RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
Title: Chains Unseen
Author: Mawgy
Beta: Naresha (Thanks!) Mum & Boney
Dedicated to my lovely fans
Rated: PG
Genre: Angst, AU
Warnings: talk about sex
Pairing: Erestor/Glorfindel
Summary: Strict societal rules constrain everyone. How do two betrothed youths deal with the expectations placed upon them? MPREG!
Disclaimer: I own nothing and am making no money from this story… I just like to play with other people’s toys. ;)




Chapter 5





Glorfindel woke to a fresh breeze floating across his face, the smell of budding flowers wafting upon the air. Turning to the side, he found Erestor’s half of the bed empty and the sheets straightened. Movement in the room caught his attention and he shifted his gaze to Erestor’s form exiting the wash room, carrying his pyjamas back to his wardrobe. Glorfindel watched his petite husband and frowned at how much slimmer the skin-tight lemon coloured leggings and tunic made him look. Deciding to broach the subject later with Clorel, Glorfindel opted for a cheerier greeting.

“Erestor… You are far too early a riser for me,” he joked and flopped his head back onto the pillow. Erestor’s lips curled in amusement as he closed the cupboard door.

“It is merely the time I am accustomed to waking,” he answered easily.

“Aaah… a habit I shall personally see is broken,” Glorfindel smiled cheekily.

“You may try, however, with duties abound soon to ensue, I doubt it will be my pattern that shall alter,” Erestor countered consolingly.

“Awww, my short sleep-ins are one of the few things I look forward to each day… please do not take them away from me,” Glorfindel moped and pulled what he considered to be a cute, pitiful expression.

“I shall do my best to ensure the survival of your late mornings and it will not be of my doing should they dwindle in number or quality,” Erestor reassured.

“Glad to hear it,” Glorfindel nodded his head, yawning as he stretched.

“It is a fine day outside. If you like, I could have the maids pack a lunch for us to eat while out on our horse ride,” Erestor offered.

“That sounds like a fine idea,” Glorfindel agreed as he rolled out of bed. “However, Clorel said he would come over today the same time as yesterday, so perhaps we should go for our ride after he leaves and have a late lunch.”

“That is fine with me. I shall make the arrangements,” Erestor said with a small bow and made to leave.

“There is no need to be so hasty, if you would rather bathe first…” Glorfindel offered.

“Thankyou, but I have already washed. There is clean hot water in the tub for you though, if you like.”

“Far too early,” Glorfindel said softly with a kind smile and shake of the head. “Very well then. Also, tell the stable hands to ready the horses for us. I for one would like to leave as soon as possible.” He stretched one last time, then rolled out of bed.

“Of course,” Erestor said compliantly.

Glorfindel headed for the bathroom but stopped near the doorway, his brow furrowed as he studied an orange coloured set of his clothes draped over a chair. “What are these doing out?” he asked himself softly, his arm stretching out to brush the leggings. Behind him, Erestor turned away and went to inform the maids of their plans. After a moment of contemplation, Glorfindel shrugged and just picked up the clothes, taking them to the bathing chamber with him.

Whilst Glorfindel bathed, Erestor made the bed and cleaned up a little. Not long after, he heard breakfast being delivered and went to inform the maid of their plans. He also made a plate for his husband and laid it out on the table just as Glorfindel walked in the door.

“I hope you are hungry,” Erestor said cheerfully, indicating to the food laid out for Glorfindel.

“I am, thankyou,” Glorfindel smiled and pulled out the chair to sit down. Picking up his knife and fork, he started cutting into his bacon. Erestor poured some water for them both then turned back to the sideboard. Returning to the table, he placed his breakfast down, then lay a large bowl of peeled grapes close to Glorfindel, making eye contact as he did so, giving a small, hopeful smile.

“Thankyou, but you do not have to do this,” Glorfindel said.

Erestor looked at him intently for a moment, then broke into an easy smile. “So you keep saying.”

“So I mean!” Glorfindel half shouted in earnest. Erestor sobered and stared at the blonde for a moment before looking away and cautiously sank down onto his chair. Glorfindel watched his husband warily. Slowly, Erestor began eating breakfast, avoiding any contact with Glorfindel and the blonde had no plans to disrupt this uneasy silence either.

