RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
The first couple of chapters starts where her beginnings began before she was born. It also starts the time before Columbus before the five actually go into the past. Way past!

Around the year 1460

He was washed up upon the shore slightly injured and unconscious. His name is Otetiani. Also along the shore and unconscious were Garakonthie and Gawasowaneh his cousins and his two friends Dadgayodah and Daganawidah. Their uneventful trip had started in a place we know today as "North America" around the New York and Canada area. For them it was home, it was "The Great Turtle Island." But now they were no where near their precious home. They lay on the sandy ground slowly coming out of their state of unconsciousness. One of the cousins were the first
to sit up and look around at their surroundings. Shaking himself out of his shock of where they ended up, he slowly got up to check on the other four.
Seeing that there were no serious injuries, he started to gently shake them.

"Come on Gawasowaneh! Wake up and help me get the others up!"Garakonthie said looking around at the others. Gawasowaneh waved his hand at his brother "No.. Go away! I'm having a nice dream with that pretty maiden we know!"

Garakonthie looked at his brother a little annoyed and shook him even harder.
"Come on now brother! Get up and help with the other three and stop your goofy dreaming of maidens,” Gawasowaneh peeked with one eye from under his arm at his brother and smiled mischievously. “Okay, okay I'm up! But I am going to finish that exciting dream later!"

Garakonthie shook his head. "You and your dalliances with the maidens", he chuckled"Only you would dream such dreams in any kind of predicament you might be in! You are impossible!"

"But it helps though!" Gawasowaneh replied.

The two were twins. Garakonthie, the eldest of the two was very level headed and serious. He was the more responsible of the two. Gawasowaneh on the other hand was charming, witty, flirtatious, and light-hearted and somehow was always getting himself into some kind of trouble. Sometimes involving his older sibling which Garakonthie hated. He was always there to help his younger brother out when he was in trouble. Especially when it involved the fathers of the maidens his younger brother would be caught with. But now it was just him, his brother, their cousin, and their two friends. Garakonthie noticed the leader of the group was sitting up now and went to him. “Otetiani you okay? Come on get up and look where we have landed. It doesn't look anything like the home! The captain of that ship said he was taking us to some place called ' I-n-g-l-a-n-d?'."

Otetiani got up along with his two friends and surveyed the area they were at. "Yes he did say that. I don't even know what ' In gland*' is suppose to look like?! But one thing I do know and that is we won't be sold as slaves to anyone now. The captain and his crew are dead. So we are saved from that for now... I hope...” he added as an afterthought.

Dadgayodah said, "Well I don't know either, but I already don't like this place and wish to go back home, if it's still there."

They all just stood there and reflected upon what had happened to their people and their village. They didn't even know how long they were adrift before they ended up on the strange land. All they knew was that they were very hungry and thirsty and very far from home.

So they looked around to see what they could use to make some kind of weapon for hunting. There were some good pieces of driftwood scattered on the beach and some stout branches on the trees about them. So they decided to make spears and use knives that they had confiscated from the ship they were on. They also had rope that they liberated as well. They used the rope to tie the knives at the end of four long branches to make spears. When they were done they decided to walk inland to try their luck at hunting anything.

As luck would have it (and what luck it was) that a quarter of a mile away from where they started, a good-sized boar came out of a bush and came straight at them. They were too fast for it and threw their spears at it with extreme accuracy. They quickly skinned and cleaned it and saved the hide.

A fire was made on the beach with two heavy wooden poles stuck in the ground about four feet apart. They stuck another spiked pole through the boar and put it on the top of the notched poles over the fire. While the boar was cooking they cleaned the hide of the fat and hair off it and stretched it on four large sturdy branches and tied it with what was left of the rope they had. They put it near the fire to dry it out. They were intending to use the hide to make some water pouches for their travel. They had also cut some tendons to use for sewing up the pouches and would use some bones they removed for needles.

The brothers decided to check out the small creek they saw where they just caught the boar and see if it was good for drinking. They both knelt down by the creek and cupped their hands to dip into the cool water. When they dipped their hands in they quickly took a sip of the cool water and decided it was drinkable. So they went back and informed the others that the water was cool and good tasting.

Daganawidah, who loved to cook, tested the boar to see if it was cooked. "We can eat now,”
he told to the group. So they went to the boar and pulled off the meat and sat down and ate their fill.

"That was delicious, but I think I ate to much!" Gawasowaneh groaned. "Me too!"
Dadgayodah said groaning also.

