RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. ???
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 4





Glorfindel knocked on the door and a firm; crisp “Enter” came from within the chamber. Glorfindel released Erestor’s hand and opened the door. He smiled at his parents, who were sitting on two small thrones near the far wall, and moved to the side so Erestor could enter, closing the door behind them. Motioning to Erestor, he indicated to two backless chairs set in the middle of the room, with almost a metre separating them.

“Welcome home, son, what news have you brought us?” Lord Finlay asked.

“All good, I assure you,” Glorfindel commented. “All the orcs in the region have been destroyed and the village is happy to accommodate soldiers from now on. And I have brought you presents, humble wares available from the markets.”

“We shall receive them,” Glorfindel’s father said. Glorfindel gave his packages to the servant, who stepped away from his usual position in the corner closest to Lord Finlay, and took them to his Lord and Lady, bowing as he handed them over. The two blondes opened their presents and appreciatively looked them over. Finlay looked at his wife, who nodded her said slightly. “We are grateful for these. Who is your guest?”

Glorfindel looked to Erestor and gave him a small, supportive smile.

“This is Erestor, the son of the only school teacher in the region,” Glorfindel explained. Although Lord Finlay did not move, except for his eyes, which now studied Erestor closely, it did appear as though he held himself differently.

“Erestor… I knew your mother, she was a good lady,” he smiled kindly.

“Thankyou, my lord,” Erestor bowed his head lower, then lifted his eyes to look at the couple before him.

“I believe a report I asked for on the political procedures of smaller towns has been given to you to complete, correct?”

“Yes, my lord,” Erestor replied.

“I confess, I had not expected it to be completed for another three months, but if you believe you have finished, by all means, recount your findings.”

“Uhh,” Erestor fumbled, not sure how to respond and looked to Glorfindel for help.

“Erestor has not completed his research yet, that is one of the reasons he has come to the centre of Gondolin, so he may make use of our grand library,” Glorfindel interjected.

“But neither will it be long before I have finished my composition,” Erestor added.

“Very well. You may use our facilities as much as you need. What other reasons have you for journeying this far from home?” Finlay asked.

Again, Erestor hesitated to answer, and looked to Glorfindel for guidance.

“If I may be so bold to suggest, perhaps that is a conversation better left for another time? Maybe over dinner tonight?” Glorfindel swallowed, darting his eyes occasionally to his parents.

“Leave us,” Finlay said to the servant. The attendant bowed and left the room. Once the door had been closed, Finlay raised an eyebrow, urging Glorfindel to continue.

“Mother, father, I know my past romances have been many and fleeting, often causing you much embarrassment, for which I whole-heartedly apologise. Many times have you both addressed me, telling me of all I am missing and all I could have if I would just stay true to one person, then I could experience the full, loving life you both have shared these past centuries. And I am delighted to tell you,” he held out his hand for Erestor, whom eagerly grasped it, “that I have finally found the other half of my soul and cannot wait until we are bound,” he said the last part, looking straight into Erestor’s eyes. His heart sang as all the love he felt was being reflected in those dark eyes, and a nervous, but oh-so very happy, smile flitted about the beautiful, kissable lips.

Glorfindel’s mother, Lady Loriel, moved of her own volition. A bright, wide smile lit up her already beautiful face and she rose from her chair, and ran to her only child, wrapping him in her arms, giving him a big, warm, approving hug.

“I am so happy for you,” she whispered in a now standing Glorfindel’s ear.

“Thankyou, mother,” Glorfindel beamed. She released her son and turned to Erestor. The dark elf floundered, not sure how to approach her, and warily stood up.

Finlay remained in his chair, his skin had gone cold and he felt so numb he could not react.

“I may not know you, but obviously you are a person of great character to have won my son’s affections for longer than one night,” she said and hugged Erestor just as she had Glorfindel. “Welcome to the family.”

“NO!” Finlay boomed, standing upon hearing his wife’s words.

The three overjoyed elves turned to look at the lord in shock.

“No, I forbid this union!”

“Why?” Loriel asked. “We have been dreaming of this day for so long.”

“Yes, but… Erestor is male!” he said, hoping he was not as red as he felt.