~*~*~*~

“Would you like to do something before Clorel arrives?” Erestor asked, piling the used plates to the side.

Glorfindel sighed as he watched Erestor clean up. “No, nothing in particular.”

“Do you mind if I read?”

“No, go ahead,” Glorfindel said, wiped his mouth and roughly threw his napkin on the table before walking out of the room.

~*~*~*~

Erestor heard a blunt ‘thunk’ sound as he sat in a high chair near the empty fireplace. He looked at the open balcony doors and pursed his lips. He listened carefully and when the noise did not come again, he turned his attention back to his book. Two sentences later and the sound came again. Sighing, Erestor closed his book and lay it to the side. Not wanting to aggravate his spouse’s bad temper any further, he cautiously moved towards the open doors and out onto the balcony. On the far edge of their private garden, Glorfindel was half-naked, battling a tree with a wooden sword.

Smiling indulgently, Erestor leant on the railing and watched Glorfindel in silence for some minutes. A bird flew from the tree, catching Erestor’s attention, and landed just near another practice sword, which Erestor had failed to notice before. Smiling to himself, he hoped his invitation would not be met with hostility.

“Care for a sparring partner?” Erestor offered, rounding the terrace.

“You can handle a sword?” Glorfindel asked, not turning around. Erestor was not surprised at Glorfindel’s lack of surprise.

“I can spar adequately enough. I doubt I will be a worthy opponent, but surely a greater one than an old oak tree,” Erestor boasted, stopping in front of the sword, but did not pick it up.

“What else can you do?” Glorfindel asked and pointed his chin at the sword.

“There are many skills I possess,” Erestor said, bending over, “but I am not especially proficient in any one particularly. However, I can cook, clean, fight, write music, play several instruments, design, draw, paint, sew, embroider, decorate, gardening, seduction, healing-”

“Seduction?”

“Yes,” Erestor smiled awkwardly and looked down. “Romance and the art of seduction are amongst the first talents I learnt, once I was deemed old enough. All theory, of course.”

“So… You have never tried it on anyone before?” Glorfindel asked, his eyes surveying Erestor’s form closely.

“I have not tried to seduce anyone whom was not watching for my technical prowess.”

“Hmmm, well, perhaps I should be the first to see a demonstration of your wiles,” Glorfindel winked.

“It would be my honour. After all, everything I learnt I did so for you,” Erestor looked up again and maintained eye contact.

“It … certainly sounds as though you will never be bored, and I shall enjoy my lifetime learning many wonderful things about you,” Glorfindel complimented.

“You are too kind. My knowledge is no more than that of any other good wife of a lord,” Erestor dismissed. Glorfindel’s face fell as his husband waved his words of awe aside.

“We shall see,” Glorfindel eventually said. “Now come,” he held up his sword.

~*~*~*~

“My Lord Glorfindel, consort Erestor, I apologise for interrupting, but Healer Clorel is here to see you,” a soldier said as he bowed, standing on the edge of the patio.

“Very well, bring him into the dining room,” Glorfindel ordered. The soldier bowed again and left the patio. “Well, we shall have to continue this some other time. I would greatly appreciate another sparring session with you, when you have time. Your skill with the blade, while underdeveloped, is competent and you have great potential, if refined. You are also indeed a worthier opponent than an old oak tree,” Glorfindel grinned.

“I am glad you approve,” Erestor bowed his head. “I hope all my talents meet your standards.”

“I am sure we shall discover that in time,” Glorfindel said, taking Erestor’s sword from him and wrapping both in a grey blanket, which he then held under his arm. Together they walked inside the house and Glorfindel stored the practice swords inside their wardrobe. He went to the bathroom and watched Erestor splash some water on his face. Glorfindel gaze raked over Erestor’s bent form and eventually came to rest on the firmest arse he had ever seen. On their wedding night, he had not been in the right mind to fully enjoy the sight of Erestor’s splendid naked body, too intent on the pleasure he could derive from it. And yesterday the robe Erestor wore covered his body all too well.

Focussing on the slim figure, Glorfindel’s brows drew together and he leant his head to the side. Pushing away from the door, he stepped over to his husband and stood behind him, the worried look still on his face.