The other three just looked at them laughing and decided to go and take a drink from the creek. When they came back Otetiani said "Let us offer up a prayer to the Great Spirit for our fortune today."

"Yes that would be a good idea." Garakonthie said. They all agreed. SoOtetiani
offered up a prayer of thanksgiving from all of them to the GreatSpirit.

"Oh Great Spirit we want to offer up our prayers of thanksgiving to you. You have saved us from the hands of the strangers, have sent us here for whatever reason you have in store for us. You have provided us with this meal and water to drink. We thank you for this and for each other Great Spirit and now we wait for where you will lead us. In the Great Spirit’s name! Aho!" They all said in unison.

The five of them sat near the fire as they all started to reflect on the past couple of day’s events that had put them in their present dilemma.

Otetiani remembered it all:

It was a nice day and the people of his village were going about their own business as they did everyday. Suddenly one of their warriors staggered in through the gates of their village. They had two posts, one within the village and one in the trees where they had platforms high up to guard the outside borders of their village. There where about thirty warriors there. The warrior who staggered in told them he was the only one to make it to the village so far. There were light skinned strangers coming to the village with strange loud weapons. They are being attacked by these outsiders and the warriors were dying fast! The loud weapons were ripping through their bodies like cloth.

The young warrior himself was injured with a large hole to his chest. He didn't get to say anymore because he had lost a lot of blood which was quickly ebbing his life away. They didn't know what to do for him except find a way to staunch the bleeding. But it was too late! He died a moment later. The alarm went up and all the warriors were called up to help fight these outsiders. They could hear the loud blasting noises from a distance. There was a panic within the village.

Otetiani called for ten warriors to lead the people to safety and told the warriors to take the women and children and the elders to the hiding place that was built for them.

Just then two warriors had come through the gate, one was not injured but the one he was carrying was. “Chief Otetiani!" the warrior breathlessly shouted. "There are too many of them! There are many hundreds. They carry strange weapons that is loud and destructive. It puts holes in our bodies!"

A group of warriors took the injured warrior from him and was attempting to stop the bleeding. But he drew his last breath and died on the ground they laid him on. They put him in one of the houses and laid him on a bed.

Otetiani ask the young warrior who was not injured what happened.

“They came upon us and asked where they could find the Winono's. We told them we didn't know what they are talking about! They called us Filthy lying savages. They said we can't hide the Winono's from them. They want them for their longevity and secrets for staying young and disease-less. We told them no, we will not reveal the whereabouts of the Sacred Ancients to anyone no matter what! They said to us, 'Then you will all die like filthy pigs that you are!' That is when the battle started.” The young warrior told them.

“We will not let them kill our people nor will we let them know where the Winono's live!" Otetiani told the warriors and his people. He turned to the ten warriors he assigned to take the people to safety and said " Take the people to the hiding place the Winono's built for us and their people. Take this message to the Winono's as soon as you can and the people are safe. Tell them this that Chief Otetiani is sending his people to the hiding place because we are under attack. We must take them there because strangers from another land are seeking
you out. They want you because you are the ancient ones and want to know your secrets. We made an oath to you long ago through our ancestors that we would never reveal the whereabouts of your people. I fear that they would torture you and destroy you with their greed for long life. We may not make it out alive, but at least our people and yours will be safe! Go now and take our people to safety and stay with them." Otetiani told the warriors.

So the people were led out of the village through the back of the village gates. The only thing was, it would not be easy as they would have to go through rough grounds in a round about way to get to the forest where the Winono's were. It would be rough travel through hills and rocky terrain, but there was no other way.

Otetiani, his cousins, his friends and all the other warriors who stayed behind got themselves ready for a long hard battle with these strangers from another land (or so they thought it would be long). The strangers came to the gates. There were many of them carrying those strange weapons.

The leader shouted to Otetiani who was standing on a ledge at the top of the gate with his warriors. "Give us the location of the Winono's and we will not destroy your village and will let your people live!"

Otetiani looked at them in utter disgust and shouted back. "No, we will not give you anything. You people are greedy and want them for your own personal gain!
The ancients are not going to be treated so disrespectfully nor will they leave with any of you. They just want to be left alone in peace!"

"We are not greedy, nor do we wish to harm them! We just wish to speak to them and ask them how they live so long and not get sick. We want to know their secrets about what they use, eat, or even drink to stay so young and healthy! Be reasonable and let us know where they are, and nobody will get hurt! Who is in charge of this village anyway?" The leader asked.

