RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Title: Blood Bond
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha
Rated: PG for this chapter. NC-17 overall.
Genre: Ansgt
Warnings: Male/Male relationship. Incest
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Erestor and Glorfindel discover that a short engagement may be romantic, but can lead to bigger problems.
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. :D




Chapter 7



Glorfindel woke with a start, grasping his chest as his heart exploded with pain. He gasped as the jagged sensations ripped through his entire body without mercy, his blankets sticking to him as he broke out in a heavy sweat. He tried calling out for help, but no sound came, his throat dry and closed up.

With an agonising slowness he crawled across his bed, pain shooting through his frame with every tiny movement. Reaching the edge of his mattress he tried to slide down the stairs but instead fell headfirst landing with a heavy thud, the blow knocking him out.

A guard standing outside rushed in upon hearing the strange thud, surveying the situation. His lord was lying naked on the floor, his blankets draping over the side of the bed. Seeing no sign of another, he quickly checked his lord’s pulse and upon finding it quickly left to call for aid from the healers.

~*~*~*~*~

Glorfindel woke in the infirmary and groaned, his head throbbing.

“Good morning, my Lord,” the head healer said with a bow. “Last night you were found passed out upon your floor. I imagine you have quite a headache right now, for which I have made a brew.” The healer picked up a glass of steaming brown liquid and handed it to Glorfindel.

“How long have I been unconscious?” Glorfindel asked, almost wheezing.

“Almost ten hours. The reason you passed out is quite obvious,” the healer indicated with his eyes to the bandage around Glorfindel’s head, “however, we cannot determine anything else wrong with you. Did anything happen last night that may account for your fall?”

Glorfindel hesitated for a moment but shook his head.

“Did your food taste odd last night?”

Again, Glorfindel remained silent and answered with head movements.

“Then the only possible reason left could be due to stress. I understand your transition into Lord of this House was not under the best circumstances. Unfortunately, you have not been awarded the appropriate amount of time to mourn your loss. I therefore order you to rest for the next three months, and shall consult with your advisors to see that your duties are delegated to others. Drink your tea and I shall be back soon to check on you,” the healer said and gave Glorfindel’s leg a small, comforting pat.

Glorfindel sat back in his pillows and brought the cup to his mouth, but slowly lowered it again. At the very least, the pain in his head took the edge off the agony his heart currently felt.

For the first time in two months, Glorfindel was truly alone. He was the only one in the room. No thoughts occupied his head other than his own. And no heartbeat could be felt pulsing next to his own.

Fumbling, Glorfindel hastily put the cup on a nearby stand, uncaring as it fell, the liquid pouring over the tabletop and onto the floor. He just curled onto his side and grasped onto his pillow for dear life as tears flowed down his cheeks.

~*~*~*~*~

Erestor leaned back against his bed head, his eyes were blood-shot as tears of pain and regret ran heedlessly down his cheeks, his knuckles white as he gripped a pillow to his chest.

“Erestor?” Earane said gently, opening his son’s door slowly but Erestor did not respond to the other’s presence. He continued staring at nothing, not blinking, not moving, barely breathing. Earane walked to the bed and sat down. Reaching out, Earane brushed a few locks of hair out of Erestor’s face and was surprised by how cold his skin was.

“Ada?” Erestor said, as though in a trance.

“Yes, it is I,” Earane softly replied and moved his head into Erestor line of vision. Erestor still did not react. The edges of Earane’s mouth trembled as he looked over his son’s appearance. His son had barely slept a wink during the two months since he returned from the main city. Erestor had talked about what had occurred in Gondolin, but there was no doubt in Earane’s mind that he had not heard the full story.

With each passing day, the father despaired as his naturally slim son lost weight and refused to eat any more than a few mouthfuls of food a day. His once bright eyes now lacked their shine and even his hair’s lustre was now missing.

Heartbreakingly slowly, Erestor’s eyes came back to the present and moved to his father’s countenance, eventually looking desperately at Earane.

“Why does it hurt so much?” Erestor whispered, the constant stream coming from his eyes now pouring.

“Why does what hurt, my beloved son?” Earane asked.

Erestor said nothing, his eyes slowly glazing over again.

“No, Erestor, stay with me! What hurts?” Earane asked, shaking his son’s shoulders.

“I have made my choice, and now I must live with it,” Erestor whimpered, his eyes now looking beyond any matter in the room. Those dark eyes, that could pierce a person’s soul, now saw straight through his own father’s head.

As Erestor’s vegetative state took over once more, his arms relaxed and the pillow came to rest upon his lap. Earane gasped upon seeing the white cotton was now drenched in blood. His son’s robe was ripped and upon Erestor’s chest were several deep gouges, made by his own hand, where he tried to rip out his own heart.

The wounds were deep and even now fresh blood dribbled down the pale skin.

“What have you done?” Earane gasped softly, looking at Erestor despairingly.



TBC










Sorry it’s late, but since it’s my b’day, I refuse to let you be angry with me, for both the lateness and the content of the chapter. So, no flaming, kay?

Thanks for reading.

Mawgy