RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Title: Chains Unseen
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha (Thanks!) Mum & Boney
Dedicated to my lovely fans
Rated: PG
Genre: Angst, AU
Warnings: talk about sex
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Strict societal rules constrain everyone. How do two betrothed youths deal with the expectations placed upon them? MPREG!
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)



Chapter 2


Glorfindel woke alone in the bed. Glancing around the room he saw no sign of Erestor but heard movement coming from outside the bedroom doors. Sitting up, the movement of the blanket falling to his lap caught his attention and a small smile crept onto his lips. Leaving the bed, Glorfindel grabbed a light, satin dressing gown from the cupboard and tied it loosely before leaving the room.

Grasping both handles on the double doors, Glorfindel flung them open without warning. Alarmed by the sudden movement, Erestor turned around and bowed to his husband.

“My Lord,” he greeted, “Your mother, Lady Gwendil, has seen fit to grace us with her presence this morning,” Erestor said and moved to the side, allowing Glorfindel view of his mother, whom was already seated at the table.

Glorfindel gave an embarrassed half smile, and walked around the table to greet his mother, tying his robe tighter as he went. “Good morning, mother,” he said, and leant down to kiss his mother’s cheek.

“I trust you slept well?” she asked in response, her eyes darting to Erestor for a moment.

“Quite,” Glorfindel replied. “And you Erestor, how do you fare this fine day?” the blonde asked, addressing his new husband for the first time that morning.

“I am fine, thank you. Would you like me to prepare you a plate?” Erestor offered, knowing the servants would not be present for the first few days of their honeymoon, save for cleaning and leaving food for them.

“Please,” Glorfindel accepted the offer.

Erestor nodded and moved to the sideboard, selecting a balanced breakfast of meat and fruit. Turning around, he saw Glorfindel sitting on the other side of the table to his mother and took the plate to him, placing it on the table soundlessly.

“I shall have the same,” Gwendil simply said, looking at her son’s breakfast. Erestor turned back to the buffet and chose much the same foods as he had done with Glorfindel.

“I hope it is to your liking, my Lady,” he said and placed the plate in front of her.

“It is to mine, though Glorfindel does not like grapes. A good spouse should know such things,” she stated and began eating.

“Oh, I do apologise, I can remove them if you wish,” Erestor offered, looking very apologetic indeed.

“No, it is fine. Actually, I do not mind them if they have been peeled,” Glorfindel countered, his eyes coming to stare warningly at his mother. She gazed right back and continued eating.

Noting the sudden rise in tension, Erestor sought to ease it. “If you like, I can peel them for you.”

“It is fine, why do you not eat instead?”

“Very well, but my offer still stands,” Erestor said, and chose his breakfast, consisting only of fruits and vegetables. Moving back to the table, Erestor placed himself on Glorfindel’s right. Before sitting down, he picked up a jug of water and filled everyone’s glass, starting with Glorfindel’s, then Lady Gwendil’s and lastly his own. Sitting down, he gracefully opened his serviette and placed it on his lap. Picking up his knife and fork, Erestor began slicing his food into impossible bite-sized pieces and ate his tiny morsels of food slowly, barely moving his jaw.

Lady Gwendil watched her son-in-law under a scrutinising gaze and inwardly tutted. Standing, she retrieved the platter of meat from the food laid out for them.

“Erestor, that breakfast can hardly do for someone in your position. Here, you must keep up your strength for the babe,” she said, sweetly, holding out the dish.

Glorfindel spluttered and nearly choked on his food. Erestor looked at Glorfindel and rubbed his back a little as the lord sought to gain control once more. Picking up a napkin, Erestor held it out for his husband before returning his gaze to Gwendil.

“Thank you for your concern my Lady,” he said appreciatively and took the meat from her and laid it beside him. Grasping the serving fork, he dug around the plate, looking for the tough, grisly slices, leaving the better portions for Glorfindel and his mother. An imperceptible smile in her eyes, Gwendil sat down again and continued with her own meal.

Glorfindel took a large swig of his drink and got himself under control.

“Is it not too early to think of such things?” he asked.

“What ‘things’ might that be, Glorfindel?” Erestor asked, when it seemed apparent Gwendil would give no answer.

“Babies. We were just married yesterday, a family should be a long way off yet,” he argued.

Lady Gwendil wiped her mouth and put the napkin down. “Your father is gone. You are now the last of his line. An heir is needed to ensure the survival of this family. The sooner one is announced, the better. Erestor is able to give birth, else your father and I would never have agreed to this pairing. It is best you put your husband’s ability to use, Glorfindel. Erestor was tested by the healers not three days ago and is already able to conceive. I trust you consummated the marriage last night?” she asked bluntly.

“I refuse to have this conversation with you, mother,” Glorfindel said and took a sip of water.