"I am the one whom you have been speaking to all this time! I am Otetiani chief of this village and I say again NO! Go back where you came from, we will not yield to your demands. We had made an oath to the Winono's and intend to keep
it! We are prepared to fight and let the secret die with us if it means to
protect our people and the Winono's. Now go or prepare to fight!" Otetiani
shouted back to the man.

The leader was angry at Otetiani. "You have made a grave mistake you heathen savage! Now all of your people and you will die for not giving us what we want. We will not leave empty handed. We will find them ourselves without your help and you can't stop us!"

So began the fighting, Otetiani and his warriors against the outsiders from another land. The warriors fought hard against the outsiders with their excellent bow skills, they were extreme archers. They killed many of the outsiders with their speed, but they still were no match against the loud weapons the outsiders possessed with them. They ripped through their bodies killing a lot of warriors instantly or leaving them with mortal wounds.
Otetiani's warriors were dropping like fall leaves till there were only fifteen left of them including Otetiani, his twin cousin's and two close friends.

They were captured and brought before the leader, "Bind them with chains, their feet, hands, and necks." So all fifteen were bound with chains and dragged to two of many boats on the shore. They were made to turn around and look towards their village and surrounding forest area. They watched helplessly as the village and the surrounding forest were set on fire. They were hoping to draw out the Winono's from out of the forest, but no one came. “See what we had to do because of your stubbornness!" The man retorted. "Take them to the ships now! As they rowed to the ships the fifteen warriors couldn't help but turn around and see the thick black smoke that was coming from the village and forest. Otetiani said a small prayer to himself, 'Great Spirit I have confidence you have led my people to safety along with the Winono's and I thank you'.

As they neared the ships the leader told them to take the ten that were on another boat to the second ship into the lower quarters. Otetiani and his four comrades were to go on the first ship. As they were taken below the ship, they were greeted by the captain of that ship.

"Hello, my name is Captain John Gibbs of the SEA WORTHY here. I understand you know the whereabouts of the 'Great Ancient Winono's of this land! I would very much like to know where they are so that we can talk to them and see if they will come with us. We will treat them royally and provide them with anything they want; provided they help us with information we would like to get from them. Then we will bring them right back to where ever they live. So I have a proposition for you! If you can provide us with the information we seek on their whereabouts, but we will provide food for you and help you rebuild your village for you! Now how does that sound? Good doesn't it. So how about it will you give us the information please!"

Otetiani looked suspiciously and then looked at his comrades. They all had the same look on their faces as well. They all knew the captain was lying. Otetiani thought to himself 'these people are treacherous, murderous, and liars. They would most likely kill us any-ways The other four comrades shook their heads no. So Otetiani told the captain, "No, we will not betray the Ancient ones or our people!"

This made the captain angry "NO? Well then maybe my men here should show you heathen savages some manners and respect to your superiors! Gentlemen please teach these savages how to obey and respect us when we ask for something!"

At that request the men grabbed Gawasowaneh to take him upstairs. "NO!"
Garakonthie yelled! "Take me first, I will go first” The first mate who was present came up to Garakonthie and kicked him in the stomach and then proceeded to punch him in the mouth, which caused it to bleed

. "Shut your dirty filthy savage stinking mouth, ya heathen! You'll get your turn next!" The other men with him just laughed at him.

"Do not worry my brother, I will be alright." Gawasowaneh said as he was being
dragged up the stairs.

Garakonthie yelled,"Gawasowaneh stay strong!!" He started to struggle with the chains trying to yank them off. He wanted to go and help his brother.

"Stop struggling with the chains Garakonthie save your strength. Soon it will be our turn at the hands of those evil men." No sooner had he said that, that the captain came down with the same men with Gawasowaneh.

"It’s a lucky day for you! Instead of beating the tar out of you, I've decided that you would be more worth to me alive than dead. So when we get back to England you will be sold as slaves to the highest bidders. I know for a fact you will bring me a pretty penny, especially from those loved starved rich women who like to have love slaves around. So men do not bruise the merchandise, or I won't be able to sell them. Get them cleaned up and get them some clothes to wear." So the men got large buckets of water and threw it on them. They took large deck brushes and started to scrub them with soapy water.

Otetiani did not like what they were doing to him and his comrades, and besides that the brushes were very rough and scratched their skin. They fought against the men who were extremely rough with them, but the chains inhibited them from doing much. The men then ripped and cut their leggings and breeclouts off of them leaving them naked. They left them there for a few minutes.

