Chains Unseen by Mawgy
Summary: Strict societal rules constrain everyone. How do two betrothed youths deal with the expectations placed upon them?
Categories: Erestor's Library Characters: Erestor, Glorfindel
Beta Reader: None
Challenge: Written For...: None
Genre: Angst, Drama
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Posted at...: Erestor Lovers
Timeline: 2 - First Age, 4 - Third Age
Warnings: Death, Nudity, Sexual Situations, Slash
Challenges:
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No Word count: 18591 Read: 40165 Published: September 22, 2007 Updated: December 13, 2007

1. Chapter 1 by Mawgy

2. Chapter 2 by Mawgy

3. Chapter 3 by Mawgy

4. Chapter 4 by Mawgy

5. Chapter 5 by Mawgy

Chapter 1 by Mawgy
Title: Chains Unseen
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha (Thanks!) Mum & Boney
Dedicated to my lovely fans
Rated: NC-17
Genre: Angst, AU
Warnings: Sex, Virgins (eventual MPREG)
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Strict societal rules constrain everyone. How do two betrothed youths deal with the expectations placed upon them?
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)



Chapter 1



“I, Glorfindel, heir to the House of the Golden Flower, do take for my spouse Erestor, son of Earane, to honour and behold for all eternity.”

King Turgon then turned to Erestor and nodded at the young one’s look of questioning.

“I, Erestor, son of Earane, do give myself to Glorfindel, heir to the throne of the House of the Golden Flower, to obey and follow for all eternity.”

“As speaker for the Valar I do give my blessing to this union and wish the married couple many years of happiness. You may now kiss the- you may now kiss,” Turgon corrected himself.

Glorfindel and Erestor looked at one another for a moment and embarrassedly looked away quickly. At the King’s sharp cough and people’s looks of expectancy, their eyes strayed to each other’s once more. Erestor licked his lips then dropped his gaze. Glorfindel however, leaned down slowly and gave a quick kiss to a soft cheek.

King Turgon narrowed his eyes but let it go.

“Let it be known that from this day hence, Glorfindel and Erestor are bound to each other for all time.”

The small crowd stood from their seats and cheered the couple as they turned to walk down the aisle. Both made to move but stopped to allow the other go first. They stammered physically for a while deciding who should preceed. Glorfindel eventually stayed back and waved his hand ahead for Erestor to go first.

Nodding his head shyly, Erestor walked ahead as Glorfindel followed a step behind. Erestor wore the traditional bridal colour of white, though clothed in a robe rather than a dress. But it was decorated much the same. Beads and ribbons were sewn into the fabric and he wore clip-on earrings with similar coloured stones dangling from his ears. His dark, long waist-length hair was bound loosely around his head with various loops and complex braids all over the place. And despite the rough look of the design, he looked no less elegant or beautiful than he did any other day. Though he wore no veil, both he and his parents deciding that would be too much for a young man on his wedding day to endure.

Glorfindel wore the traditional male garb of a black robe, heavily embroidered, and his hair left unbound.

Erestor halted before the closed doors of the temple and waited for Glorfindel to stand next to him. Glorfindel held out his hand at a little above waist height and waited for Erestor to place his hand on top, the tips of the slender fingers tentatively curling around his hand as it came to rest. Together, almost in unison, they took a large steadying breath before the doors were opened.

Sunlight poured in as the double doors were pulled open and the citizens of Gondolin looked upon the newly bonded couple for the first time. A moment passed, the crowd taking in the young Lords before bursting into cheer.

Glorfindel and Erestor both kept a calm countenance, though their hearts were drumming within their chest, and they began exiting the building at a regal pace. At the top of the stairs they came to a halt and regarded the people silently. King Turgon, Glorfindel’s mother and Erestor’s parents left the confines of the temple also and stood behind the couple, giving their silent support for the bond.

The crowd continued to cheer though none at the top of the steps did anything to encourage their reaction. The overbearing and almost forced sound of laughter and applause continued for some minutes yet, all forgetting in the heat of the moment what tragedy had occurred some ten days ago. Even as a horse drawn carriage pulled up at the bottom of the stairs and the newly wedded couple descended slowly, the assembled mass continued applauding. Their parents ushered them into the carriage and it soon pulled away, taking them to the King’s banquet hall for their reception. And though it was customary for the pair to wave from the windows in thanks, neither opened the curtains that acted like barriers between them and the rest of the world.

They sat stiffly on seats facing each other, both looking everywhere but at their husband.

Erestor’s parents nodded at Glorfindel’s mother, all thankful the ceremony had gone so smoothly and hoped their children would find some semblance of happiness in their agreement made forty odd years ago.

~*~*~*~*~

Erestor sat at the end of the massive bed and looked around the room he and Glorfindel would share for their honeymoon while their chambers were still being prepared. They were far more elegant and luxurious than anything he had ever dreamed and believed he would have trouble growing accustomed to them.

The sound of water drifted from the bathroom and Glorfindel exited not so long after. Again neither said anything and looked away from the other. With slow, careful movements the young Lord edged towards Erestor and sat down next to the slightly younger elf, though there was still a foot of space between them.

“So, uhhh… how would you like to, er, do this?” Glorfindel bravely broke the silence first.

“Whichever way pleases you, my Lord,” Erestor responded tactfully.

“Do not worry about the ‘my Lord’, I do not hold that title yet. The coronation is not until next week,” Glorfindel said. “Not that that matters!” he added quickly. “I mean, you are now my husband… an equal. There is no need for you to call me ‘my Lord’.”

“As you wish,” Erestor said simply.

Silence fell between them once more. Erestor remained rigid, his back straight, his hands placed delicately in his lap and his face carefully blank.

Glorfindel however was less skilled at hiding his nervousness and his hands fiddled with the ends of his sleeves and his legs jiggled.

“What would you like to do now?” Glorfindel asked.

“Whatever you wish.”

“Well… we have to, ah, that is, we should… consummate the marriage,” the blonde stammered.

“How would you like to do it?” Erestor asked.

“Maybe we should just lie down first.”

“Very well.” Erestor shuffled backwards on the bed until he lay down with his head on the pillows. Glorfindel stood from the bed and walked around to the side then lay down on his side, a metre now separating him from his spouse.

“This is nice,” he said to Erestor, though he didn’t expect a response.

“It is a comfortable bed indeed,” Erestor replied anyway.

“I will like falling asleep here, I think.”

Erestor remained silent to that.

“Would you like me to blow out the candles?” Glorfindel offered.

“Not unless you wish to do so.”

“I will leave them on then.”

“Should we perhaps undress ourselves?” Erestor asked, hoping to help ease the tension.

Glorfindel’s eyes widened at his mate’s boldness and was perhaps a little too hasty in his response. “No!… That is, I think we should take this a little slower, do you not?”

“As you wish,” Erestor responded.

Silence fell again.

Growing tired of getting nowhere, Glorfindel began shuffling over towards Erestor and halted again when he was a foot away.

“What if I were to kiss you? What would you do?” the blonde whispered.

“I would do nothing. I would let you,” Erestor said, just as softly.

Nodding his head a little, Glorfindel waited approximately thirty seconds before rolling onto his side and looked down upon his husband. Erestor felt the mattress shift as Glorfindel re-positioned himself. Erestor remained still, his face carefully blank and his hands calmly resting over his stomach. The only part of him that moved were his eyes which scanned Glorfindel’s face, taking in his husband fully for the first time.

“You are lovely,” Glorfindel said softly, a tone of awe in his voice.

“Thankyou,” Erestor said under his breath, Glorfindel barely hearing it. “You are handsome also.”

A small smile ghosted over Glorfindel’s face for a second before becoming serious once more. Ever so slowly, the blonde reached a hand out, gently cupping Erestor’s cheek. Taking a deep breath to steel his resolve, Glorfindel then bent his head down, careful to keep his body off Erestor’s and puckered his lips in preparation for their first proper kiss. Following the blonde’s lead, Erestor also squeezed his lips together in anticipation and waited for Glorfindel’s descent to end. Their eyes remained open and locked on the other’s as their lips met.

Nothing happened.

Neither moved.

Nor looked away.

Or breathed.

They just remained like that.

Their lips pressed together, their eyes looking into the other’s, their bodies not touching and nothing more. Locked in time for some minutes until the awkwardness grew unbearable.

Pulling back, Glorfindel blushed deeply and looked away.

“That was not as romantic as I imagined in my mind…” he mumbled.

Erestor gave a half-hearted pitying smile. “Have you ever been with anyone?” he asked as simply yet delicately as he could.

Glorfindel’s head snapped up and he glared almost warningly at Erestor. “No! Why? Have you?” he growled.

“Nay, of course not,” the dark elf responded quickly and genuinely. “I just… I was told to let you take the lead during the honeymoon. However, it is I that have been brought up to please you… maybe I should…?” Erestor left the comment hanging, hoping Glorfindel would get the gist.

Glorfindel looked confused for a moment before realisation hit. “As fun as that sounds, protocol does call for the male… though, in this case I guess the more dominant- No! Aaaah, I mean, the one with more power. Status wise, that is. Anyway, if it is I you have been advised should lead us, then I think that perhaps we should just leave it as that. I will let you share control another time.”

Erestor said nothing nor reacted physically except in the slight nod of his head.

Glorfindel matched Erestor’s nod. Leaning down again, he kissed Erestor in much the same way as before, though this time his body rolled the rest of the way over until he was mostly on top of his husband, though he was careful not to squish the slighter elf with his heavier bulk. Erestor’s arms moved to lie flat on the bed beside him. Glorfindel’s left hand moved to Erestor’s cheek once more and gently stroked the soft skin with the back of his fingers. His other arm remained on the bed, keeping him steady and holding some of his weight off his new spouse.

Unsure of what else to do, Glorfindel conjured to mind all intimate dealings he had witnessed in his time and vaguely recalled mouths being open, and tongues darting between them. Trying the same, Glorfindel relaxed his lips and let his tongue dart forth and tried to gain access to Erestor’s mouth. Erestor easily gave way under Glorfindel’s wish and allowed the lord’s tongue entrance into his hot, moist mouth. Tentatively, Glorfindel’s pink muscle slid forwards and brushed up against Erestor’s. Quickly, the lord pulled back with a disgusted look on his face.

“Ewww,” he said and placed a hand over his mouth. “People actually like this?”

“I did not find the experience that unappealing,” Erestor answered honestly. “Perhaps it is an activity that requires some getting used to?”

“Maybe… Very well, we shall try again,” Glorfindel reluctantly agreed and lowered his head again. Leaning in close, he touched his lips to Erestor’s and released his tongue from the confines of his mouth. Erestor welcomed the intrusion and met it with a soft touch, gently sliding his own slick tongue against Glorfindel’s.

“Mmmm,” Glorfindel moaned gently and pulled back. “Perhaps you are right, it is not so bad,” he smiled lazily and moved in for another kiss.

Erestor had kept still until now, allowing Glorfindel to do as he pleased, but now felt the time was right to join in more. Lifting his arms, one came to gently cup the back of Glorfindel’s head and stroked the golden hair covering it. The other rested on the small of the lord’s back and rubbed against the fine fabric of his robe.