Erestor lowered the towel he had been using and straightened up. He jumped upon seeing Glorfindel in the mirror. The blonde gave a small, apologetic smile then wrapped his arms around Erestor, looking into the dark eyes via their reflection in the mirror.

“Did I hurt you? On our wedding night?” Glorfindel asked softly.

“No, why do you ask?” Erestor replied.

“At the time I was so close I did not truly think about what it was I was doing. I took my pleasure from your body, which is so much smaller than my own and gave you no notice.”

“That is not so,” Erestor said determinedly, “you brought me to completion before you thought of your own need.

“Yes, but then I used your body-“

“As is your right.”

“And did not think of your desires again,” Glorfindel finished, ignoring Erestor’s comment.

“It is fine. You do not need to, it is not your role.”

“But I *want* to think of you! I want to touch you in a pleasurable way. I want you to find completion at the same time I do, while I am inside of you,” Glorfindel spoke earnestly. “Tell me truthfully, did I hurt you?”

“It was uncomfortable, but not painful. But please, Clorel is waiting for us. We can talk on this later when we have more time,” Erestor eased out of Glorfindel’s grasp and left the bathroom. A few moments later, the blonde came into view after washing up. Neither said anything as they moved into the dining room.

“Clorel! Thankyou so much for seeing us today,” Glorfindel greeted.

“It is my pleasure,” Clorel said with a bow. Glorfindel held out a chair for Erestor and indicated for Clorel to sit as well. Once everyone was seated, Glorfindel began.

“I am sure you both know the main reason I have asked for this meeting, but there are other matters I would like to discuss, which we shall get to in time, Firstly, the issue everyone seems to have an opinion on… A child. Clorel, I want you to tell Erestor everything you told me yesterday as he seems not to care about the grave consequences it could have on his health,” Glorfindel said almost accusingly.

Clorel looked suspiciously between the newly married couple and felt the tension rising from them.

“I-” Clorel cleared his throat. “I merely said, given your slender body and youth, having a child now could have an adverse effect on your body. I understand the situation you are in and the expectations placed upon you, not to mention Lady Gwendil’s insistence, but I do not recommend it. It would do more harm than good,” Clorel advised.

Erestor took a long, deep breath and moved forward to place his arms on the table, clasping his hands together. “How can you be so sure?” he asked.

“The most recent reported male birth at a young age, with a figure similar to yours ended in disaster. Everything was normal until the birth… the hips were too narrow, copious amounts of blood was lost and it was not long after the child was delivered that the father passed.”

“What of the child?” Erestor asked evenly.

Clorel’s eyes swung to Glorfindel for a moment before looking back at Erestor. “The child, although initially malnourished and small, did survive and lived until she was killed by orcs some seventy years ago.”

“Does it matter?” Glorfindel asked Erestor harshly.

“It does to me.”

“Why?”

“I am here for a great many reasons and though I do have several skills to offer, my ability to give birth is paramount to this marriage. A child right now is more important than what could possibly happen to me,” Erestor answered evenly.

“You think your life is worth less than a being not yet born?” Glorfindel asked incredulously.

“Provided he lives and makes a competent leader, yes.”

Glorfindel grasped Erestor’s forearm. “I can not accept that! A child needs *BOTH* parents! And for as long as having one will be dangerous to you, I refuse to let it happen!”

Erestor stared at Glorfindel impassively and only looked away once he realised Glorfindel would not back down.

“That is your choice,” Erestor said, removing his arms from the table. Glorfindel’s jaw clenched and he turned back to Clorel.

“Now that that is settled, Clorel, who is responsible for you being in your position, as head healer?”

“Your mother promoted me to this position and such decisions remain in her hands until you take your place as Lord of the Golden Flower.”

“I am just concerned that she may take her frustration pertaining to this matter out on you and might demote you. So, for your loyalty on this matter, I am willing to ensure you shall remain in the position once I am made Lord, even if my mother chooses to have you replaced before then,” Glorfindel promised.

“Thankyou. Your faith in me means a lot,” Clorel bowed his head, honoured.

“You are welcome,” Glorfindel returned. He looked at Erestor, whose head was still down-turned, then gazed back at Clorel. “When do you think it will be safe for Erestor to give birth?”