The first mate came back with a pile of clothing and shot it at them. "Get dressed!” he growled at them.

"We can't, we have chains on!" Otetiani said.

"Hey someone get the keys for these savages!" He yelled up the stairs. A moment later two men came down with the keys. " We will only give you pants to wear, so I will only take off the leg chains. Now hurry up!"

So Otetiani and his comrades dressed while the men watched. When they were done they put the leg chains back on.

Meanwhile back in the Captains quarters he was pacing back and forth, feeling more nervous by the minute. Feeling anxiety creeping up on him, his fears were growing inside. He was supposed to bring back the Winono's anyway he can at all costs no matter what he had to do. But he failed and that is what was causing him to be nervous. ‘It’s all their faults those stupid savages! They won't tell me anything. It's their entire fault, and they should be punished! He thought. 'I could lose my ship or even worse lose my life for this! "OH HELL WITH THIS!!" he said loudly. So he called his first mate in.

"Aye Captain?" he said.

"I’ve changed my mind. Take some men down there and beat them. Maybe they will change their mind and decide to tell us where the Winono's are." He told the first mate while staring out the window.

"Aye Captain, will do right away!" He said happily. So he gathered up ten men told them what they are to do and they all went down to carry out the task. They had whips and clubs with them.

"Someone is coming!" Otetiani said.

“Sounds like many feet coming!" Garakonthie said.

Then the first mate came down with his men. "Alright ya dirty savages; the Captain has changed his mind. If you survive then maybe he can still sell what ever is left of you! He wants to know where them Ancients are and be quick about the answer! If you don't tell us then we have orders to beat you which I don't mind one bit! Now what is the answer!"

"I told the Captain we will not tell you anything about the ancients because we gave them an oath that we would never tell anyone of their whereabouts and that is final! We will die first than to betray them. We would rather die, letting the secret die with us!" Otetiani said proudly.

"Then you will get your wish, dumb savages!" So the men proceeded to beat them hard with their weapons until they were exhausted. When none of the five stirred the men cleaned themselves off from the blood of the five and went upstairs.

When he was sure they were gone Otetiani very slowly sat up and called on the others. "Garakonthie, Gawasowaneh! Are you okay?!" They moaned a little as they sat up slowly.

"Yes we are okay." Garakonthie said slowly. Gawasowaneh just nodded weakly.

"Dadgayodah ,Deganawidah! Are you Okay?!...no answer. “Come on you two they are gone you can sit up now!"....still no answer and this worried him. They were on the other side of the room they were in and it was dark with only one small window, so they could barely see each other except for Otetiani who could see everyone just fine.

"They can't be dead Otetiani?" Garakonthie asked worriedly.

“No they are not dead," Otetiani answered him, “I can see them breathing. They are just unconscious. I will try to see if I can do anything for them. So he made his way painfully to them only to find he could not reach them. Since they were chained together except for the two, the cousins and Otetiani pivoted together. Finally he was able to reach them with Darak who was the closest to them helping out.

Meanwhile the first mate went to the captain’s quarters to discuss the situation of the five men. The first mate thought to himself, 'The captain is not going to like this one bit, no sir, he is not going to!" Just before he knocked on the door, he nervously wiped his sweaty hands on his pants and then knocked.

"Come in!" the captain bellowed loudly. "Ah...captain. Sir.” he hesitated before going on. "We did as you asked ..but they still refused to tell us anything.
They said they would rather die than give us the location and all.” He said quietly.

"WHAT!! They still refuse to tell us!" He practically screamed at the first mate. The captain started to pace very fast and angrily across the floor and then he stopped. "Well I was afraid of that and had already talked to the other captain on the other ship, just in case they refused. I will give a message to the other captain that we will proceed as planned. Give us a bit of time and then bring them up here!" he instructed the first mate.

"Aye captain."

Otetiani started to tend to the two badly injured friends. His cousins as bad as they were came over to help tend to the unconscious two. Gawasowaneh found some kind of drinking device that had water in it.

"Here is some water we can clean them up with." he said to Otetiani.

Otetiani took it and proceeded to clean them up slowly. While he was doing that the other two found some old cloth and ripped them in strips to use on the wounds. The two friends were beaten the worse because they were trying to protect their chief and friend Otetiani, which he had told them not to in the first place. Their loyalty was too strong to not do what they felt was right. To protect their leader.