Glorfindel moaned again and ground his hips into Erestor on instinct. Erestor grunted under the weight pressing down on him, but was pleased his new husband found him attractive enough to be sporting the rather sizeable erection he could feel grinding into him. Erestor hummed pleasantly and tightened his hold around Glorfindel. Glorfindel, in kind, dug his hands beneath Erestor’s body and encircled the slim form within his muscular arms. The blonde elf continued rubbing himself against Erestor and after a few minutes reached down with one hand to grasp a slender leg and move it aside far enough for him to cradle himself within Erestor’s parted legs.

As their fervour grew, their kissing became more desperate and deeper. Tongues lashing and thrusting, sliding and massaging, until the need for air became unbearable and they finally separated. Erestor panted hard, his breath blowing against Glorfindel’s skin as the Lord bent to kiss along the younger elf’s jaw line to his ear. Erestor jumped as his delicate, sensitive ear tip was enclosed within Glorfindel’s steamy mouth and moaned with wild abandon when Glorfindel’s tongue lapped at it. His eyes shuttered close as his hands fisted in Glorfindel’s robe, bunching the fabric together as his mouth fell slack and indeterminable sounds came from within.

With these new stimuli, Erestor noticed a heat rising from his lower regions and quickly spreading. Gasping in surprise, he used his hold on Glorfindel to keep his top half steady while he began to rock his hips against his husband, delighting in the pleasure the friction caused.

Erestor’s throaty moans spurred Glorfindel’s lust. Erestor’s thrusts became harsher and his gratification was not far off. With quick movements, Glorfindel pulled Erestor up with him, until he sat on his legs, Erestor straddling his lap. Erestor looked at him dazedly for a moment, and then they began kissing roughly once more. Glorfindel grasped Erestor’s robe from around the younger elf’s waist and started pulling it up. Erestor lifted his legs from the bed; one at a time to allow the cloth to be tugged free, using Glorfindel’s shoulders for balance. Glorfindel pulled the material up to Erestor’s armpits and broke their kiss once more so he could drink in the sight of his new husband’s beautiful body. Grinning, he swooped down and deftly took a rosy pink nipple into his mouth, teasing it with his tongue.

“AAAH!” Erestor could not keep the surprised but delightful yelp inside.

“It seems you are very sensitive,” Glorfindel said, seemingly happily, Erestor’s robe mostly covering his head.

Erestor panted for a moment before words came to him. “I apologise… I shall keep my voice down, if that is- if that is what you want.”

“I do not recall saying it is a bad thing,” Glorfindel said between kisses as he made his way over to the other nipple. “You may do as you like, for now.” Erestor cried out again as Glorfindel latched himself onto the other teat. Erestor began rocking his hips into his husband once more. With every delicious movement, Erestor gasped in pleasure as his orgasm fast approached.

Erestor keenly felt a hand on his back slide down towards his buttocks and gently touched the pre-prepared entrance.

Glorfindel pulled back quizzically and looked to Erestor for answers. It took Erestor a moment to realise Glorfindel had stopped his ministrations and was now looking at him in question, a finger circling his slick entrance.

“It is… It is my duty… to be pre- prepared for you,” Erestor simply explained, his chest heaving from exsertion. Growing desperate, he shifted his hips subtly, hoping Glorfindel would start his caresses again. Glorfindel said nothing, but lowered his head and went back to the first nipple again, just as his finger breached Erestor’s puckered opening.

With Glorfindel sucking almost painfully on his teat, fingertips gently rubbing his ear tip, and another digit thrusting within him, Erestor rocked into Glorfindel harshly a few final times and came with a scream. Gripping Glorfindel’s shoulders tightly, Erestor rode out his orgasm, his body shaking with the power of it.

Just as he was coming down from his high, Glorfindel lay him down again, his robe still bunched up high around his chest. Glorfindel looked down at his own now-soiled wedding apparel. With swift movements, he pulled the clothing off and crawled on top of Erestor. Grasping one knee, Glorfindel spread Erestor wide and found the opening to his husband’s body with ease. He carefully placed his burgeoning erection at the entrance, and carefully began pushing inside.

Erestor, whom had been too out of it realise their change in position, now came back to reality as he discovered no amount of preparation would ever be enough to take in Glorfindel’s girth for the first time. Clamping a hand over his mouth, Erestor’s spine arched and twisted to the side, his other hand grasped the sheets and pulled them towards him, bundling them around his head.

Glorfindel was too far gone to notice his mate’s distress, only focussing on his own completion. As soon as he was buried to the hilt, Glorfindel immediately pulled out, then pushed in quickly, setting a murderous pace for his husband. With fast thrusts, it did not take long until Glorfindel’s orgasm also came. He grunted, once, twice, thrice, and then moaned, stilling his body while he was buried to the hilt.

From within the little nest Erestor had built for his face, Erestor groaned, Glorfindel’s hot, sweet nectar spurting deep within him.

Glorfindel was tired, physically, emotionally, and mentally. He was in mind enough to pull out, give a quick kiss to Erestor’s cheek, then rolled to the side and fell quickly into a deep sleep.

Erestor waited until the worst of the pain had abated before trying to move. Very late into the night he edged over to the side of the bed and took a few unstable steps, biting his lip to keep himself from crying out. He shuffled over to the closet and retrieved a blanket. He carefully placed it over his mate to keep away the night’s chill. Picking up the black robe from the floor, Erestor took his own clothing off as well and placed them in the basket in the bath room for the servants to take away for washing later. Next, he drew a shallow bath to remove the sweat and strain of the day just gone. Carefully cleaning his interior, he was thankful to find there had been no breaking of the skin, although it would not have taken much more to do so.

Drying himself thoroughly, Erestor then leant over the bathroom cabinet, preparing himself again, in case his husband wanted him in the morning as well. Carefully he coated his entrance and gently stretched himself, but the pain was still great and he stopped soon after. He was already much looser than he ever had been before, and hoped it would be enough.

Moving into the bedroom again, Erestor put on a pair of thin trousers and matching shirt. Wriggling under the blanket, Erestor lay beside Glorfindel but did not touch him, unsure of his husband’s wants. He cleared his mind of all thought and soon fell asleep.

TBC
Chapter 2 by Mawgy
Title: Chains Unseen
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha (Thanks!) Mum & Boney
Dedicated to my lovely fans
Rated: PG
Genre: Angst, AU
Warnings: talk about sex
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Strict societal rules constrain everyone. How do two betrothed youths deal with the expectations placed upon them? MPREG!
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)



Chapter 2


Glorfindel woke alone in the bed. Glancing around the room he saw no sign of Erestor but heard movement coming from outside the bedroom doors. Sitting up, the movement of the blanket falling to his lap caught his attention and a small smile crept onto his lips. Leaving the bed, Glorfindel grabbed a light, satin dressing gown from the cupboard and tied it loosely before leaving the room.

Grasping both handles on the double doors, Glorfindel flung them open without warning. Alarmed by the sudden movement, Erestor turned around and bowed to his husband.

“My Lord,” he greeted, “Your mother, Lady Gwendil, has seen fit to grace us with her presence this morning,” Erestor said and moved to the side, allowing Glorfindel view of his mother, whom was already seated at the table.

Glorfindel gave an embarrassed half smile, and walked around the table to greet his mother, tying his robe tighter as he went. “Good morning, mother,” he said, and leant down to kiss his mother’s cheek.

“I trust you slept well?” she asked in response, her eyes darting to Erestor for a moment.

“Quite,” Glorfindel replied. “And you Erestor, how do you fare this fine day?” the blonde asked, addressing his new husband for the first time that morning.

“I am fine, thank you. Would you like me to prepare you a plate?” Erestor offered, knowing the servants would not be present for the first few days of their honeymoon, save for cleaning and leaving food for them.

“Please,” Glorfindel accepted the offer.

Erestor nodded and moved to the sideboard, selecting a balanced breakfast of meat and fruit. Turning around, he saw Glorfindel sitting on the other side of the table to his mother and took the plate to him, placing it on the table soundlessly.

“I shall have the same,” Gwendil simply said, looking at her son’s breakfast. Erestor turned back to the buffet and chose much the same foods as he had done with Glorfindel.

“I hope it is to your liking, my Lady,” he said and placed the plate in front of her.

“It is to mine, though Glorfindel does not like grapes. A good spouse should know such things,” she stated and began eating.

“Oh, I do apologise, I can remove them if you wish,” Erestor offered, looking very apologetic indeed.

“No, it is fine. Actually, I do not mind them if they have been peeled,” Glorfindel countered, his eyes coming to stare warningly at his mother. She gazed right back and continued eating.

Noting the sudden rise in tension, Erestor sought to ease it. “If you like, I can peel them for you.”

“It is fine, why do you not eat instead?”

“Very well, but my offer still stands,” Erestor said, and chose his breakfast, consisting only of fruits and vegetables. Moving back to the table, Erestor placed himself on Glorfindel’s right. Before sitting down, he picked up a jug of water and filled everyone’s glass, starting with Glorfindel’s, then Lady Gwendil’s and lastly his own. Sitting down, he gracefully opened his serviette and placed it on his lap. Picking up his knife and fork, Erestor began slicing his food into impossible bite-sized pieces and ate his tiny morsels of food slowly, barely moving his jaw.

Lady Gwendil watched her son-in-law under a scrutinising gaze and inwardly tutted. Standing, she retrieved the platter of meat from the food laid out for them.

“Erestor, that breakfast can hardly do for someone in your position. Here, you must keep up your strength for the babe,” she said, sweetly, holding out the dish.

Glorfindel spluttered and nearly choked on his food. Erestor looked at Glorfindel and rubbed his back a little as the lord sought to gain control once more. Picking up a napkin, Erestor held it out for his husband before returning his gaze to Gwendil.

“Thank you for your concern my Lady,” he said appreciatively and took the meat from her and laid it beside him. Grasping the serving fork, he dug around the plate, looking for the tough, grisly slices, leaving the better portions for Glorfindel and his mother. An imperceptible smile in her eyes, Gwendil sat down again and continued with her own meal.

Glorfindel took a large swig of his drink and got himself under control.

“Is it not too early to think of such things?” he asked.

“What ‘things’ might that be, Glorfindel?” Erestor asked, when it seemed apparent Gwendil would give no answer.

“Babies. We were just married yesterday, a family should be a long way off yet,” he argued.

Lady Gwendil wiped her mouth and put the napkin down. “Your father is gone. You are now the last of his line. An heir is needed to ensure the survival of this family. The sooner one is announced, the better. Erestor is able to give birth, else your father and I would never have agreed to this pairing. It is best you put your husband’s ability to use, Glorfindel. Erestor was tested by the healers not three days ago and is already able to conceive. I trust you consummated the marriage last night?” she asked bluntly.

“I refuse to have this conversation with you, mother,” Glorfindel said and took a sip of water.

Gwendil turned to Erestor, whom had been trying to avoid being brought into the conversation. Erestor’s eyes were dragged up from the sight of his plate and to Gwendil’s face not of his will. She arched an eyebrow and he reluctantly answered, “We did, my Lady,” and continued looking at her, avoiding the steely gaze now directed at him from Glorfindel.