“Father! Such thoughts are beneath you! Elves have been taking lovers of the same sex for centuries! You and mother have no plans to step down from being Lord and Lady for at least another two hundred years! If it is an heir you are worried about, do not be. There are other ways of procuring and securing our line. With so many wars, thankfully none at our door, there are always many parentless children wanting to be adopted…” Glorfindel tried.

“He is also a peasant! Have we taught you nothing about acceptable choices?” Out of the corner of Glorfindel’s eye, he saw Erestor step back, retreating physically and mentally into himself.

“The circumstances of his birth are meaningless. I LOVE him! That is all that matters!” Glorfindel said, stepping over to Erestor and bundled the overwhelmed elf up in his arms. “And we are going to be together forever whether you approve or not!”

Before Finlay could retort, Glorfindel ushered Erestor out of the room and tried to soothe his love all the way back to his bedroom.

Loriel rounded on her husband with a cold glare.

“Why do you deny them? In all our talks and past discussions you have often said that you do not mind who he marries, as long as he is happy and willing to remain faithful! I do not understand!”

“I know…” is all Finlay said and he lowered himself back into his chair, resting heavily on the armrest as he did so.

“Are you going to explain it to me?” she demanded.

Finlay made no move to reply, instead leaned over to the side and covered his eyes with his hand.

“Fine. If you decide to share with us what is going on, I shall be with our son and his fiance!” she near shouted and stormed out of the room.

“They cannot marry…” he whispered to the empty room, his mind reeling with all that was going on.

~*~*~

Erestor began sniffling and trembling within Glorfindel’s arms the moment they stepped inside the blonde’s room. Despite his best efforts to look decent and speak as politely as he could, Lord Finlay had dismissed him, just as Erestor had feared all along. Glorfindel led Erestor to a couch and sat him down, holding Erestor tight, the dark head tucked under his chin.

“I am sorry… I thought they would have been so happy that I had finally found someone that they would have accepted you unconditionally,” Glorfindel apologised, pressing a kiss to Erestor’s forehead.

“No, ‘tis not your fault. I should not be marrying above my station. My mother used to work here, how could I ever have the respect of your household, they would consider me an upstart, giving orders and putting on fancy airs.”

“It is not in your nature to order, Erestor, you would just ask nicely,” Glorfindel lamely joked.

Erestor pulled back and looked at his love fiercely. Glorfindel gave him a goofy smile.

“Do not fear, mother is very taken with you and father shall come around. He will have no choice, for I am not giving you up now,” Glorfindel squeezed Erestor firmly.

“Family is important. You should not force his hand if he is unwilling, it could create an irreversible rift. I do not mind if you choose them over me,” Erestor yielded.

“There will be no more such talk!” Glorfindel spoke sternly. “I do not plan to choose between the people I love. I want all of you in my life and I shall have that no matter what, whether it is today or in a hundred year’s time, father will accept you. Of that I have no doubt.”

“As do I,” Lady Loriel agreed as she came into the room. The lovers looked over their shoulders to watch her walk over to them. She picked up a chair and moved it to just in front of them and sat down. “I do not know why my husband has reacted so violently to this, NEVER before have I seen him so angry unless it was truly warranted. This was meant to be a happy day, a joyous announcement and a memorable moment in all our lives; he should not have sullied it so. I am happy to welcome you into this family and Glorfindel obviously loves you. Love is for the young…do whatever makes you happy, regardless of the consequences to others. They matter not in the end, and there is no force as powerful as love.”

“Or as destructive,” Erestor croaked.

“Do not fret, all will be well,” Loriel assured, cupping Erestor’s cheek. Glorfindel rubbed his hand comfortingly along Erestor’s arm and kissed the dark tresses. “Why do you not tell me about yourself?” The lady sat back and made herself comfortable. “You are, 125 now? Why have you not bonded before now?”

“Actually, I am 128 and I have never bonded as I have never been with my soul mate until now,” Erestor looked to Glorfindel and smiled contently, leaning in to place a chaste kiss on the golden one’s lips. Glorfindel kissed him back and tightened his hold around the slim elf. Loriel watched the young lovers and smiled with approval, her kind and generous spirit rejoicing in the fact her son had finally found happiness.


~*~*~*~


“When you serve their dinner tonight, pour this into their drinks. It is a sleeping potion, nothing that will harm them. That is all I wish for you to do,” Lord Finlay whispered to the servant and handed over a phial of clear, green-tinged liquid.

