RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. ???
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 3



Erestor met Glorfindel at the inn where the lord had been staying. He had packed lightly, Glorfindel already promising to buy him an entire new wardrobe when they reached the palace.

Last night Erestor had been so giddy he told his father all Glorfindel had confessed and that he himself could not have been happier were he marrying Namo himself (though at that moment thunderbolts sounded loudly in the sky and Erestor ceased speaking thus). His father was happy for him; Earane definitely appreciated that Glorfindel was a lord and could provide for his son, though he knew no such thoughts had entered Erestor’s head.

Earane had been waiting ever since Erestor’s majority for his son to find happiness in the arms of another and marry, and with each passing year he despaired that Erestor would be fated to never find his intended one and instead lead a bizarre and varied life. But with joyous news, Earane’s fears vanished and he hugged his son over and over again, giving his blessing for this union many times. He even pulled out his wedding robe and offered it to Erestor to wear on his day of bonding. Erestor tearfully accepted it and hugged his father tightly.

This morning though, no such tears were marring Erestor’s face as he waited for Glorfindel to finish readying his horse. To keep himself busy, Erestor checked for the thousandth time that he had all his notes and necessary equipment to continue his report. He also made sure he had two day’s worth of clothes, but worried his robes would be unfashionably creased by the time they reached the palace and he would look unworthy of their son’s love when presented to the Lord and Lady of the Golden Flower.

Before he could fret so far as to chew at his bottom lip, Glorfindel caught Erestor’s hand in his, and began leading them down the road that led out of town and eventually to the palace.

Glorfindel smiled and nodded his head to all that bowed to him. Aside from a few less than friendly glares, Erestor knew none of the attention was directed at him, but was still disturbed and a little embarrassed because of it.

“Relax,” Glorfindel whispered in his ear.

“I am beginning to prefer the times we spent in private,” Erestor half-joked.

“Well, if you like, I doubt anyone else has hired out my room at the inn, we could just turn around now and-”

“You are incorrigible!” Erestor laughed, throwing his head back.

“I take it that is a ‘no’?” Glorfindel clarified with a cheeky grin.

“That is a big refusal, my lord,” Erestor smiled, his eyes lit with joy.

“Just so long as you do not refuse my other proposal, then I can live with it.”

“Oh? And what proposal would that be?”

“Do not play coy with me, Erestor.”

“Technically, you never asked me to bind myself to you. You merely told me of your wish for us to do so. In which case, I am of course, hoping for a lovely candle-lit dinner, music playing in the background, perhaps a dance and a romantic stroll in the moonlight before you ask me for my hand. Anything less than that and I may have to refuse. After all, I never actually gave my consent in the first place, even if it is what I wish for too,” Erestor said matter-of-factly.

“But, if you wish for it too, then why should I go to all that trouble?” Glorfindel asked, his forehead crinkling as though he was attempting to solve a complex puzzle.

“Because I still want romance. I want it to be perfect and for me to be swept away by the moment. Oh…it shall be a grand night with fond memories for us both and a grand story to tell,” Erestor said softly with a smile and rested his head upon Glorfindel’s arm as his eyes envisioned the scene right before them.

“I cannot imagine why you would want such a thought out, organised evening. Personally, I think romance comes from surprise and spur of the moment actions. Such as,” Glorfindel released Erestor’s hand and quickly wrapped it around the younger elf’s waist, bringing the beautiful face closer to his own. He sealed his lips over Erestor’s and kissed his beloved breathless. “Such as an unexpected kiss on a busy road, surrounded by people while leading two horses homewards,” Glorfindel smiled gently down at Erestor.

“While what you say does hold some appeal, I would like a little effort to go into a proposal of marriage,” Erestor said, a goofy smile on his face as his and Glorfindel’s hand connected again.

“Well, I shall see what the moment calls for when it arrives,” Glorfindel said non-committedly and then started walking again.

~*~*~*~*~

Once they reached the edges of the small town, they turned to mount their horses.