“Excellent. Later today, Erestor shall be examined once more and you may continue trying tonight. I shall personally see to it that only the finest Healers are involved with the well-being of my grandson.”

“Or grand-daughter,” Glorfindel said dryly.

“Nonsense, there is no need for a daughter until at least one son has been born. No, give me a boy first and then you can have a daughter.”

“You speak as if there is a choice in the matter,” Glorfindel challenged.

“There is. Your father and I wanted a son, that is what I prayed, hoped and thought only of during my pregnancy, and low and behold, you came out. I am sure if Erestor works twice as hard, a boy it shall be,” she said confidently.

“I thought you and father wanted more children after me. Where are they?”

“He did, and though I also said I wished for it too, my heart was not truly in it, and so I did not become with child. In that aspect, I have failed as a wife, and I regret my selfishness every day. Still, there is no reason for Erestor to not want your child, Glorfindel.”

“I am sure there will be some part of Erestor in *our* child too,” Glorfindel spoke lowly.

“True. Provided he has blonde hair, blue eyes, the build of a warrior, and a mind as sharp as mine, nothing else matters. Oh, and of course he cannot have the gift to bear children. That could lead to problems later. Do not pass on your ability, Erestor.”

“Of course not, my Lady. I would not wish to disappoint you,” Erestor bowed his head in compliance.

“Good, though I would think, if by some miracle you are already with child you are not putting enough energy into making this child everything it can be. After you have finished eating, go rest a while and consider your options very carefully,” she ordered and continued eating.

“Yes, my Lady,” Erestor said, and picked up his cutlery once more.

“Erestor is not here to be ordered around by you, mother,” Glorfindel bit out.

Gwendil looked at her son in a challenging way, arching an eyebrow. “True, but since you show no hint of taking charge, I shall have to be the one that moulds him into the perfect wife.”

“For Erestor to be a wife, he would need to be a female. As it is, he is now my husband,” Glorfindel said, and put a light hand on his mate’s slim shoulder. Erestor would have blushed with all this attention, but years of practice and schooling had taught him how to control this instinctual reaction. Instead, he remained motionless, hands folded on his lap while his head was bent.

“Female he is not by gender, but it is the wife’s role he has taken in this marriage and as such, shall be referred to from now on. Now please Glorfindel, you are making a scene. This is hardly a respectable way to start the first morning of your marriage, is it?” Gwendil picked up her cutlery again and started eating.

“You are correct, mother, it is not,” Glorfindel vehemently said, and left the table, banging the bedroom door behind him.

“I do wish you would not upset him so. For lack of a better simile, you are now taking my place in his life, and that is no small expanse. Do not anger him so,” Gwendil rebuked Erestor and took a sip of water.

Erestor’s head raised slowly. “You are correct, my Lady. I shall go apologise to him immediately,” Erestor said and stood. Walking to the door, Gwendil’s voice stopped him.

“It is very rude to leave a lady sitting at a table by herself, especially if that lady is the mother of your new spouse,” she remarked.

“You are correct, again, my Lady. Please forgive my error this once. However, I do feel on this occasion, it is my husband’s forgiveness I must ask for more than yours. If you will excuse me, I must tend to Lord Glorfindel,” he apologetically bowed and made to leave again.

“I shall overlook this morning, I realise you must feel out of your usual comfort zone, but do not forget your place and how easily it can be revoked.”

Erestor nodded his head once and went inside the bedroom. Looking around the room he saw Glorfindel hastily pulling clothes on, not caring how he thrashed as he stepped into them, his limbs pushing harshly at the stitching when they got caught. Erestor silently closed the door and quietly walked towards his husband. Raising his hands, Erestor grasped the material around Glorfindel’s shoulders and lifted it forwards so it would not choke the warrior so and fit more snugly around the back of the neck. With careful hands he pulled the long blonde hair out from beneath the tunic, then smoothed any wrinkles free before taking a step back.

“Thank you,” Glorfindel said calmly, and turned around to look at Erestor. Though the first week of marriage would be seen as a casual affair, away from prying eyes and duties, Erestor had taken a lot of care in his appearance. Glorfindel noticed for the first time that morning that Erestor’s clothes fit his lithe frame ideally, accentuating his features positively, and any accessories matched his garb perfectly. The dark hair had been tied loosely at the back, but several small braids remained free. More remarkable still, thin sliver ribbons had also been wound into the plaits and gave Erestor’s hair a wonderful contrast of both dark and light colours.

Feeling Glorfindel’s eyes roam over his appearance, Erestor felt the need to speak. “I was unsure of what you would be wearing. I hope you find this satisfactory,” Erestor said, one hand running down his light grey silk robe.

“Ah, yes, it is fine,” Glorfindel said less than regally, his eyes and mind too bewitched by the beauty in front of him.

“Would you like me to fetch your shoes?” Erestor asked.

“Not right now, I would rather remain bare-footed right now. Though I would like to apologise for my mother. She had no right speaking to you like that,” Glorfindel said sincerely.

“There is no need to entreat such a request. After all, your mother is correct. I have a role to play in this marriage and it is now her duty to see that it is fulfilled. No good shall come from us defecting from our responsibilities,” Erestor spoke calmly, his eyes looking directly into Glorfindel’s.

“I do not mean to abandon them indefinitely, but there is plenty of time left before we must put them into practice. This is our honeymoon; we should spend the time getting to know one another. I have barely reached my majority and have only just realised who I am as an individual, now as a couple… that is going to take a while to get used to also. I feel that it is just too early for me to consider adding a child into the equation. I would prefer it if we wait a while until you become with child,” Glorfindel suggested.

“I understand your hesitancy in this matter, I myself am eight years away from maturity, but unlike females, I cannot choose to become pregnant when it suits me. With every copulation, my body will either become pregnant or it will not. I have no say over the matter. It is by all standards a marvel that I am able to become with child at this age. Usually males with my ability are unable to do so until well after their majority. Letting this resource go to waste would be unfortunate,” Erestor tried to reason.

“That is a greater incentive to wait. Being so young your body may not be able to endure the stress of being pregnant,” Glorfindel countered.

Erestor refrained from rolling his eyes. “The only way we could be sure to avoid such a possibility would be to abstain from intercourse.”

“I would not mind that. Not that it was not enjoyable,” Glorfindel answered hastily, “but it was my first time so it is not something I would miss doing, like horse riding, which is an activity I partake of every day.”

“If that is your decision, I have no choice but to follow. However, it would be unwise. As long as you do not have an heir, your position is vulnerable and enemies everywhere would be wise to use this opportunity. I wish to do everything in my power to protect you,” Erestor ventured.

A small smile flitted over Glorfindel’s lips and he raised a hand to softly stroke his husband’s soft cheek. “Thank you, that alone puts me at ease. The offer is reciprocated, whether it is from orcs or my mother, I would not want you to suffer needlessly either.”

“I am grateful for your concern,” Erestor bowed his head.

Glorfindel lowered his hand and looked into Erestor’s eyes deeply and felt himself growing hard as images of last night flitted through his mind. Clearing his throat he turned about and sat on the bed. “I think I may go for a ride now, if you could fetch my shoes please.”

“Of course,” Erestor went to the cupboard and pulled from it a pair of mid-shin high boots. Returning to the bed, he sat at Glorfindel’s feet and made to move to put them on his spouse’s feet.

“Aaaah, no thank you, I can do that myself,” Glorfindel jerked backwards and lifted his legs onto the bed, holding a hand out for the footwear.

“I do not mind,” Erestor tried.

“I appreciate the thought, but there is no need. You are not a servant,” Glorfindel reasoned. Erestor gave in and placed the boots in the blonde elf’s hands and elegantly rose from the floor. Standing back, he gave his husband space to finish dressing himself.

“You are welcome to join me, if you wish,” Glorfindel offered.

“Thank you, but I am not suitably dressed. Besides which, your mother shall be sending a healer here today; I would hate to miss him. Rather, I think I shall read on the balcony until you return,” Erestor politely declined.

“Very well. Tomorrow perhaps?”

“Will I not be intruding upon an activity you enjoy so much?”

“Not at all. I do love riding, but company is also much desired. Unless you have other plans…?” Glorfindel ventured.

“Not at all. I accept your kind offer. Thank you,” Erestor responded and inclined his head.

“Very well. I shall be back at lunchtime. I will see you then,” Glorfindel said and looked to Erestor. After a moment’s hesitation, the blonde bent his head and gave a swift kiss to the younger elf’s cheek, then quickly left the room.

Walking to the dresser, Erestor picked up his book on politics and went to the balcony. Opening the doors, he sat down on a chair just inside the room, enjoying the soft breeze and scent of roses wafting on it. Before continuing with his book, Erestor indulged himself with a small smile, glad at how smoothly he and Glorfindel were adjusting to each other. Breakfast could have been better, but after an awkward ceremony and consummation, things had definitely taken a turn for the better. The marriage seemed to have much potential to it. Turning to his book, Erestor began reading, an unconscious hand stroking his stomach in hope.


TBC









So… anyone hate Gwendil as much as I do? :D

Luv Mawgy
Chapter 3 by Mawgy
Title: Chains Unseen
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha (Thanks!) Mum & Boney
Dedicated to my lovely fans
Rated: G
Genre: Angst, AU
Warnings: talk of male pregnancy
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Strict societal rules constrain everyone. How do two betrothed youths deal with the expectations placed upon them? MPREG!
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)



Chapter 3



Glorfindel returned from his horse ride just before lunch. Bringing the horse round to the garden just outside their small patio, Glorfindel let the stallion wander and jumped the small fence to enter the bedroom. Inside he saw Erestor looking quite flushed and resting against the pillows on the bed, his previously immaculate robes now ruffled and wrinkled.

“Is anything amiss?” the blonde inquired, moving to the bed.

Erestor roused from his repose and looked to his husband. “No, everything is fine,” his lips twisted into a smile and he sat up straight. “How was your ride?”

“It was wonderful… The wind on my face, the feeling of solitude and of being free. Only bound by the strength of another being. It was exhilarating,” Glorfindel beamed, climbing onto the bed to sit next to Erestor.

“I can see why you enjoy this activity so,” Erestor said.

“Have you ever ridden before?” Glorfindel asked.

“I know how to, but it is not something I do often. I look forward to tomorrow’s romp all the more now, if I am still invited?”

“Of course you are. But come, what did you do whilst I was away?” Glorfindel queried, still caught up by Erestor’s appearance.

“I read for most of the time. An hour ago a healer arrived to examine me. Everything is exactly as it was last time I was checked just a few days ago. I am still ripe and in perfect health,” Erestor remarked.

“Excellent. And… are you pregnant?” Glorfindel asked.

“The healer did not say so one way or the other. I am sure if he could tell for certain he would have said something. Still, it is early days yet and might take some time for symptoms to show themselves. He is still here, if you would like to ask him anything,” Erestor offered, and pointed to the bathroom.

“I think I will. But, why do you look so flushed?”

Erestor remained calm. “He was just very thorough and I became quite uncomfortable in some parts of the inspection. It was not an easy pose to hold for so long either. I really am fine, just drained and a little embarrassed,” he assured Glorfindel.