Gwendil turned to Erestor, whom had been trying to avoid being brought into the conversation. Erestor’s eyes were dragged up from the sight of his plate and to Gwendil’s face not of his will. She arched an eyebrow and he reluctantly answered, “We did, my Lady,” and continued looking at her, avoiding the steely gaze now directed at him from Glorfindel.

“Excellent. Later today, Erestor shall be examined once more and you may continue trying tonight. I shall personally see to it that only the finest Healers are involved with the well-being of my grandson.”

“Or grand-daughter,” Glorfindel said dryly.

“Nonsense, there is no need for a daughter until at least one son has been born. No, give me a boy first and then you can have a daughter.”

“You speak as if there is a choice in the matter,” Glorfindel challenged.

“There is. Your father and I wanted a son, that is what I prayed, hoped and thought only of during my pregnancy, and low and behold, you came out. I am sure if Erestor works twice as hard, a boy it shall be,” she said confidently.

“I thought you and father wanted more children after me. Where are they?”

“He did, and though I also said I wished for it too, my heart was not truly in it, and so I did not become with child. In that aspect, I have failed as a wife, and I regret my selfishness every day. Still, there is no reason for Erestor to not want your child, Glorfindel.”

“I am sure there will be some part of Erestor in *our* child too,” Glorfindel spoke lowly.

“True. Provided he has blonde hair, blue eyes, the build of a warrior, and a mind as sharp as mine, nothing else matters. Oh, and of course he cannot have the gift to bear children. That could lead to problems later. Do not pass on your ability, Erestor.”

“Of course not, my Lady. I would not wish to disappoint you,” Erestor bowed his head in compliance.

“Good, though I would think, if by some miracle you are already with child you are not putting enough energy into making this child everything it can be. After you have finished eating, go rest a while and consider your options very carefully,” she ordered and continued eating.

“Yes, my Lady,” Erestor said, and picked up his cutlery once more.

“Erestor is not here to be ordered around by you, mother,” Glorfindel bit out.

Gwendil looked at her son in a challenging way, arching an eyebrow. “True, but since you show no hint of taking charge, I shall have to be the one that moulds him into the perfect wife.”

“For Erestor to be a wife, he would need to be a female. As it is, he is now my husband,” Glorfindel said, and put a light hand on his mate’s slim shoulder. Erestor would have blushed with all this attention, but years of practice and schooling had taught him how to control this instinctual reaction. Instead, he remained motionless, hands folded on his lap while his head was bent.

“Female he is not by gender, but it is the wife’s role he has taken in this marriage and as such, shall be referred to from now on. Now please Glorfindel, you are making a scene. This is hardly a respectable way to start the first morning of your marriage, is it?” Gwendil picked up her cutlery again and started eating.

“You are correct, mother, it is not,” Glorfindel vehemently said, and left the table, banging the bedroom door behind him.

“I do wish you would not upset him so. For lack of a better simile, you are now taking my place in his life, and that is no small expanse. Do not anger him so,” Gwendil rebuked Erestor and took a sip of water.

Erestor’s head raised slowly. “You are correct, my Lady. I shall go apologise to him immediately,” Erestor said and stood. Walking to the door, Gwendil’s voice stopped him.

“It is very rude to leave a lady sitting at a table by herself, especially if that lady is the mother of your new spouse,” she remarked.

“You are correct, again, my Lady. Please forgive my error this once. However, I do feel on this occasion, it is my husband’s forgiveness I must ask for more than yours. If you will excuse me, I must tend to Lord Glorfindel,” he apologetically bowed and made to leave again.

“I shall overlook this morning, I realise you must feel out of your usual comfort zone, but do not forget your place and how easily it can be revoked.”

Erestor nodded his head once and went inside the bedroom. Looking around the room he saw Glorfindel hastily pulling clothes on, not caring how he thrashed as he stepped into them, his limbs pushing harshly at the stitching when they got caught. Erestor silently closed the door and quietly walked towards his husband. Raising his hands, Erestor grasped the material around Glorfindel’s shoulders and lifted it forwards so it would not choke the warrior so and fit more snugly around the back of the neck. With careful hands he pulled the long blonde hair out from beneath the tunic, then smoothed any wrinkles free before taking a step back.

“Thank you,” Glorfindel said calmly, and turned around to look at Erestor. Though the first week of marriage would be seen as a casual affair, away from prying eyes and duties, Erestor had taken a lot of care in his appearance. Glorfindel noticed for the first time that morning that Erestor’s clothes fit his lithe frame ideally, accentuating his features positively, and any accessories matched his garb perfectly. The dark hair had been tied loosely at the back, but several small braids remained free. More remarkable still, thin sliver ribbons had also been wound into the plaits and gave Erestor’s hair a wonderful contrast of both dark and light colours.