“You know what will make this moment VERY romantic?” Glorfindel asked.

“If you are about to suggest a race, I would very much beg to differ.”

“No, I was going to suggest for us to share a horse. After all, it is late autumn; the wind can be very chilly. What better way to spend the next few hours than rugged up in my cloak, my arms around you, our bodies in close contact…?” Glorfindel asked huskily, inching slowly over to Erestor with every word.

“That does sound wonderful. However, I would ask that you let me down before we reach the main city.”

“You do not want to be carried into the city on my horse, your back pressed tightly against my front, a dark vision for all to see. All the maidens shall indeed be jealous of you, and for more than one reason, I assure you,” Glorfindel teased with a knowing smile.

“No, I do not,” Erestor said firmly. “Now hand me your sack so I can attach it to Aura.” Glorfindel handed his small bag of belongings over and Erestor tied it to his horse.

Just as Erestor moved away, Glorfindel brought the end of a rope over. Erestor followed the line of the cord and saw it was tied to Glorfindel’s horse.

“She does not need to be led around by a leash!” Erestor exclaimed and undid the half-tied knot. “You know to follow us, don’t you girl?” Erestor asked his horse, rubbing her soft hair gently. She whinnied in response and stomped her foot. “We shall be travelling for about three hours, and then we shall arrive at a place far busier than our sleepy little town. Be sure to call out if you get hungry or tired, ok?” Erestor smiled as Aura snorted. “Good girl,” he said and gave her a sugar cube he pulled from his pocket.

Turning, he saw Glorfindel looking at him peculiarly. And behind the lord was his horse, with a rather jealous countenance.

“If you like, I have one for your horse too,” Erestor offered.

“He is a warhorse and does not get treats,” Glorfindel answered simply.

“Well that is not much of a life for him,” Erestor looked at the tall white stallion almost pityingly.

“Perhaps, but we really should be going. Would you like a lift?” Glorfindel offered.

“I am perfectly capable of getting up myself, thankyou,” Erestor responded and went around to the other side to mount the large horse. As he passed, he took out another sugar cube and quickly gave it to the deprived horse, which gobbled it up before his master knew what was happening.

Erestor jumped onto the steed and felt Glorfindel leap on behind him moments later. Glorfindel wasted no time wrapping his arms around the lithe elf and began their journey home.

For most of the day, Glorfindel told Erestor of his parents, how best to approach them, what topics to avoid, how much they would love him, their favourite foods, wine, activities and stories of embarrassing moments involving them.

“Do not worry; my parents are very open and generous people. You have nothing to fear from them,” Glorfindel tried to put Erestor’s mind at ease.

“I know, after all, Lord Finlay has been kind enough to give my father an allowance every month since I was born. I wonder if he remembers…”

“Oh? Why does he give your father an allowance?”

“My mother… She was a maid in your father’s household. They moved to the country a few months before I was due to be born. She passed away while giving birth to me. Lord Finlay has given my father money to help raise me. He even personally chose and paid for my nanny. I guess he liked my mother,” Erestor shrugged. He leaned back and snuggled into Glorfindel, who wrapped his arms tighter around the small elf.

“I did not know my father does that. She must have been a wonderful lady,” Glorfindel rubbed Erestor’s face gently with the back of his knuckles.

“My father always speaks of her fondly…”

Their endless talk had eased Erestor’s nervousness somewhat, but he was still unsure of Glorfindel’s parents’ reaction to their son choosing another male for his spouse, and a peasant at that. Not that that was unacceptable in Gondolin society, but only once before had a Lord married another man. Erestor was a well educated peasant, but still a peasant.

~*~

Erestor, now on his own horse, gulped as he and Glorfindel passed the first house leading into the heart of Gondolin. Glorfindel led them down many streets, people rushing to get out of their lord’s way and eventually to the stables of the Golden Flower to put their horses in the stalls.

“Are you sure I should not stay in an inn?” Erestor worried.