At that moment, the healer exited the bathroom, wiping his hands on a towel.

“Oh, I thought I heard another voice. Lord Glorfindel, it is an honour to assist you and your spouse in this endeavour. I look forward to safeguarding your wellbeing. I am Clorel, newly appointed head healer of your House,” the elf introduced himself and bowed politely.

“Well, that is good to hear. Though… what is this endeavour that you speak of?” Glorfindel asked.

“From what Lady Gwendil tells me, you two are trying to conceive, are you not?”

“No we are not,” Glorfindel growled lowly and left the bed. “If you have time, could I please have a word with you in the next room?”

“Oh, yes of course,” Clorel agreed. Placing the hand towel back in his bag, the healer picked up his apparatuses. “Have a good day, and be sure to reserve all your energy,” Clorel said to Erestor and bowed his head. Turning around, he left the room and waited for Glorfindel.

“This will not take long,” Glorfindel informed Erestor and followed the healer.

Erestor lay back into the pillows and closed his eyes, relaxing completely.

~*~*~*~

Outside the room, Glorfindel closed the door and sat in a chair at the table, waving his hand to offer a seat to the healer as well.

“I have some concerns about Erestor becoming pregnant…” Glorfindel started.

“Oh? Please do not be afraid to ask me questions, though it would be better if Erestor were present to hear anything I have to say,” Clorel informed.

“Perhaps, but for now I would like to discuss it with you privately.”

“If that is your choice,” Clorel allowed.

“Erestor… He is not of age yet, but is able to give conceive already… is that not strange?” Glorfindel asked.

“It is rare for males to be able to become with child at such an early age, but it is not unheard of. The youngest reported age to date was thirty years of age. That is more than a decade younger than your spouse, and it is only in the past year that Erestor has become ripe,” Clorel said.

“How did this younger male deal with childbirth?” Glorfindel asked.

“It was not until he was sixty-five that he became with child, but everything occurred normally.”

“How old was the youngest male at the time of pregnancy?”

“Fifty-five has been the youngest recorded male pregnancy,” Clorel looked like he was able to say something else, but stopped himself.

Glorfindel eyed him carefully. “How did the pregnancy affect this elf?”

Clorel sighed softly. “Everything appeared to be normal throughout the pregnancy, but when it came time for childbirth… It was a mess. His hips were too narrow; there was some tearing… far too much blood. It really is a miracle that both he and the child survived. But medicine has come a long way in the past century since then and I am sure that I, and the other Healers on my staff will be able to handle any situation that may arise,” Clorel tried to assure his Lord.

“Erestor is petite, even for an elf he is quite small. If the problem with this other elf was the lack of width in his hips, then no matter how skilled you may be, I can not see it being of any help to Erestor, unless this other one was smaller than even Erestor, which I find a little difficult to believe.”

“Forgive me, my Lord, but it seems you are looking for excuses for Erestor to not become pregnant, when it is the very fact that he is able to conceive that you married him in the first place,” Clorel tried to counter.

“I married him so my parents would not lose face in an agreement they made forty years ago. It was his ability to conceive that convinced them to agree to the pairing, the decision itself had nothing to do with me. I am merely concerned with his wellbeing, and I would hope that as a Healer, the safety of your patients should out-weigh anything else. If Erestor became pregnant, is it likely to affect his health and body adversely?” Glorfindel asked point-blank.

Clorel sighed. “You must understand, your mother is not someone to be taken lightly. If I do not condone this pregnancy and do everything I can to help you and your mate, then she will just bring in another Healer, who may not have my expertise. Yes, this child will be a risk to Erestor, but it is an even greater risk to not try. Politically, you are not in a sound position; defensively, there have been a great many wars and survival is not assured, an heir is a great asset in these troubled times, and socially a new baby will bring a lot of joy and hope to the people of this city. It is just the beginning of your relationship and you are still young. I can understand your reluctance to have a child so early on, but one is needed to secure your place and continue your line. Erestor understands this, I do not know why you are struggling against it so,” Clorel strongly suggested.

“You did not answer my question. Forget politics, forget my mother and forget putting your occupation in jeopardy. If Erestor and I were any other couple not in our situations, would you encourage us to have a child or not?”

Clorel made to reply quickly, but looking into Glorfindel’s hard eyes, he stayed his words for a moment. Lowering his gaze, Clorel admitted, “No… No, I would not. Erestor is too young and his body would not handle the pregnancy well. And although the previously youngest male did indeed survive the delivery, it was not long after that he faded.” Clorel sighed, relieved.

“Thank you,” Glorfindel whispered, placed a strong hand on the Healer’s shoulder for a moment, then stood to go back into the bedroom.

“If you are that set against the idea, then a fierce fight against your mother will not be far off. And if Erestor does not bear a child soon, she will do anything in her power to make his life miserable until-”

“I know,” Glorfindel interrupted.

“It would be unwise to anger her so.”

“Believe me I know,” Glorfindel half laughed. “But if it is not safe for my new spouse, and I am personally feeling this uncomfortable about it, then surely it is not in the child’s interest either, just because everyone else feels it is the right thing to do.” Glorfindel leaned against the door and sighed. “Erestor and I have done right by our parents by honouring their agreement, though he and I have never met save for once years ago when the pact was originally made. We have done right by the Valar by consummating the marriage, showing physically our gratitude for their blessing. In a week’s time I am to take my recently departed father’s place as Lord of the House of the Golden Flower, all in less than a year after my majority. Most Elves are twice my age before this kind of responsibility is placed upon them!” Glorfindel had now left the door and began pacing, his arms flying wildly as he started ranting. “My schedule for the next three years has already been planned! Is there not one thing in my life that I can control? Are we now not allowed a little time for ourselves this week to get to know one another and decide how we shall live together, whether as a couple or as parents? Must every decision important in my life be thrust upon me by others!? If I were anyone else, a peasant, a human… A horse! If I were anyone else life would be much simpler and I could be free to live it as I see fit. I do not wish for this life,” Glorfindel spun around one last time then slumped into his chair, holding his head in his hands.

Clorel leaned over and placed a hand upon the younger elf’s shoulder and gently rubbed it. “I recall a conversation much like this not so long ago with another elf soon to be a leader. He was so scared about all the negative possibilities that he was unable to see all the good that could come from his situation. But then he married a suitable wife. Wise, majestic, always difficult… she calmed his nerves and together they ruled fairly and raised a son, mature enough to accept responsibility, no matter when it was placed upon him. Whatever you are feeling, I am sure Erestor is also contemplating his new life. Though he was born a peasant, he had no choice in his life either. After all, he was only two when the arrangement was made. Do not be so sure your life could be better were you born another,” Clorel reasoned and tried to comfort.

Glorfindel sighed deeply and slowly. After a moment, he raised his head, a small smile upon it, and Clorel’s hand slipped from his shoulder. “If you do not mind, I had best return to Erestor. If you are not busy, please come again tomorrow so we may discuss this in more detail with Erestor.”

“Of course, my lord. I shall come mid-morn again,” Clorel bowed. Opening the door, he startled the maid bringing the lunchtime meal. “Oh excuse me,” he said, putting his hands out to stabilise the tray.

“‘Tis quite all right,” she replied. Clorel moved aside for her to come in. “My lord,” she greeted Glorfindel and curtsied as much as she could, placing the tray on the sideboard as before.

“Thank you,” Glorfindel graciously said. “If you will excuse me,” he said and exited into the bedroom.

The maid took no notice and left immediately. Clorel stayed a moment longer and sighed, not looking forward to his upcoming meeting with Lady Gwendil. Sighing, he walked out, closing the door behind him.


~*~*~*~


Returning to the bedroom, Glorfindel found Erestor patting down the covers on the bed, straightening out the crinkles his body had caused. Noticing movement, Erestor stopped what he was doing and looked to Glorfindel.

Glorfindel’s eyes roamed Erestor’s lithe body and his resolve was strengthened all the more, not wishing to cause harm to his spouse when it was avoidable. With a reassuring smile, Glorfindel put out his hand for Erestor. Walking to his husband, Erestor’s small, delicate hand was grasped by Glorfindel’s large, rough hands. Rubbing the tiny digits carefully, Glorfindel avoided Erestor’s gaze and drew in breath before he started talking. His mouth hung open for a moment, but shut it again soon after. Holding the hands a little firmer, he shook his head and looked up, a corner of his mouth twitching into a smile.

“Come, lunch has been delivered,” he said and led the small elf out of the room. Pulling out a chair, Glorfindel stood behind it, waiting for Erestor to sit. Once his husband was settled, Glorfindel moved to the buffet. “What would you like to eat?”

“I do not mind, but I really should be doing that. Please, sit…” Erestor half stood as he spoke, wanting to serve his mate.

“No, allow me. You are not a servant whom must serve me without question, nor am I so helpless that I am unable to serve myself. Now, what would you like?” Glorfindel said as firmly as polite conversation would allow.

“Fruit would be lovely, thank you,” Erestor answered.

“Do you not like meat?” Glorfindel asked.

“It is not that I do not like it, just that I am unaccustomed to it. Thank you,” Erestor said as Glorfindel lay the plate in front of him.

“I would have thought living near the farmlands you would eat the freshest meat possible,” Glorfindel said as he retrieved his own food.

“I grew up far out in the countryside, on the very edges of Gondolin’s borders,” Erestor politely corrected.

Glorfindel took his plate to the table, and chose to sit opposite Erestor. The blonde looked quizzical. “Your parents, they live on the edges of the city, do they not?”

“They do,” Erestor agreed.

“I would hardly call that the edges of the Gondolin’s borders.”

“I did not live with my parents for the majority of my childhood,” Erestor said, ignoring his cutlery and food for the time being.

Glorfindel looked astonished. Being a child of nobility he was no stranger to servants raising him, but to not live with his parents altogether would have been devastating. “Why is that?” Glorfindel inquired. “Do you have other family out there…?”

“No. I was sent away so that I could be taught in private.”

“Taught what?”

“Everything. Anything that I could use later in life that would be useful to you,” Erestor lowered his head then raised it again to look Glorfindel in the eyes once more.

“Why would such extremes be needed just for me?” Glorfindel half laughed, though internally felt despair that Erestor’s early years were spent in solitude and studies only for him.

“It was part of the agreement to our union. Your parents did not desire a peasant for the partner of their only child, let alone for them to be male. But times were tough when this city was first built. All expenses were put into homes and medicine, there was little left over for luxuries. My mother made your parents entire wardrobes full of exquisite gowns and robes. My father constructed crowns and jewellery. Your father was a battalion leader, unused to the life of royalty, but knew he needed to look the part were he to play the role. Rather than monetary payment, which your parents did not have at the time, my mother and father instead ensured my future by tying it with yours. From what I have heard, your parents argued against it, but eventually had no other option as my parents admittedly gave them none. Money straight up or our marriage. They grudgingly agreed once it was determined that I would be able to give birth later in life, a gift my mother’s father also possessed. There were many conditions to the agreement itself, but one that your parents insisted upon was that I would live away from criticising eyes so I may study in peace, and I assume, that upon my return few would remember I am the son of peasants. I was allowed to visit my parents for a week each year. I do value the little time we had together, but they were so busy sewing or welding that our time was even more constrained. By not taking payment from your parents, it nearly put mine in financial ruin. They have worked very hard ever since to ensure stability once more. And it did not help that my lodgings and tutelage were so great, even though your parents were gracious enough to pay for half of my education once the economy had stabilised. I also reported to your mother during these times, in secret, of course. I would display my knowledge and etiquette to her so she could ensure my progress was satisfactory. Surely you knew of this, though?” Erestor inquired.

