

Dismayed at this constant struggle between them, Haldir patted the space beside him and beckoned Celebrían to join him. When she sat he ran his hand gently down the side of her face and pulled her into a tight embrace.

“I have denied you nothing that was within my power to give and you know this.” He felt Celebrían grudgingly nod her head in agreement. “Truly there is no mystery and there is nothing to tell. He is merely an elf like us, who, through happenstance, was born into a family of leaders. These things you hear are birthed of fantasy by those who do not know him. Flattering words to be sure, yet there are also many who speak ill of him. Let your own observations be your guide, for tomorrow you will meet him and spend many days in his company. Only then will his true mettle be revealed to you.”

Celebrían sat back, held Haldir at arms length and gave him a gentle squeeze. “Once more your counsel is wise. It is as you say; I will reign in my enthusiasm until tomorrow and will channel all my curiosity into questioning him directly. I do hope he will not find me overly bold, as I would hate to lose this opportunity!”

“Never fear, my lady. I am sure he will find you as charming as I do.”

Celebrían snorted laughter and called out, “Flatterer!”

Her mirth was cut short by a jaw cracking yawn which she hid behind her hand. She then placed a light kiss on Haldir’s cheek before rising.

“I find that I am of a sudden very tired. Tomorrow will come soon enough and I fear I will need more rest than this night affords. Good night, Marchwarden,” Celebrían said as she walked towards the entryway.

“A pleasant eve to you too, my lady. Please excuse me if I do not see you to the door.”

Without turning around, she raised her hand in a farewell gesture and her laughter tinkled through the night. Haldir watched her depart until the material guarding his doorway fell back to place, and he was once again unattended.

Laughing without mirth and vaguely uncomfortable, Haldir stood and drew on sleeping pants over his completely defeated erection. Three misplaced interruptions had seen to that. Never before had he failed to complete his pleasure, but his own five-little-friends were no match for five of Lothlórien’s most determined elves. Shaking his head in disbelief at the night’s events, his only consolation was that he would soon be seen to by his lover. No mere dream, no fantasy, but flesh and a promise of the smooth slide of skin on skin. He could wait one more night.

Shivering from the pain of unfulfilled desire, he snuggled deep beneath his covers, warmed by thoughts of his lover’s firm, hot body pressing close. Haldir contemplated the decision he had come to months earlier, upon hearing of his lover’s impending visit. His duty here was far from complete, but through time he had placed competent and loyal captains in the guard. They were well able to defend this land and its inhabitants, and he was but one in the ultimate equation.

It was time for him to follow his heart. So tomorrow, once their physical lust was spent, he would declare himself ready to leave Lothlórien and follow wherever Elrond, his lover, might lead.

The End