RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

When she came to, she was inside some sort of room. Her head was swimming and she was having trouble focusing. The floor seemed to be Old World fancy tile of some sort and the walls were lined with bookcases full of antique books. She was lying on the floor, so whoever brought her here must not be very civilized. Surely they would see she needed help and have put her on a bed or a sofa? There were several sets of double doors between the bookcases and in the middle of the room was a pedestal with one of those electric globes that had static electricity, that followed your fingers when you touched them.

She could hear voices and looked toward the direction they had come from. In walked an old man with the longest beard she had ever seen. Behind him was a guy with stringy black hair. They were both dressed weird. They looked like something right out of the Middle Ages.

‘Right ‘’ she thought to herself,’ ‘I AM hallucinating’

The old one started talking to her, but she couldn’t understand a thing he said.

"Sorry buddy, I don’t speak your language." He didn’t seem to be easy to convince as he kept rattling on in his own language. He obviously wanted an answer of some sort.

" Me." " She pointed at herself,.

"No Speak." She shook her head and pointed at her lips while pretending to say something.,

" You." She pointed at him,. "

"Language." She opened and closed her hand in what she hoped was a universal sign for talking. She then put her hand to her ear and shrugged with what she hoped was a clueless face.

She then tried what few words she knew in European languages.

" Sprekensie duetch?" Got a clueless facial response.

"Um...Parles vous France?" Same reaction.

" Hablas Espanole?" Nothing

" Damn it, don’t most Europeans speak English as a second language? What is wrong with you? Me need water."

She pointed to herself and pretended to drink out of an imaginary glass. Stringy Hair just stared at her with a grin on his face that made her feel uncomfortable, like he was undressing her with his eyes. Old beardy was not so amused. He backhanded her and started yelling something. Then Stringy Hair picked her up a little off the floor and the tone in his voice sounded like he was trying to talk her into cooperating while

shooting furtive glances at Old Beardy.

‘Oh man,’ she thought ’ ‘Either I am hallucinating or these weirdoes are some sort of smugglers or terrorists and I stumbled right into their hideout. What else could go wrong?’

"Sauruman, Sauruman!" ,cried a loud commanding voice from outside. "Sauruman come forth!"

She couldn’t understand what was being said, but whoever it was seemed to be in charge of these two and by the tone in his voice not very happy with them either.

‘Well good,’ ’she thought,’ ‘the old so and so deserves being locked up for hitting me’

"You tell them off good whoever you are" she mumbled.

Stringy Hair went to the window opened it and said something. ’So maybe Stringy Hair is called Sauruman?’

Whom ever was outside spoke some foreign language with stringy hair for a bit, then stringy hair came back in and said something to Old Beardy. Old Beardy looked real pissed at stringy hair and then went out to talk to the guy outside. She did not know what they were saying but Old Beardy’s tone was that of someone whining with just cause after having been woken up by an idiot.

Both stringy hair and Old Beardy were occupied by outside man and Anna thought

‘whoever is out there, they sure are pissed at these two, so maybe while they have their backs turned I can get outside and get this guy to help me?’ Things could not possibly get worse.

So carefully keeping one eye on Stringy and Beardy she backed toward the door praying it would not creak and give her away. The door clicked as she turned the knob. She glanced back to see if they had noticed, but they were all wound up with their discussion outside and had seemingly forgotten about her. She found the staircase right across from the door and hurried down it as fast as her condition would allow her. There were windows spaced along the outside wall going down the stairs so she could tell she was getting closer to the ground floor.

‘’Oh please don’t leave before I get out. Please!’ She mentally begged. ’

"Do not trouble yourself, little one. They will wait.’" She heard a voice and was so startled she almost missed the next step and stumbled down the stairs.

Catching herself wrenched her arm painfully and her lip was swollen and throbbing where beardy had hit her. Her head pounded too and she was so scared she thought she might wet her pants. Her head hummed and she could feel herself going into shock.

"Oh god, please don’t let me pass out before I reach them."’ She could see light coming out from around the cracks in a doorway at the bottom of the stairs. Then she reached the bottom few steps and realized they were under water.

"Oh great," she groaned. " well, in for a penny, in for a pound".

She said to herself as she pushed her way out of the last door. Then she was outside and still moving as fast as her feet could carry her when she felt fly past her head and heard something crash behind her.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading and please review. Your reviews keep me writing.