“Of course not! I shall make sure you have your own room, so there’s no need for you to fear me,” Glorfindel joked and poked Erestor’s stomach. Erestor leant over and covered his belly, laughing. “Come on,” Glorfindel took Erestor’s hand and led the dark haired elf into the palace.

“Welcome home, my lord,” A servant said, bowing, just inside the main door.

“Thankyou. Please advise my parents I have returned and make up a room for my companion,” he easily ordered.

“Of course. Though the lord and lady are currently in a meeting. I shall of course inform them once they emerge from the council room,” the servant bowed low.

“Good. Oh, and draw us a bath each,” Glorfindel commanded and walked away, ushering Erestor with him.

Erestor was led down white marble hallway after white marble hallway. All the golden sconces on the walls glistened, statues were polished to a high gleam and everything sparkled. Although the decorating was tasteful and expensive, it is also lacked life. Erestor reached out and held Glorfindel’s hand, wondering who would have done this, years ago when the lord was just a babe, learning how to walk down these very halls. Glorfindel looked at Erestor and smiled comfortingly. Erestor responded in kind. Glorfindel then began pointing out various objects and artworks, describing their importance and their materials down to the finest details.

Just as Erestor was beginning to feel completely lost in this labyrinth of bright stone, Glorfindel stopped before a large door and the dark wood had many tiny flowers carved into it. Glorfindel allowed Erestor a moment to look closely at the workmanship before he opened the door.

Beyond the door was a gigantic room with a tall ceiling. Erestor’s entire house could have fit in there three times over. He could not stop himself from gawking at the amount of space Glorfindel was allowed within the palace.

Glorfindel tugged on Erestor’s hand and urged the younger elf out of the entrance so he could close the door.

“This was actually originally four rooms. They were given to me on my majority. Bed chamber, entertaining area, study and private dining room. I was allowed to decorate anyway I wished, and so I had all the walls knocked down and here is the result,” Glorfindel swept a hand in front of him, urging Erestor to look around.

Erestor’s gaze was first drawn to the bed some eight metres away. It was a four-poster bed which almost reached the ceiling; the wood was also carved with flowers and curtains hung around the outside, a mixture of gold and white sheer veils flowing down the sides. More so, the height of the mattress from the floor was equal to almost Erestor’s height! And so, a small staircase allowed the occupant(s) easy access to the soft cocoon awaiting them at night. Judging from the length and width, Erestor guessed at least fifteen people could sleep comfortably on the bed and he gave Glorfindel a quick sly look.

Three metres from the foot of the bed, in the middle of the room were an arrangement of chairs and couches and floor cushions, all organised into a vague square shape with a large coffee table in the centre. It looked as though the area could comfortably seat twenty people, and Erestor wondered if Glorfindel had ever entertained that many people all at once.

Erestor released Glorfindel’s hand and moved away from the entrance to get a better view of the long wall just to his right. He gasped as he saw the entire wall was covered with bookshelves FILLED with books, and the occasional personal item. A ladder that almost reached the ceiling was connected to the very top shelf and on a track that allowed it to travel down to the very end of the wall and around the corner, where the adjoining wall also had approximately two metre’s worth of bookshelves covering it. Set into the bookshelves, almost level with the entertaining area on the wall closest to Erestor was a large fireplace with a soft grey stone mantle. Over in the corner, set into the wall was a desk. As Erestor moved closer, it seemed to him, to have been seldom, if ever, used for it bore none of the characteristic signs like ink stains on the wood or scrapings on the floor, although it had obviously been cleaned by servants in the time Glorfindel had been away.

Just behind the assortment of chairs, running perpendicular to the far wall was a large, long, golden coloured table. At least ten chairs sat around it, but Erestor cared not to count just then.

Finally looking to the last wall, opposite the wall full of dark, leather bound books, was a wall of glass. Erestor had never seen so big a window. Though in truth it was several windows with dividers through them, but he was still amazed by how bright a room could become. In the two corners of the windowed-wall, were large, dark purple velvet curtains.