Just then they heard some of the men come down the stairs. "They are coming again Otetiani!" Garakonthie said with an alarmed look. Otetiani told his cousins to lie down and pretend to be unconscious.

"Okay now, you are to come with us. We have a nice surprise waiting for you up on deck!" The first mate said sarcastically. "Okay men get them up and take them up on deck."

"Sir what do we do with these two. They ain't movi'n, ain't breath'n. I think they are dead!" One man told him while trying to pull them up.

"Throw some water on them, that'll wake them up."

So one of the men went and retrieved a large wooden bucket of water and threw the water on them as well as the others. Otetiani and his cousins sat up sputtering and coughing but the other two still didn't move.

"Leave those two and bring the other three. They picked them up and dragged them up the stairs.

Otetiani and Garakonthie quickly got their feet underneath them and walked pulling their arms out of the men's grasp. "We can walk by ourselves!"
Garakonthie growled at the ones holding them.

"Yeah really, then what about this one!" The first mate pointed to Gawasowaneh who was trying to stand on his own.

“We’ll take care of him and hold him up." Otetiani told the first mate.
Garakonthie held on to his brother and gave the first mate a murderous look.
Otetiani took his other arm to help him walk as well.

They were led to the side of the ship and were shocked to see ten warriors standing on the rail part of the other ship facing them. They all had nooses around their necks. Their hands were bound behind them. Their feet were tied to large heavy rocks.

"Well now! It looks to me that you have quite a dilemma here before you!" The captain said while looking straight at Otetiani. "Since you are their leader, it would be your responsibility to see to your men's well-being. I would think that you would do everything in your power to make sure your men will survive!" He said with an evil grin. “So I have a proposition for you...again. Your ten warriors for the information and whereabouts of the ancients called the
'Winono's'. Now come now, you can't hide them forever! We will find them sooner or later and I would prefer sooner. Your men for the information." The captain demanded.

One of the warriors whose name is Skenandoa spoke: "Otetiani! Do not worry about us, for we will this day walk with our people who have gone before us and the 'Great Spirit!' We had all decided that we will die willingly to save our people and the 'Winono's' as we had promised long ago! Do not give them any
information. We will die with dignity." Otetiani spoke to Skenandoa and the others. "As we have lived well, we will die well my brothers. Be at peace, till we meet again." All ten warriors bowed their heads. Otetiani and his cousin's bowed their heads as well in a gesture of honor and praise for their sacrifice.

"Well? What is your decision? Will you watch them die and live with that decision for the rest of your measly wretched life or will you tell us where they are?"

Otetiani stood straight and stared right into the captain's eye's and said proudly "NO!"

So did his cousin's. "We will not tell you either! Our answer is 'NO' as well!"
Gawasowaneh stated proudly.

The captain angrily gritted his teeth. "Drop them all!" All ten were pushed over the edge. With the rocks attached to their feet they died instantly from the force which caused their necks to break. When they were sure that they were dead, they were ordered to cut the ropes and let them fall and disappear into the water.

Otetiani closed his eyes in sorrow having to watch such a horrific thing. But then he remembered what Skenandoa said and was comforted by that. 'At least they didn't suffer!' Otetiani thought to himself. 'We may yet be dealt with the same way.' Otetiani looked at his friends and said to them. "Today they are with those who have gone before us and the 'Great Spirit' and will suffer no more!"
His cousin's nodded their heads in agreement.

The captain told the first mate to take them downstairs. "NO food or water for them! Hoist the sails!" He barked the orders angrily. “We leave immediately!"

The first mate and the men who brought them up, grabbed them roughly and threw them down the stairs. Garakonthie was kicked by one of the men when he tried to help his younger brother. "Get moving ya filthy savage, he can walk by himself!" They were brought back to the same room they were in before and locked the door. "Now let's see if your God will help you now!" They all left them laughing and screaming obscenities to them and something about having a little fun with them later.

The three of them looked around them to see what they could use to open the door when they noticed their friends were sitting up in the dark corner

"Dadgayodah,Deganawidah! Are you guys okay?" Gawasowaneh asked excitedly.

"Yeah, we are okay. It would take more than that to keep us down."

"But we saw you both badly injured and unconscious! We almost thought you were dead, until Otetiani saw that you were breathing. We cleaned you two up and were going to take care of your wounds when those men came down to get us."

"Thank you for doing that but we were faking so we could do what we set out to do."

Otetani then proceeded to tell the story of the ten and their sacrifice.