Feeling Glorfindel’s eyes roam over his appearance, Erestor felt the need to speak. “I was unsure of what you would be wearing. I hope you find this satisfactory,” Erestor said, one hand running down his light grey silk robe.

“Ah, yes, it is fine,” Glorfindel said less than regally, his eyes and mind too bewitched by the beauty in front of him.

“Would you like me to fetch your shoes?” Erestor asked.

“Not right now, I would rather remain bare-footed right now. Though I would like to apologise for my mother. She had no right speaking to you like that,” Glorfindel said sincerely.

“There is no need to entreat such a request. After all, your mother is correct. I have a role to play in this marriage and it is now her duty to see that it is fulfilled. No good shall come from us defecting from our responsibilities,” Erestor spoke calmly, his eyes looking directly into Glorfindel’s.

“I do not mean to abandon them indefinitely, but there is plenty of time left before we must put them into practice. This is our honeymoon; we should spend the time getting to know one another. I have barely reached my majority and have only just realised who I am as an individual, now as a couple… that is going to take a while to get used to also. I feel that it is just too early for me to consider adding a child into the equation. I would prefer it if we wait a while until you become with child,” Glorfindel suggested.

“I understand your hesitancy in this matter, I myself am eight years away from maturity, but unlike females, I cannot choose to become pregnant when it suits me. With every copulation, my body will either become pregnant or it will not. I have no say over the matter. It is by all standards a marvel that I am able to become with child at this age. Usually males with my ability are unable to do so until well after their majority. Letting this resource go to waste would be unfortunate,” Erestor tried to reason.

“That is a greater incentive to wait. Being so young your body may not be able to endure the stress of being pregnant,” Glorfindel countered.

Erestor refrained from rolling his eyes. “The only way we could be sure to avoid such a possibility would be to abstain from intercourse.”

“I would not mind that. Not that it was not enjoyable,” Glorfindel answered hastily, “but it was my first time so it is not something I would miss doing, like horse riding, which is an activity I partake of every day.”

“If that is your decision, I have no choice but to follow. However, it would be unwise. As long as you do not have an heir, your position is vulnerable and enemies everywhere would be wise to use this opportunity. I wish to do everything in my power to protect you,” Erestor ventured.

A small smile flitted over Glorfindel’s lips and he raised a hand to softly stroke his husband’s soft cheek. “Thank you, that alone puts me at ease. The offer is reciprocated, whether it is from orcs or my mother, I would not want you to suffer needlessly either.”

“I am grateful for your concern,” Erestor bowed his head.

Glorfindel lowered his hand and looked into Erestor’s eyes deeply and felt himself growing hard as images of last night flitted through his mind. Clearing his throat he turned about and sat on the bed. “I think I may go for a ride now, if you could fetch my shoes please.”

“Of course,” Erestor went to the cupboard and pulled from it a pair of mid-shin high boots. Returning to the bed, he sat at Glorfindel’s feet and made to move to put them on his spouse’s feet.

“Aaaah, no thank you, I can do that myself,” Glorfindel jerked backwards and lifted his legs onto the bed, holding a hand out for the footwear.

“I do not mind,” Erestor tried.

“I appreciate the thought, but there is no need. You are not a servant,” Glorfindel reasoned. Erestor gave in and placed the boots in the blonde elf’s hands and elegantly rose from the floor. Standing back, he gave his husband space to finish dressing himself.

“You are welcome to join me, if you wish,” Glorfindel offered.

“Thank you, but I am not suitably dressed. Besides which, your mother shall be sending a healer here today; I would hate to miss him. Rather, I think I shall read on the balcony until you return,” Erestor politely declined.

“Very well. Tomorrow perhaps?”

“Will I not be intruding upon an activity you enjoy so much?”

“Not at all. I do love riding, but company is also much desired. Unless you have other plans…?” Glorfindel ventured.

“Not at all. I accept your kind offer. Thank you,” Erestor responded and inclined his head.

“Very well. I shall be back at lunchtime. I will see you then,” Glorfindel said and looked to Erestor. After a moment’s hesitation, the blonde bent his head and gave a swift kiss to the younger elf’s cheek, then quickly left the room.

Walking to the dresser, Erestor picked up his book on politics and went to the balcony. Opening the doors, he sat down on a chair just inside the room, enjoying the soft breeze and scent of roses wafting on it. Before continuing with his book, Erestor indulged himself with a small smile, glad at how smoothly he and Glorfindel were adjusting to each other. Breakfast could have been better, but after an awkward ceremony and consummation, things had definitely taken a turn for the better. The marriage seemed to have much potential to it. Turning to his book, Erestor began reading, an unconscious hand stroking his stomach in hope.


TBC









So… anyone hate Gwendil as much as I do? :D

Luv Mawgy