Beyond the window was a balcony with a small round table and four chairs gathered around it. Flowers bloomed from pots and hanging baskets all around the patio area. Erestor dearly wanted to go outside to smell so many flowers all at once, but could not see a way out to it.

Glorfindel, seeing Erestor’s confusion walked up to the younger elf and hugged him from behind. “The windowpane on the far left is actually a door. To the right is a balcony, as you can see. And slightly over to the left is a little staircase which leads down into my own private garden. There is a reasonably sized storage shed built right under this floor where I keep all my weaponry and training tools. I often like to work out there in private. And this room,” Glorfindel turned to the left, bringing Erestor with him, so they were looking at a door next to the bed, “is the bathing chamber.”

Just at that moment, a knock came at Glorfindel’s door and he called for his visitor to enter.

“My lord,” the servant before entered and bowed. “I am here to inform your guest that his belongings have been taken to his room and that a bath is ready for him. Would you like me to show him the way?”

“Yes, and have a maid nearby his room at all times, lest he need something or directions. Which suite is he being housed in?” Glorfindel asked, releasing Erestor.

“The second guest room on the left in this wing, my lord.”

“Very good,” Glorfindel smiled, leaning in to whisper in Erestor’s ear. “Just two corridors away.”

Erestor smiled as well, relieved Glorfindel would be nearby.

Another knock came at the open door. Several maids held large buckets full of hot water. Glorfindel waved for them to come in.

“Have my parents finished with their meeting?” Glorfindel inquired.

“No, but it should not be too much longer,” the servant said.

Glorfindel turned to Erestor. “Once you have bathed, come back here for a light lunch. Afterwards, I shall introduce you to my parents, and our life together can begin,” he said softly, running his hand through the hair around Erestor’s head.

“I hope so,” Erestor whispered back and leant in for a kiss. Glorfindel did not disappoint and lowered his lips to Erestor’s for a slow, gentle, shallow kiss. Glorfindel did not wish to delay, so he tenderly pushed back on Erestor’s shoulders, ending their lip-lock.

“Go now, lest I ravage you senseless,” Glorfindel joked. Erestor half-laughed and turned to be led to his room by the manservant.

~*~

As soon as Erestor entered his room, which contained a bed wide enough to fit five elves on it, a small table and chair in a corner and a wardrobe, he took out his robes and hung them in the wardrobe. Thankfully, they had not creased as much as he thought they might have. Sighing in relief, he entered the bathing chamber for a warm, relaxing soak.

~*~

Erestor ate a second piece of fruit under duress. His stomach did not think food was what it needed considering all the knots his nervousness had created within it, but Glorfindel had insisted. His lunch had so far consisted of an apple, an orange and half a glass of water. Glorfindel was not happy with how little his beloved ate, but was willing to overlook it since Erestor had promised to eat more at dinner, once their meeting with Glorfindel’s parents was behind them.

Just as Erestor had finished his orange, the servant from before returned and informed them that Glorfindel’s parents had finished their meeting and were waiting for the new couple in a semi-formal meeting room.

“Oh dear… I was hoping for a more intimate setting than that. Perhaps they think you are a dignitary of your town. Oh well, it just means that we shall be in a private setting, with only one other, a servant, in the room and we shall have to be formal with them. So, I won’t be able to call them ‘mother,’ ‘father,’ or hug them hello, which may seem strange to you, but it is what the setting calls for. And do not speak until I have introduced you. And do not look at them either until you have been addressed, keep your eyes on the floor. Are you ready?” Glorfindel asked, concerned.

“I doubt I ever will be, but we cannot leave them waiting.” Erestor stood and brushed down his robe several times.

“Stop fussing. They are going to love you,” Glorfindel said and placed a chaste kiss on Erestor’s lips. He picked up two small parcels and walked to the door. “Let’s go.”

He grasped Erestor’s hand and began walking towards their destination, their future.


TBC





Hey everyone, hope you’re enjoying the story so far. More to come soon, so thanks for reading and I’ll see you all next week!

Luv Mawgy

P.S. Don’t forget- Glorestor closes soon!