Glorfindel’s face had fallen completely, his hand covering his mouth. Realising Erestor was waiting for an answer; the blonde removed his hand. “No… I had no idea… I have been told from birth that I was betrothed, but none of the details were ever shared with me,” Glorfindel’s brow was furrowed, deeply disturbed by what Erestor had told him.

Erestor watched his husband with growing concern. “It is done. None of it matters now. I do not regret my life if in someway I can prove useful to you. Please, do not dwell on what I have said,” Erestor asked.

“How can I not? The happiest years of your life have been sacrificed for me! And I was never told!” Glorfindel was near shouting and Erestor bowed his head, ashamed he had made his husband angry so early on in their marriage.

Glorfindel wanted to rant again, but one look at Erestor stayed him. “Oh, Erestor, I am not mad at you,” he said, his voice much softer now, one hand sliding across the table to pat Erestor’s. “I just, I would have liked to have known. My parents should not have demanded you forego your parents for most of your life. And now that you are married, you shall see them even less… I do not wish to prolong your suffering in this manner. Why do we not invite them for dinner? Tonight. And at least once a week from now on. I would not like your relationship with them to be constrained all the more on my account. What say you?” Glorfindel asked, an entreating smile upon his face.

“I will agree to tonight, if they are free. As for the latter, if our schedules allow it, then I would be delighted to entertain them, if that truly is your wish,” Erestor replied.

“I would like to get to know the people who gave you life, but you do not have to say it as though I am the only one asking for their presence. Erestor, if *you* want them here, then they are welcome. If *you* do not, then that is fine too.”

“I shall stand by my original response. But Glorfindel, yo-”

“That is nice,” Glorfindel smiled dreamily.

“Pardon?” Erestor asked.

“You said my name. Beautifully, I might add,” Glorfindel smiled. Erestor’s lips twitched, but said nothing on the matter.

“You must understand, I saw my parents so few times in my life. I know this is wrong of me, but I do not regard them as being my true parents. Of course, I know they are. They gave birth to me, fed me, clothed me and educated me. But they did not do that physically. My tutors and carers did all of that for me. To me, my parents are more like distant relatives that families visit for the sake of staying in touch with them. Beyond that, it is difficult for me to feel anything towards them.”

“I do not think that is wrong of you. If anything, it would be expected after so long a time of separation. But now that you are living so close to them again, surely bridges can be built to close the gap you and surely they are feeling. What do you say?”

Erestor looked down and began nodding. “Yes, I agree.”

“Excellent. I shall send word to them once we are done eating. Though, there is one thing I would like to ask about what you said before. You said that my parents insisted you were sent so far away so no one would remember you are a peasant when you return. But, that is not so. Everyone remembers and if anything, the majority of the population approves of you all the more because of it.”

“They approve because they are also peasants. I daresay it brings them hope that they shall not always be in the position they are now. And should your father not have passed, then this marriage would not have taken place until I reached adulthood. It would have been far more low-key and discreet. As it was, I was sent for immediately after the announcement of his death and my return was witnessed by many. What started as whispers quickly grew and soon everyone knew the truth. Your mother was not terribly pleased,” Erestor explained.

Glorfindel nodded in understanding and sighed. “Thank you for telling me of this, I was completely in the dark. I do wish to discuss it further, but for now, we should eat before my chicken cools,” Glorfindel instructed and placed his napkin on his lap. Erestor followed suit and picked up his knife and fork. Just as they were to take their first bites did the door suddenly burst open, Gwendil appearing on the threshold.

“What is this I hear about you not wanting a child?” she screeched, a nervous Clorel peering around her shoulder.


TBC
Chapter 4 by Mawgy
Title: Chains Unseen
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha (Thanks!) Mum & Boney
Dedicated to my lovely fans
Rated: G
Genre: Angst, AU
Warnings: talk of male pregnancy
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Strict societal rules constrain everyone. How do two betrothed youths deal with the expectations placed upon them? MPREG!
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)




Chapter 4


“Speak now lest I force it from you!” Gwendil demanded.

“Mother, we are about to have lunch, if you could come back later-”

“I will not! This is a matter of utmost importance. This is your first day of marriage, you should not even be out of bed! I demand you get in there,” she pointed harshly in the direction of the bedroom, “and start conceiving my grandson!” Glorfindel’s jaw clenched in anger. Thumping his hands on the edge of the table he rose slowly, his eyes never wavering from his mother’s. Erestor jumped as the table shook, but lowered his head to avoid angering either elf more.

“If this is so important to you, then allow me first to broach an even more pressing subject. Why is it I was never told of the agreements made in this marriage?” Glorfindel asked, his voice deep and cold.

“What are you talking about?” Gwendil asked impatiently.

“Erestor was forced from his home, secluded in the middle of no where and taught only what would be required of him when he became my spouse! How could you enforce such an inhumane command on a child?”

“Well forgive me for thinking of what was best for my child and this House! With status comes sacrifices, something Erestor would have to learn at some point. It was for the best he learnt early on rather than later. Yet this is now in the past, you should think of the future and a child is necessary in ensuring there WILL be a future!” Gwendil said sternly.

“Even if a child could cost Erestor his life? It is bad enough his childhood was compromised because of your selfish demands, but now you ask him to risk his life? What use shall he be to me then?”

“He would have served it if he did indeed give you a son,” Gwendil easily answered.

Glorfindel stared incredulously at his mother, his eyes wide.

“And if he does die, then what was the purpose of his education and separation from his parents?”

“It is hardly a matter worth getting so unsettled about since it is in the past and cannot be undone,” Gwendil said matter-of-factly.

Glorfindel felt like he was going round in circles.

“Fine, but my mind is made up and cannot be undone, so I would appreciate it if you would stop pursuing it.”

“I will not. I am your mother and the care of this House still remains in my hands, and for as long as I have say over matters, I shall always support you having a child immediately!”

Glorfindel sighed and looked at Erestor’s down-turned head. His brows drew together slowly and then swung his gaze back to his mother.

“You shall not have any say for much longer. Next week Erestor shall take your place in the court and you will only be known as the widow of the founding lord of the Golden Flower. And if it is only a week that I must endure your rants, then so be it. Shout as loud and for as long as you like, but all your arguments will be ignored and if in a week’s time, they do not desist, I can order you to be gagged,” Glorfindel smirked. “Now if you will excuse us, we were about to have lunch. Come Erestor,” Glorfindel picked up his plate and glass of water and went into the bedroom. Walking inside the doorway, he leant upon the wood until Erestor passed; head still bent, and then closed the door with a sharp twist of his elbow, leaving a stunned Gwendil behind.

Glorfindel leant against the door heavily and sighed, adding a hint of vocal approval to it. His eyes swung to Erestor, whom stood nearby, his lunch in his hands, and the blonde elf smiled almost nervously.

“Oh, that felt good… It is the first time I have spoken to her in such a way. Ever the power she has held over me and now I am in the superior position!” he ended with a soft laugh. Erestor watched his husband for a moment and indulged in a small smile of his own.

“Not to dampen your spirits, but Lady Gwendil does still hold considerable power. Once you are Lord you shall outrank her, but her influence is great and will be able to undermine you through gossip alone,” Erestor cautioned. “Not to mention that some mothers remain in the position they held whilst their husband was in power as they do with their son, even though he may be married.”

Glorfindel’s eyebrows drew together. “How so?”

“If a Lady of the court believes their son’s spouse is incapable of performing adequately in their new role, then they may petition to the King to continue on as they have done with their husband. It has not occurred in Gondolin, the city is too young, but in many other realms is it often done and is a law King Turgon wrote into our statute. I am underage and therefore my education is incomplete. Should she try to rally to keep her position, it is with little doubt that I believe she would win,” Erestor warned.

Glorfindel sighed again, but his demeanour had changed drastically. “Even if she did try, then would that not reflect badly upon her choice? For her that would be admitting she was wrong in her decision for who would be my spouse. I have never seen her admit so much as dropping a single pea on the floor!”

“Perhaps that is so. I am just advising it may be unwise to incur her wrath. Unless you believe she should continue in her position until I have finished my studies?”

“My mother and I ruling the Golden Flower together!? We shall kill each other over every tiny decision! But… Does this mean you intend to continue your education even though you are now married to me?” Glorfindel asked, pushing himself away from the door and walking over to the balcony.

“Of course. I cannot reach my full potential as your aid if my studies are not complete. Long ago I was taught the basics, and now it is the specifics of this position that I must learn. I shall do so only in my free time when I am not attending to you or carrying out my duties, so please do not fret that I will be neglectful in some way,” Erestor tried to soothe.

“I was not thinking anything of the sort. I was just a little surprised. Most spouses relinquish any kind of burden they can so they may live a life of luxury. Which I suppose your parents bought you all those years ago, so I would not blame you if you chose to indulge a little…” Glorfindel said as he started cutting into his meat.

“Thankyou for the thought, but I would rather put my education to use, or else, as you said, what would the point be of me leaving my parents for my childhood if no good came of it? I was brought up learning all I could to assist you in any way possible, to not do so would be an affront to everyone who put their faith in my abilities to be a great asset to you,” Erestor insisted.

Glorfindel finished chewing and swallowed. “Why do you have this fascination with serving me, Erestor?”

“It is what I have been trained for. I would not dare tell you how to rule your House, but if I can aid your decisions, be there to comfort and relieve pressure, then I shall do so. Part of that pressure is currently coming from your mother and I would like to help ease your burden. I was agreed upon to be your spouse because of my child-bearing quality… To not use it would be folly.”

“Stop right there. I have said I will not impregnate you just yet and that shall not change no matter how much my mother, or you, or all of Gondolin tell me that I should,” Glorfindel said sternly.

“If that is your decision then I shall obey. However, I do have one question. You told your mother pregnancy would put my life at risk… How so?”

Glorfindel sighed and dropped his fork to his plate. “Clorel told me the youngest male to give birth was 55 years old at the time of birth; that is over a decade older than you, and he experienced severe pain and blood loss. Soon after giving birth, he faded… I would not want the same to happen to you, especially after all you have endured just to be seen fit by my mother to be my husband,” Glorfindel explained.

“My body is ready to receive your seed. If complications could occur, then surely I would not yet be ripe,” Erestor tried to reason.

“Do you think Clorel would lie to me!? This elf was ready to conceive but he still-” Glorfindel stopped suddenly, and drew a deep, long breath. He could not help raising his voice and only ceased when Erestor shrank back in his chair and bowed his head. Glorfindel sighed and tried to calm himself. “I apologise for my outburst. I just thought I had made myself quite clear already.”