“What is this?” Loriel asked, slamming the door behind her.

“Nothing for you to be concerned about,” Finlay said, hiding the vial behind his back.

“Really? Because it sounds as though you are commanding for your own son to be drugged! Leave us,” she waved to the servant and marched over to her husband. Finlay breathed out loud, frustrated at being caught. Loriel wrestled the glass container out of her husband’s hands and smashed it in the fireplace. “Are you that upset about Erestor’s parentage? I thought you liked his mother!”

“I do. I did. But the father worries me,” he sighed and turned his back on his wife, leaning heavily on a nearby desk.

“His father? His father is a well-educated, dedicated school teacher! How can that worry you so?”

“You do not understand.”

“Then explain it to me!” Loriel begged, putting a hand on Finlay’s shoulder.

“I cannot,” he shrugged off her gentle touch.

“Why?”

“Leave me.”

“Excuse me?”

“I told you to leave me be!” Finlay near shouted, banging his hands on the desk.

Loriel jumped back, concerned for her husband’s sanity more than her own safety.

“I will go, but I shall return shortly and we shall talk about this until I am satisfied with your answer,” Loriel said slowly and walked to the door. “Oh, and if you think that you can order me from my own rooms ever again, then you are sorely mistaken!”

Once outside, Loriel all but ran to her son’s room, concerned for his and Erestor’s well being. Not that she thought her husband would harm them permanently in any way, but a friendly warning couldn’t hurt. She knocked on her son’s door, not wanting to barge in on her son and his lover in case they were locked in the throes of passion.

A moment later, a fully clothed Glorfindel opened the door and held his finger to his lips.

“Erestor is sleeping,” he informed and slipped past his mother so they could speak in the hallway.

“I hope he finds some rest in his dreams, for he will have none when he wakes,” Loriel said mysteriously.

“What do you speak of? Has father-?”

“I just caught him asking a servant to put a sleeping potion in your drinks. The phial has been destroyed but he can get more or he may change his plan completely. I have never seen him react so strongly against another. Though I do not think it is Erestor himself your father rejects, rather Erestor’s father. I asked him why, but he would not tell me. If only he told us, perhaps we could understand the reason behind his seemingly harsh judgement. I know my husband and that creature in our rooms is not him!” Loriel sobbed and tears began falling down her face. Glorfindel felt for his mother, likewise not knowing why his father was acting like this, and reached out for Loriel, wrapping his arms around her shaking form.

“Do not cry, he will tell us in his own time,” he comforted. “Be careful around him until then.”

“What of you? I am not the one he was going to put to sleep,” she said, weeping, pulling away slightly.

Glorfindel sighed, trying to work that out himself. “I do not know…maybe when Erestor wakes, I shall ask- No! No!” Glorfindel said with a bright smile and began jumping on the spot. “No! Perhaps father does not believe I truly love Erestor, which is why he objects so severely, after all I have known him only a week! Perhaps if we were to bind this very night, before father can plan anything else for us, then he will have no choice but to accept our decision!”

Loriel looked at her son, a condescending look on her face. “Bind? Tonight? Are you sure that is wise? Your father is not one that can accept being forced into a corner.”

“I know, but what other way may we prove our feelings to him? Might I at least have your support?” Glorfindel asked, his eyes beseeching his mother.

Loriel continued looking at her son, unimpressed, but with those bright eyes piercing her soul, she rolled her eyes and relented. “Of course you can!” she said happily and hugged her son again. “But only if you are sure?”

“Unlike I ever have been before,” Glorfindel admitted happily.

“Then you have my blessing. Is there anything I can do?” she offered.

“Yes, could you please stay with Erestor while I go make preparations? I would hate for him to wake up alone.”

“Of course. If you need any other help or ideas, you know where to find me!” she said, then disappeared into her son’s room.

Glorfindel could not stop smiling, now that he had made up his mind. Despite knowing his mother would keep Erestor occupied if he did wake, Glorfindel ran in the direction of the kitchen. Nothing would stop him from fulfilling his heart’s desire tonight.


TBC






AN: Sorry it’s late! I misplaced this chapter- luckily mum had a copy on her computer! WHEW!

Anyway, the next chapter shall be up in a week’s time, on schedule, do not worry. Hope you enjoyed this one. Thanks for reading,

Mawgy