RSS

Printer
- Text Size +

Nothing is ever normal around Imladris...especially when it involves Glorfindel.

"You need anything from the store, Elrond?"

"Don't think so, thanks-but you can take Erestor with you. He's getting on my nerves."

"What's he done now?"

"GRIPING...somebody didn't reshelf some books, the dusting's not up to his standards, chewing gum under the chairs... "

"Yeah, I know what you mean. He'll be talking to himself for the rest of the day. Okay- I'll let him look at the magazines...That always makes him happy. One of those new literary journals that he's so crazy about should have arrived by now. It'll keep him occupied."

"And is precisely why I haven't bought him a subscription, it gets him out of the house once in awhile. Thanks, Glor- I owe ya one."

"No prob... Seeya at supper."

A short while later:

"mumble...MUMBLE...mumble..."

"Speak up, Er, I can't hear ya."

"I said, I HATE Wal-Mart on the weekend! Besides, I think there's somebody following us.."

"Aw, c'mon, Er, you always say that. There's nobody following us!"

"Yes, there is! And she's staring at you!"

"Is Not!"

"Is, too! Oh great, now I'm starting to talk like you! Look-I'll prove it- we'll split up. See which one of she follows, pretty boy. She can't keep up with both of us!"

"Okay, already! If it will make you happy. I'll circle around through toiletries, and meet you back here in a few minutes. Fair enough?"

"Just don't get lost in the hairspray aisle again, will you? I'll wager kitchen duty tonight that she sticks with you."

"Done. She's not following us, Mr. Paranoia..."(Glorfindel notices after three laps through sporting goods, house wares and cosmetics that the woman is still trailing him. He picks up the pace, zigzags through the toy department, where she finally corners him)

"What do you WANT, Lady? I'm trying to shop, here!"

"Say something in Quenya. Or Sindarin. I don't care. Read me your grocery list! Just let me LOOK at you. Let me play in your hair...I don't care!"

"Wait a minute. How did you know I'm...?"(Meanwhile, she's trying to pin him to the rack in between two bicycles)

"RUN, ERESTOR! " He bellows. "SHE'S ONTO US!"

Glorfindel launches himself straight up, grabs the bicycle rack for leverage, executes a magnificent leap over her cart, bolts for the entrance, bowls over the greeter, and leaps three lines of buggies before clearing the doors at a dead run.

(A few minutes later: In the trees approximately four blocks away)

"Dang, Glor! I haven't seen you move that fast in at least three centuries! Are you sure you lost her?"

"SHUT UP, Erestor."

"Oh my...Touchy, aren't we? It's not like she was a Balrog or anything..."