“Indeed you had. I am sorry for discussing it further,” Erestor spoke, a hint of regret in his voice.

“Clorel shall be joining us tomorrow; we can discuss it in length then. How is your lunch?” Glorfindel asked in a false cheerful tone, trying to turn the conversation to something lighter.

“It is very fresh,” Erestor said as he cut into a strawberry and red liquid oozed from it. “How is yours?”

“The same,” Glorfindel agreed. They fell into an uncomfortable silence, the sound of cutlery clinking against china the only sound to be heard within the chamber.

~*~

Erestor placed his glass soundlessly upon the table. Looking at Glorfindel shuffling his carrots around the plate with his fork, Erestor became concerned.

“Is there something wrong with your vegetables?” he asked politely.

Glorfindel released his fork, truthfully never realising what he had been doing. “No, I am just thinking.” He gave Erestor a reassuring smile, but said nothing else and turned his head to look out over the garden.

“Is there anything I might be able to do?” Erestor offered.

“Nay… I am just contemplating the future…”

“Can I take your plate?” Erestor queried.

“Oh, yes, I am done,” Glorfindel answered and pushed his plate towards Erestor. Erestor stood and collected the plates and cups and took them back to the dining room. He left them on the sideboard for the maids to collect later and then returned to the bedroom. Glorfindel had stood from the table and was now leaning on the terrace fence. Erestor walked over to him, pushing in their chairs as he passed the table, and stood serenely next to his husband.

“Is there anything I can do for you?” Erestor asked.

“No… I am just, oh never mind…” Glorfindel turned to look at Erestor’s expressionless face. “What would you like to do this afternoon?” he asked, a little cheerier.

“Whatever you wish,” Erestor replied easily.

“I do not mind,” Glorfindel shrugged.

“Neither do I.”

“Then that leaves us in a bit of a bind.”

“Indeed, but I shall be happy with whatever you choose,” Erestor said.

Glorfindel began to frown. “What if I left the choice to you?”

“I dare not decide perchance I choose an activity you do not like.”

“If I do not like it I will say so and you can choose another,” Glorfindel challenged.

“Then why do you not decide for I am able to find enjoyment in all manner of activities,” Erestor suggested.

Glorfindel sighed; feeling this was going very much the same way the conversation with his mother had earlier gone. “How about some chess?” he offered.

“If you like,” Erestor replied and turned to fetch the game, but a strong hand on his upper arm caught him.

“No, would you like to?” Glorfindel asked.

“If you wish to play, then I do not mind being your opponent. Unless you would like someone worthier?”

Glorfindel felt a muscle in his jaw twitch. “Go set up, I will be with you in a moment.”

Erestor went inside the room and removed the board and chess pieces from his wardrobe. He walked over to the empty fireplace where two chairs sat facing it with a small table in between. Adjusting the seats to face one another, he laid the board on the table and placed the pieces in their setting. Looking out to the balcony, he could no longer see Glorfindel. Walking outside, he saw the blonde elf with his horse, which was still wandering around their garden. The Lord was feeding the horse an apple and affectionately stroking the golden furred animal’s neck. The blonde’s lips were moving, talking to his friend, but Erestor was too far away to hear. Feeling like an intruder, he returned indoors and waited for Glorfindel to join him.

Some minutes later Glorfindel entered the bedroom and walked over to where Erestor sat.

“Oh, I should write to your parents first,” he said just as he started to sit. Walking to a small writing desk in the corner, he quickly wrote out an invitation for dinner and took it through the dining room and formal lounge area to give it to a page to deliver to Erestor’s parents.

“So, would you like to be black or white?” Glorfindel asked as he came back and sat down.

“It does not bother me. I can play as either colour,” Erestor said.

“Very well,” Glorfindel conceded and picked up the kings. Hiding his hands behind his back he shuffled them from hand to hand. “Left or right?”

“Right.” Glorfindel brought forth his hand and presented the white king to Erestor.

“You go first,” Glorfindel simply stated and replaced the figures. Carefully spinning the board around so the white pieces faced Erestor, he signalled with his hand for his husband to begin.

~*~

“Ah, you are too good for me,” Erestor said congenially and knocked over his king. “Well done.”

“Thankyou, but I have been force-fed battle tactics since I was a babe, I fear your loss was inevitable,” Glorfindel joked with a cheeky smile. Erestor smiled graciously. “Course, it was the longest game I believe I have ever played, well done on lasting so long. Good lord, it is almost dark! Your parents should be here in about an hour…” he said off handedly. A maid had brought their letter of acceptance mid way through the game, at which time Glorfindel asked her to advise the kitchen staff of the change in dinner plans. “I might take Asfala back to the barn first, though. You do not mind packing up, do you?” Glorfindel asked.

“Not at all,” Erestor said, already placing the pieces inside the box. Glorfindel turned and walked out the door. Erestor put the board and pieces away, then went to the bathroom to freshen up. After a quick bath, he donned a light green, semi-formal robe with a heavy necklace lying over the top. Glorfindel returned not long after and also bathed, dressing afterwards in brown leggings and a green shirt. He pulled the top layers of his hair away form his face, but left the rest unbound, not wishing to appear too lordly for Erestor’s parents.

“Shall we wait for them in the sitting room?” Glorfindel asked, once they were both ready.

“It does seem the most appropriate place to greet them,” Erestor agreed. Together they walked into the parlour and awaited the arrival of Erestor’s parents. Having been seated for most of the afternoon, both elves opted to stand.

“Would you like me to open a bottle of wine?” Erestor asked.

“Oh… do your parents like wine?” Glorfindel asked.

“I honestly do not know,” Erestor replied casually, a comment which made Glorfindel all the more disappointed in his mother’s selfishness.

“Perhaps a light red might be best, then,” Glorfindel said.

Erestor walked to a cabinet and opened the glass doors. Inside sat almost thirty bottles of wine. Selecting a red almost five years old, Erestor easily pulled out the cork with a corkscrew.

“Would you like a glass now?” Erestor asked, holding up the bottle.

“No thankyou, just leave it to breathe for a moment,” Glorfindel answered. Erestor nodded his head and left the bottle on a table out of the way. “Do you like wine?”

“I am not adverse to it, though I do prefer water. I have been taught much about wines and know that in certain circumstances the consumption of it is unavoidable. Fear not, I shall do my best not to embarrass you at any formal occasion,” Erestor soothed with a small smile.

Glorfindel was about to correct Erestor’s assumption when a knock at the door came. Glorfindel quickly stepped up to the door and grasped the handle. Erestor easily glided into place just behind him. Glorfindel sent a reassuring smile in Erestor direction, before he turned and opened the door. A bright smile lit his features as the dark haired elves came into view.

“Earane, Estoria! So good to see you again so soon! Please, come in!” Glorfindel swept a hand around him to invite them in.

“Same to you, Lord Glorfindel. I must admit we were a little surprised to receive an invitation from you so soon after the wedding. I hope everything is in order?” Earane asked politely, not yet moving from the hallway.

Glorfindel looked dumbstruck for a moment. “Yes… Everything is fine. Just a friendly meal and light conversation between two couples.”

“Well, if anything is amiss do not hesitate to say so. I do so hate facades of congeniality before true feeling are revealed,” Earane said through a smile. Glorfindel’s face faltered for a moment before he started laughing nervously.

“No, no plan to lure you here unawares, just a meal to share between family,” he said.

“Oh, is Lady Gwendil joining us?” Estoria asked as she moved over the threshold.

“No, unfortunately. I was rather hoping to get to know you better, whereas I doubt I could understand my mother even if I lived longer than the Valar themselves!” Glorfindel laughed and Erestor smiled. Earane and Estoria looked at each other knowingly but said nothing.

“Mother, father, is it good to see you again,” Erestor bowed. “I trust you had an enjoyable time yesterday?”

“Ahh, yes, it was a fine enough occasion. A little out of our standing, but pleasant enough,” Estoria replied.

Erestor nodded, knowing what his mother meant. All four stood just inside the doorway and looked at each other nervously for a moment.

“May I take your cloaks?” Erestor asked after a moment of uncomfortable silence.

“Oh, yes! Let me help you,” Glorfindel chimed in and assisted Estoria take off her outer clothing. He then gave the cloak to Erestor, whom placed them on the stand just near the door. “Ah, dinner has not arrived just yet, so why do we not have a little wine while we wait?” Glorfindel offered.

“Oh, yes thankyou, that would be lovely,” Earane accepted.

Erestor immediately walked over to the open bottle and poured four glasses. Handing two over to his parents, he then collected the small amount he had poured for himself and Glorfindel’s glass. Glorfindel walked closer and took the wine from his husband and placed an arm casually around the slim shoulders. Turning back to Earane and Estoria, he held his glass up high.

“To family,” he simply said, looking at the couple a few steps away from him. Turning to the side, he gently chinked his cup with Erestor’s and began sipping the red liquid.

“Mmm… very fine,” Earane complimented.

“Please, have a seat, you must be exhausted after all the festivities yesterday,” Glorfindel said and waited until the guests and Erestor sat down before doing so himself.

All those present sat in silence once more, trying to think of something to say, occasionally nodding their heads when eye contact was made before looking away again.

“How goes your clothing store?” Glorfindel asked Estoria after a moment. “I hear you are the most sought-after haberdasher in all of Gondolin!”

“Well if that were true, I am far too humble to admit it. Though I have recently had to employ two assistants to ensure I am able to finish projects on time. Of course though, I am handling your ceremonial robes myself. The first fitting should be ready for the day after tomorrow,” she said proudly.

“Oh, but I already have many ceremonial robes,” Glorfindel said.

“Perhaps, but Lady Gwendil asked me to make matching outfits for your crowning ceremony.”

“Oh,” Glorfindel said under his breath. “Well, knowing your usual style I am sure they shall be grand garments indeed. I had a peek in Erestor’s cupboard earlier today and saw many beautiful robes. I am sure everyone will want your skills upon their clothes once Erestor shows them off at court,” Glorfindel smiled genially.

“You are kind to say so, my Lord,” Estoria bowed her head.

Just then a knock at the door came.

“I think dinner has arrived,” Glorfindel half-announced and stood up.

“No, allow me,” Erestor tried and quickly gained his feet.

“That is alright Erestor, why do you not show your parents through to the dining room?” Glorfindel suggested as he walked to the door. Erestor picked up Glorfindel’s glass and the half-full bottle of wine and took his parents into the next room.

“Please, have a seat, dinner will be here within a moment,” he said and placed the wine on the table. A few seconds later Glorfindel rolled in a trolley carrying their food.

“I hope you are in the mood for roast pork!” Glorfindel said and lifted the silver lids covering the hot, freshly cooked pig. Everyone smiled at him but said nothing. Picking up the plates, he handed them around the table, softly shooing Erestor away as he tried to assist. Squatting down, he removed a platter of salad and one of vegetables from the bottom drawer and placed it in the centre of the table.

Sitting down next to Erestor, he smiled across the table once again at his parents-in-law. Nodding his head nervously, he picked up his cutlery and began cutting into his meat. Taking their cue from Glorfindel, the others collected their knives and forks and began eating also.

