RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Elrond and Glorfindel are sitting in companionable silence in Elrond's study, each musing the merits of the particular vintage they are currently imbibing. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the trees are being appropriately leafy, and all is well... Almost

Intermittently at first, then building in frequency and volume until it can no longer be politely ignored is a string of rather "colorful" Dwarvish language. As the descriptive curses become ever more inventive, even Elrond's unflappable demeanor takes on an appearance of longsuffering. 

Glorfindel sighs. "Sounds like Cyberjunkie's new pet has turned on him again..." 

Elrond echoes Glorfindel's sigh, carefully places his glass on the table beside him, and begins massaging between his eyebrows. 

"I'm beginning to think this wasn't such a great idea after all," he mumbles. "It's been like this since he learned how to IM Aglarond every time the wretched thing so much as hiccups..." 

Glorfindel, ever the optimist, grins. "It isn't all bad...It's kept him, and therefore ME, out of Wal-Mart for a good while- thank the Valar!" 

Elrond leans forward, his head in his hands. "Erestor talks to it, you know...and the language program isn't even activated" 

"So he's eccentric. He's been talking to himself for hundreds of years." 

"Not like that" Elrond moans. "Where did he learn such language? I'm supposed to be the lore master and he's making me blush." 

"I'm afraid you'll have to blame Gimli for that one, too. Erestor's still not as verbally prolific as Legolas, so we can be thankful for a few small favors." 

Elrond drops back in his chair, staring at the elaborately carved ceiling. He frowns. "Cobwebs." 

Confused, Glorfindel also looks up. "Uh-Oh…"

 "Cobwebs!" Elrond repeats. “He’s neglecting supervision of the housekeeping staff again.” Elrond abruptly stands, assuming the full stern dignity for which he has become notorious. "This cannot continue...I'm going to have a talk with him."

 Glorfindel laughs. "Before or after you wash his mouth out with soap?" 

Elrond pauses thoughtfully at the door, with a sly smile. "Now THAT, my friend is an excellent idea..."TBC