“It is hard to say. I doubt he will grow much more, so I can only suggest a balanced diet with plenty of meat to ensure a healthy body and strong bones, so when the time comes to give birth, he will physically be ready for it. I would recommend waiting until he is at least of age, but I shall have to examine him to be sure closer to that time,” Clorel advised.

Glorfindel bowed his head and nodded. “Do you have a potion to ensure Erestor will not become pregnant, even if he partakes in sexual activities?”

“There is such a potion, but it has not been fully tested yet. Females have the option to choose whether or not to become with child but there have been so few males able to give birth that proper testing has not been possible. The formula as it is, is not one hundred per cent useful. One male, while using the serum became pregnant with twins. It has been altered since then, but there is no way to be sure,” Clorel informed.

“Make some. And these next few years will give you a good opportunity to perfect the potion.”

“With Erestor’s co-operation, I am sure this can be done,” Clorel said cautiously.

“You shall have it,” Glorfindel said bluntly. Clorel looked at Erestor, wanting to give the young one an encouraging smile, but the newlywed would not meet his eye. Everyone was silent for a few seconds before Glorfindel went on. “That is all I wished to discuss, is there anything either of you would like to deliberate?”

Clorel thinned his lips and shook his head. Erestor remained silent and withdrawn.

“No? Then, thankyou for coming Clorel, I greatly appreciate your input,” Glorfindel said sincerely.

“I am ever at your service,” the healer said as he stood, bowing deeply once he was upright. Glorfindel nodded his head in thanks and held an arm out, ‘leading’ Clorel to the door. “Goodbye Erestor,” Clorel called over Glorfindel’s shoulder. “I shall contact you soon so we may start these experiments.

“I shall await your instructions,” Erestor said impassively, raising his head long enough to speak before bowing it again.

Clorel nodded then looked at Glorfindel once more before he left. Glorfindel closed the door behind the healer and leant on the wood, before rounding on Erestor.

“Why did you do that?” he bit out.

“I thought we were here to discuss all possibilities until we had exhausted all avenues and eventually came to a conclusion mutually. I am sorry, I had not realised you had already made your mind up and we were but to follow,” Erestor said impassively. Glorfindel stared at Erestor’s profile for a while and then gave a long, drawn-out sigh, breaking his fierce countenance.

“No, it is I who should apologise,” he said softly and moved to his chair, sitting sideways so he could face Erestor. “You are correct. I did want your input, but I did not like what I heard. It is one thing for my mother to think you are expendable. It is another for you to believe it also!” Glorfindel leaned in closer and picked up Erestor’s hand from the younger elf’s lap and held it softly in his hands. “Please, I could not bear it if I thought for a moment that I had married a replica of my mother!” Glorfindel smiled, relieved, when he saw Erestor’s mouth twitch.

“It is not that I believe my life is expendable, but rather that in this position, many sacrifices must be made. Right now, having a child is far more advantageous than waiting. And if my well-being is considered secondary,” Erestor paused before finally turning his face towards Glorfindel, “then it is a sacrifice I am willing to make, for your sake.”

“And I appreciate that, but *I* do not think it is a risk worth taking. Thankyou for the offer, but truth be told, I am not sure I am ready to have a child just yet. So, I shall keep your words in mind, but once more, it shall be a long time until I am willing to impregnate you.”

“Very well then,” Erestor said stoically and lowered his head.

“Good,” Glorfindel patted Erestor’s hand. “Shall we go for our ride now?”

“Nothing would please me more,” Erestor said cheerfully. Together they walked into their bedroom. Erestor quickly collected a hat while Glorfindel changed his shoes. Walking outside, they made their way to their private stables, passing no one but a few maids and soldiers on the way. They arrived just as their lunch was being delivered and thanked the maid carrying it. The basket was then tied to Erestor’s horse since it wore a saddle and Asfala was less than pleased with the prospect of wearing one himself. Erestor climbed onto his horse with ease while Glorfindel jumped onto his. Without cue, Asfala, leapt out of the stables and took flight. Erestor was alarmed at first to see his husband leave him in the dust, but soon took chase.



TBC





Sorry for the taking so long. Hope you all like it!

Luv Mawgy