Polite, nervous, broken conversation was shared between all as they ate their meal, none daring to stray from trivial subjects. They had just finished discussing Earane’s new range of jewellery when Lady Gwendil, without knocking, opened the door and stood in the doorway surveying the scene before her.

“Oh, Lady Gwendil, shall you be joining us after all?” Estoria asked, patting her mouth with her serviette.

“Indeed I shall,” she quickly responded and walked to the table. Her hand had just grasped the back of a chair when Glorfindel caught her wrist.

“Forgive me mother, but you were not invited. Tonight is just for Erestor’s parents,” Glorfindel said as quietly as he could, but knew the others had heard anyway.

Gwendil looked as though she was about to refute her son’s wishes, but eventually an understanding smile came over her face. “If you so wish,” she removed her hand from the chair and turned to leave. Just as she got to the door, without turning around, she called back to the elves gathered. “Earane, Estoria, are you aware your son refuses to bear my grandson?” Glorfindel only had time to widen his eyes in anger before Gwendil disappeared from view. He debated going after her, but Earane’s voice stopped him.

“Erestor, is this true?” his father asked, his features pulled into a half-angry visage.

“No father, it is not as Lady Gwendil tells it,” he tried to placate.

“Then how might it be?” Estoria joined her husband in staring down their only son.

Erestor floundered, wondering how to put it, and eventually swung his eyes to Glorfindel, beseeching help.

“It is not that Erestor or myself do not wish to bring a child into the world, it is just that on the advice on our Healer, it has been decided that we shall not try until Erestor has at least reached his majority,” Glorfindel explained, his voice nothing but gentle and soothing.

“That is eight years away!” Earane nearly screeched.

“Yes, I am aware of that,” Glorfindel agreed.

“Not that I am here to give advice, but I do not think waiting nearly a decade to ensure your line shall be continued is recommended,” Estoria chimed in.

“No, it is not, however for the sake of Erestor’s health, it has been decided so,” Glorfindel said and placed a hand on Eretsor’s shoulder. Erestor looked at his parents, his features mirroring their concerned ones.

“But he is ripe! Your Healers have said so! What could possibly go wrong if he is ready to conceive?” Earane demanded.

“Based on past cases, it has been determined having a child now could be disastrous to Erestor given his slender build. That is a risk I would rather not test so early on our marriage. A child can wait a few years while we adjust to our new life,” Glorfindel announced, a tone of finality in his voice. The couple sitting across from him wished to say more but bit their tongue.

“I find myself suddenly full,” Estoria said after a short silence.

“Yes, me too. If you would excuse us, I think we shall be on our way. Thankyou for a lovely evening, Lord Glorfindel. Erestor, if you would walk us out,” Earane spoke and marched out the door, leaving no room for argument.

Erestor removed the napkin from his lap and placed it on the table before following his parents. He caught up to them just as they were donning their cloaks.

“Mother, father, everything is not as it seems,” he started.

“No? Because it sounds as though Lord Glorfindel does not see you fit to carry his child!” Earane hissed.

“It is not like that-”

“Not to mention Lady Gwendil’s provisos stated in the agreement. A child must be born within-”

“I know mother!” Erestor whispered. He sighed and turned his head, making sure they were not being overheard. “It seems Lord Glorfindel has not been privy to the details laid out in our betrothal. I am working hard to convince him to have this child, but when I push the subject too far, he gets angry. I shall keep trying, of course, I do not wish to squander your sacrifice for me without a fight. Please, leave it to me. All conditions shall be met, you will see.”

Estoria snorted through her nose, and straightened her mouth. “If you think you can do this…?”

“I do, mother. But please, we have lingered too long. I should go back.”

“Very well. We expect regular updates,” Earane said, then walked out.

“You shall have them,” he called after his parents, closing the door behind them. Walking back to the dining room he saw Glorfindel looking forlornly around the table.

“I do not think we have had a single meal today that has not been interrupted by my mother. And it is only our first day of marriage,” he smiled grievously.

“I should apologise for my parents-”

“No,” Glorfindel held a hand up; “there is no need. I think my mother’s actions are far more outrageous than your parents put together. But, did you enjoy the time shared with them, up until my mother’s arrival at least?”

“I did. Tense, though it was.”

Glorfindel sighed softly and looked at Erestor thoughtfully. “They seemed a bit cautious when it came to news of our marriage.”

“They have been working towards our union for so long now. Should it fail they would have sacrificed more than the payment from your parents forty years ago,” Erestor tried to explain.

“True… They were not happy about mention of the baby, or lack thereof.”

“Neither is your mother,” Erestor gently teased.

“Yes, but she has a reputation to uphold and lineage to think of… why would your parents care? They do not have the burden my mother does…”

“They do also have the future in mind though. And to see their grandson would be a joyous occasion. I have admitted I do not know them as well as I should, but I cannot imagine many happy events occurring in the last four decades for them,” Erestor theorised.

“True… Oh well, it has been a long day. Do you wish for more food, or would you like to retire now?”

“I have had enough, but do not let that stop you.”

“No, I am fine. Shall we?” Glorfindel stood and held his hand out to Erestor. Erestor ducked his head and lightly grasped his husband’s hand. He was led into the bedroom and after a quick change into their bedclothes, they settled into the big mattress, almost a metre separating them in the wide expanse.

“Good night, Glorfindel,” Erestor’s soft voice broke through the darkness.

“Good night, my husband.”

Erestor turned on his side and smiled into the night.



TBC







Hey everyone, sorry for the delay. I’ve actually had this finished for going on three weeks, but there have been delays here and there and everywhere…

Anyway, you have it now and that’s all that matters.

Now, for anyone who doesn’t know, I’m going to Sydney on Wednesday for three weeks. YAY! So, in between anime conventions, visiting family and my beta reader, Naresha, I’m gonna try and write as much as I can so maybe I’ll have a chapter or two for you all when I return. We’ll see…

So from me, toodles! And, try not to miss me too much :p

Luv Mawgy
Chapter 5 by Mawgy
Title: Chains Unseen
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha (Thanks!) Mum & Boney
Dedicated to my lovely fans
Rated: PG
Genre: Angst, AU
Warnings: talk about sex
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Strict societal rules constrain everyone. How do two betrothed youths deal with the expectations placed upon them? MPREG!
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)




Chapter 5





Glorfindel woke to a fresh breeze floating across his face, the smell of budding flowers wafting upon the air. Turning to the side, he found Erestor’s half of the bed empty and the sheets straightened. Movement in the room caught his attention and he shifted his gaze to Erestor’s form exiting the wash room, carrying his pyjamas back to his wardrobe. Glorfindel watched his petite husband and frowned at how much slimmer the skin-tight lemon coloured leggings and tunic made him look. Deciding to broach the subject later with Clorel, Glorfindel opted for a cheerier greeting.

“Erestor… You are far too early a riser for me,” he joked and flopped his head back onto the pillow. Erestor’s lips curled in amusement as he closed the cupboard door.

“It is merely the time I am accustomed to waking,” he answered easily.

“Aaah… a habit I shall personally see is broken,” Glorfindel smiled cheekily.

“You may try, however, with duties abound soon to ensue, I doubt it will be my pattern that shall alter,” Erestor countered consolingly.

“Awww, my short sleep-ins are one of the few things I look forward to each day… please do not take them away from me,” Glorfindel moped and pulled what he considered to be a cute, pitiful expression.

“I shall do my best to ensure the survival of your late mornings and it will not be of my doing should they dwindle in number or quality,” Erestor reassured.

“Glad to hear it,” Glorfindel nodded his head, yawning as he stretched.

“It is a fine day outside. If you like, I could have the maids pack a lunch for us to eat while out on our horse ride,” Erestor offered.

“That sounds like a fine idea,” Glorfindel agreed as he rolled out of bed. “However, Clorel said he would come over today the same time as yesterday, so perhaps we should go for our ride after he leaves and have a late lunch.”

“That is fine with me. I shall make the arrangements,” Erestor said with a small bow and made to leave.

“There is no need to be so hasty, if you would rather bathe first…” Glorfindel offered.

“Thankyou, but I have already washed. There is clean hot water in the tub for you though, if you like.”

“Far too early,” Glorfindel said softly with a kind smile and shake of the head. “Very well then. Also, tell the stable hands to ready the horses for us. I for one would like to leave as soon as possible.” He stretched one last time, then rolled out of bed.

“Of course,” Erestor said compliantly.

Glorfindel headed for the bathroom but stopped near the doorway, his brow furrowed as he studied an orange coloured set of his clothes draped over a chair. “What are these doing out?” he asked himself softly, his arm stretching out to brush the leggings. Behind him, Erestor turned away and went to inform the maids of their plans. After a moment of contemplation, Glorfindel shrugged and just picked up the clothes, taking them to the bathing chamber with him.

Whilst Glorfindel bathed, Erestor made the bed and cleaned up a little. Not long after, he heard breakfast being delivered and went to inform the maid of their plans. He also made a plate for his husband and laid it out on the table just as Glorfindel walked in the door.

“I hope you are hungry,” Erestor said cheerfully, indicating to the food laid out for Glorfindel.

“I am, thankyou,” Glorfindel smiled and pulled out the chair to sit down. Picking up his knife and fork, he started cutting into his bacon. Erestor poured some water for them both then turned back to the sideboard. Returning to the table, he placed his breakfast down, then lay a large bowl of peeled grapes close to Glorfindel, making eye contact as he did so, giving a small, hopeful smile.

“Thankyou, but you do not have to do this,” Glorfindel said.

Erestor looked at him intently for a moment, then broke into an easy smile. “So you keep saying.”

“So I mean!” Glorfindel half shouted in earnest. Erestor sobered and stared at the blonde for a moment before looking away and cautiously sank down onto his chair. Glorfindel watched his husband warily. Slowly, Erestor began eating breakfast, avoiding any contact with Glorfindel and the blonde had no plans to disrupt this uneasy silence either.

~*~*~*~

“Would you like to do something before Clorel arrives?” Erestor asked, piling the used plates to the side.

Glorfindel sighed as he watched Erestor clean up. “No, nothing in particular.”

“Do you mind if I read?”

“No, go ahead,” Glorfindel said, wiped his mouth and roughly threw his napkin on the table before walking out of the room.

~*~*~*~

Erestor heard a blunt ‘thunk’ sound as he sat in a high chair near the empty fireplace. He looked at the open balcony doors and pursed his lips. He listened carefully and when the noise did not come again, he turned his attention back to his book. Two sentences later and the sound came again. Sighing, Erestor closed his book and lay it to the side. Not wanting to aggravate his spouse’s bad temper any further, he cautiously moved towards the open doors and out onto the balcony. On the far edge of their private garden, Glorfindel was half-naked, battling a tree with a wooden sword.

Smiling indulgently, Erestor leant on the railing and watched Glorfindel in silence for some minutes. A bird flew from the tree, catching Erestor’s attention, and landed just near another practice sword, which Erestor had failed to notice before. Smiling to himself, he hoped his invitation would not be met with hostility.

“Care for a sparring partner?” Erestor offered, rounding the terrace.

“You can handle a sword?” Glorfindel asked, not turning around. Erestor was not surprised at Glorfindel’s lack of surprise.

“I can spar adequately enough. I doubt I will be a worthy opponent, but surely a greater one than an old oak tree,” Erestor boasted, stopping in front of the sword, but did not pick it up.

“What else can you do?” Glorfindel asked and pointed his chin at the sword.

“There are many skills I possess,” Erestor said, bending over, “but I am not especially proficient in any one particularly. However, I can cook, clean, fight, write music, play several instruments, design, draw, paint, sew, embroider, decorate, gardening, seduction, healing-”

“Seduction?”

“Yes,” Erestor smiled awkwardly and looked down. “Romance and the art of seduction are amongst the first talents I learnt, once I was deemed old enough. All theory, of course.”

“So… You have never tried it on anyone before?” Glorfindel asked, his eyes surveying Erestor’s form closely.

“I have not tried to seduce anyone whom was not watching for my technical prowess.”

“Hmmm, well, perhaps I should be the first to see a demonstration of your wiles,” Glorfindel winked.

“It would be my honour. After all, everything I learnt I did so for you,” Erestor looked up again and maintained eye contact.

“It … certainly sounds as though you will never be bored, and I shall enjoy my lifetime learning many wonderful things about you,” Glorfindel complimented.

“You are too kind. My knowledge is no more than that of any other good wife of a lord,” Erestor dismissed. Glorfindel’s face fell as his husband waved his words of awe aside.

“We shall see,” Glorfindel eventually said. “Now come,” he held up his sword.

~*~*~*~

“My Lord Glorfindel, consort Erestor, I apologise for interrupting, but Healer Clorel is here to see you,” a soldier said as he bowed, standing on the edge of the patio.

“Very well, bring him into the dining room,” Glorfindel ordered. The soldier bowed again and left the patio. “Well, we shall have to continue this some other time. I would greatly appreciate another sparring session with you, when you have time. Your skill with the blade, while underdeveloped, is competent and you have great potential, if refined. You are also indeed a worthier opponent than an old oak tree,” Glorfindel grinned.

“I am glad you approve,” Erestor bowed his head. “I hope all my talents meet your standards.”

“I am sure we shall discover that in time,” Glorfindel said, taking Erestor’s sword from him and wrapping both in a grey blanket, which he then held under his arm. Together they walked inside the house and Glorfindel stored the practice swords inside their wardrobe. He went to the bathroom and watched Erestor splash some water on his face. Glorfindel gaze raked over Erestor’s bent form and eventually came to rest on the firmest arse he had ever seen. On their wedding night, he had not been in the right mind to fully enjoy the sight of Erestor’s splendid naked body, too intent on the pleasure he could derive from it. And yesterday the robe Erestor wore covered his body all too well.

Focussing on the slim figure, Glorfindel’s brows drew together and he leant his head to the side. Pushing away from the door, he stepped over to his husband and stood behind him, the worried look still on his face.

Erestor lowered the towel he had been using and straightened up. He jumped upon seeing Glorfindel in the mirror. The blonde gave a small, apologetic smile then wrapped his arms around Erestor, looking into the dark eyes via their reflection in the mirror.

“Did I hurt you? On our wedding night?” Glorfindel asked softly.

“No, why do you ask?” Erestor replied.

“At the time I was so close I did not truly think about what it was I was doing. I took my pleasure from your body, which is so much smaller than my own and gave you no notice.”

“That is not so,” Erestor said determinedly, “you brought me to completion before you thought of your own need.

“Yes, but then I used your body-“

“As is your right.”

“And did not think of your desires again,” Glorfindel finished, ignoring Erestor’s comment.

“It is fine. You do not need to, it is not your role.”

“But I *want* to think of you! I want to touch you in a pleasurable way. I want you to find completion at the same time I do, while I am inside of you,” Glorfindel spoke earnestly. “Tell me truthfully, did I hurt you?”

“It was uncomfortable, but not painful. But please, Clorel is waiting for us. We can talk on this later when we have more time,” Erestor eased out of Glorfindel’s grasp and left the bathroom. A few moments later, the blonde came into view after washing up. Neither said anything as they moved into the dining room.

“Clorel! Thankyou so much for seeing us today,” Glorfindel greeted.

“It is my pleasure,” Clorel said with a bow. Glorfindel held out a chair for Erestor and indicated for Clorel to sit as well. Once everyone was seated, Glorfindel began.

“I am sure you both know the main reason I have asked for this meeting, but there are other matters I would like to discuss, which we shall get to in time, Firstly, the issue everyone seems to have an opinion on… A child. Clorel, I want you to tell Erestor everything you told me yesterday as he seems not to care about the grave consequences it could have on his health,” Glorfindel said almost accusingly.

Clorel looked suspiciously between the newly married couple and felt the tension rising from them.

“I-” Clorel cleared his throat. “I merely said, given your slender body and youth, having a child now could have an adverse effect on your body. I understand the situation you are in and the expectations placed upon you, not to mention Lady Gwendil’s insistence, but I do not recommend it. It would do more harm than good,” Clorel advised.

Erestor took a long, deep breath and moved forward to place his arms on the table, clasping his hands together. “How can you be so sure?” he asked.

“The most recent reported male birth at a young age, with a figure similar to yours ended in disaster. Everything was normal until the birth… the hips were too narrow, copious amounts of blood was lost and it was not long after the child was delivered that the father passed.”

“What of the child?” Erestor asked evenly.

Clorel’s eyes swung to Glorfindel for a moment before looking back at Erestor. “The child, although initially malnourished and small, did survive and lived until she was killed by orcs some seventy years ago.”

“Does it matter?” Glorfindel asked Erestor harshly.

“It does to me.”

“Why?”

“I am here for a great many reasons and though I do have several skills to offer, my ability to give birth is paramount to this marriage. A child right now is more important than what could possibly happen to me,” Erestor answered evenly.

“You think your life is worth less than a being not yet born?” Glorfindel asked incredulously.

“Provided he lives and makes a competent leader, yes.”

Glorfindel grasped Erestor’s forearm. “I can not accept that! A child needs *BOTH* parents! And for as long as having one will be dangerous to you, I refuse to let it happen!”

Erestor stared at Glorfindel impassively and only looked away once he realised Glorfindel would not back down.

“That is your choice,” Erestor said, removing his arms from the table. Glorfindel’s jaw clenched and he turned back to Clorel.

“Now that that is settled, Clorel, who is responsible for you being in your position, as head healer?”

“Your mother promoted me to this position and such decisions remain in her hands until you take your place as Lord of the Golden Flower.”

“I am just concerned that she may take her frustration pertaining to this matter out on you and might demote you. So, for your loyalty on this matter, I am willing to ensure you shall remain in the position once I am made Lord, even if my mother chooses to have you replaced before then,” Glorfindel promised.

“Thankyou. Your faith in me means a lot,” Clorel bowed his head, honoured.

“You are welcome,” Glorfindel returned. He looked at Erestor, whose head was still down-turned, then gazed back at Clorel. “When do you think it will be safe for Erestor to give birth?”

“It is hard to say. I doubt he will grow much more, so I can only suggest a balanced diet with plenty of meat to ensure a healthy body and strong bones, so when the time comes to give birth, he will physically be ready for it. I would recommend waiting until he is at least of age, but I shall have to examine him to be sure closer to that time,” Clorel advised.

Glorfindel bowed his head and nodded. “Do you have a potion to ensure Erestor will not become pregnant, even if he partakes in sexual activities?”

“There is such a potion, but it has not been fully tested yet. Females have the option to choose whether or not to become with child but there have been so few males able to give birth that proper testing has not been possible. The formula as it is, is not one hundred per cent useful. One male, while using the serum became pregnant with twins. It has been altered since then, but there is no way to be sure,” Clorel informed.

“Make some. And these next few years will give you a good opportunity to perfect the potion.”

“With Erestor’s co-operation, I am sure this can be done,” Clorel said cautiously.

“You shall have it,” Glorfindel said bluntly. Clorel looked at Erestor, wanting to give the young one an encouraging smile, but the newlywed would not meet his eye. Everyone was silent for a few seconds before Glorfindel went on. “That is all I wished to discuss, is there anything either of you would like to deliberate?”

Clorel thinned his lips and shook his head. Erestor remained silent and withdrawn.

“No? Then, thankyou for coming Clorel, I greatly appreciate your input,” Glorfindel said sincerely.

“I am ever at your service,” the healer said as he stood, bowing deeply once he was upright. Glorfindel nodded his head in thanks and held an arm out, ‘leading’ Clorel to the door. “Goodbye Erestor,” Clorel called over Glorfindel’s shoulder. “I shall contact you soon so we may start these experiments.

“I shall await your instructions,” Erestor said impassively, raising his head long enough to speak before bowing it again.

Clorel nodded then looked at Glorfindel once more before he left. Glorfindel closed the door behind the healer and leant on the wood, before rounding on Erestor.

“Why did you do that?” he bit out.

“I thought we were here to discuss all possibilities until we had exhausted all avenues and eventually came to a conclusion mutually. I am sorry, I had not realised you had already made your mind up and we were but to follow,” Erestor said impassively. Glorfindel stared at Erestor’s profile for a while and then gave a long, drawn-out sigh, breaking his fierce countenance.

“No, it is I who should apologise,” he said softly and moved to his chair, sitting sideways so he could face Erestor. “You are correct. I did want your input, but I did not like what I heard. It is one thing for my mother to think you are expendable. It is another for you to believe it also!” Glorfindel leaned in closer and picked up Erestor’s hand from the younger elf’s lap and held it softly in his hands. “Please, I could not bear it if I thought for a moment that I had married a replica of my mother!” Glorfindel smiled, relieved, when he saw Erestor’s mouth twitch.

“It is not that I believe my life is expendable, but rather that in this position, many sacrifices must be made. Right now, having a child is far more advantageous than waiting. And if my well-being is considered secondary,” Erestor paused before finally turning his face towards Glorfindel, “then it is a sacrifice I am willing to make, for your sake.”

“And I appreciate that, but *I* do not think it is a risk worth taking. Thankyou for the offer, but truth be told, I am not sure I am ready to have a child just yet. So, I shall keep your words in mind, but once more, it shall be a long time until I am willing to impregnate you.”

“Very well then,” Erestor said stoically and lowered his head.

“Good,” Glorfindel patted Erestor’s hand. “Shall we go for our ride now?”

“Nothing would please me more,” Erestor said cheerfully. Together they walked into their bedroom. Erestor quickly collected a hat while Glorfindel changed his shoes. Walking outside, they made their way to their private stables, passing no one but a few maids and soldiers on the way. They arrived just as their lunch was being delivered and thanked the maid carrying it. The basket was then tied to Erestor’s horse since it wore a saddle and Asfala was less than pleased with the prospect of wearing one himself. Erestor climbed onto his horse with ease while Glorfindel jumped onto his. Without cue, Asfala, leapt out of the stables and took flight. Erestor was alarmed at first to see his husband leave him in the dust, but soon took chase.



TBC





Sorry for the taking so long. Hope you all like it!

Luv Mawgy
This story archived at http://parma.littlebalrog.com/viewstory.php?sid=27