Dadgayadoh said sadly. "I knew all of them, but I am glad they did not suffer and are with the 'Great Spirit as we speak.'"

Otetiani asked them what they were doing when they were upstairs.

Deganawidah spoke up. "We were looking for things to help us all get out of here. We found some rope, some old daggers, some water, and old bread of some kind. Here is some bread for you to eat and some water. Eat and drink up. Refresh your strength. I know it tastes funny, but it is better than nothing!"
Deganawidah said. "It sure doesn’t taste anything like our Kan^ st`ohale! But you are right, it is better than nothing at all."

"So how do we get out of here and off this boat without raising the alarm?! Gawasowaneh asked no one in particular.

"Well first we have to get out of this room and then figure out from there."
Otetiani stated plainly.

"Well Dadgayadoh can pick the lock for you if you like, he did it before to get those items we confiscated." Deganawidah chimed in.

They all looked at Dadgayadoh and laughed quietly. They all knew if anyone could get them out it would be Dadgayadoh. He could be a sly person when it came to getting out of trouble. He was always there to help Garakonthie get Gawasowaneh out of sticky situations and sometimes himself when he would get into trouble with his friend.

"Okay Dadgayadoh show us your stuff!" Otetiani smiled.

"Okay then." Dadgayadoh replied. So he picked the lock and opened the door. "I will go first to make sure no one is here. So he checked around and then came back. "It's okay no one is here, you can come out. Hey wait all of you!"

Gawasowaneh said. "Haven't you noticed something?" They all looked at him questioningly. "It is getting eerily dark! And I just looked out the window a moment ago. There is a fog rolling in. Plus I hear thunder!" Suddenly they realized what Gawasowaneh was saying true.

"Yes it is getting dark and a brewing storm seems to be increasing by the second." Otetiani replied. “And the ship is starting to rock a little bit. It also sounds like there is panic going on up there!" They all listened and heard many feet running around and a lot of shouting. "The sky sounds very angry."

They all huddled to together to come up with a plan to get off the ship. They thought that while the confusion was going on they would sneak up and lower a boat that was tied on board by the rails and make their way to their home.

"When we get up there we're going to have to take advantage of the situation and sneak up to one of the boats and lower it down the side. Even though it is storming out, I would rather take my chances than to stay on this ship which is bound for another land." Otetiani stated.

The others readily agreed with him. They would rather row back to their home then face a life of slavery. Even if it meant death to them at sea.

Otetiani said. "Then one of us will have to tie a rope to the boat so that it stays put. A long rope."

Deganawidah said before anyone could say anything. "I will do it!"

Otetiani looked at him appreciatively. "Thank you Deganawidah but no. You were injured badly with a couple of broken ribs. I will not have you injured even more, so I have decided that I would do it and hold the rope till all of you get in. You and Dadgayadoh had done more than enough when you were defending me against those men and I do appreciate that. But this time I will see all of you safe first before I get in."

Deganawidah just looked at him and sighed while nodding in agreement. "All right then, but if you need help I will not hesitate to give you a hand."

"Agreed!" Otetiani said. "Although I probably will not need it."

So all five made their way upstairs to get to the boats. They all stopped when they realized how bad it was outside. The foggy mist was extremely thick and it was very windy, and rainy. The lightning was extremely dangerous. The sky was like it was night time only to be lightened like day when the dazzling lighting would flash across the sky. You could not see your hand in front of your face it was that thick.

"This is one strange storm." Garakonthie said with awe. "I have never seen a storm like this with so much intensity that crop up on a sunny day with nary a cloud in sight!"

Gawasowaneh agreed with his brother. "I don't think any of us has ever seen a storm this intense with such a thick misty fog. It is not only raining hard but it is also misty, how strange!"

"I believe the 'Great Spirit' has something to do with this. He must be angry for what they have done and are punishing them for it. They will not be going home!" Otetiani was saying a little loud. The storm was starting to get so loud they would have to shout at each other just so they can hear what is being said.
"The ship seems to be sinking, let us get to the boats before it is too late!" Otetiani shouted to his men.

So they reached the boats and cut the rope from one. Otetiani tied a rope to one of the bench seats inside the boat. It was a big boat so all of them helped lower the heavy boat down into the water. The ship was already sinking halfway in, so it made lowering it into the water a little easier for them. Otetiani had already tied the other end of the boat to a nearby mast and hung onto it, till everyone was in the boat.

Otetiani threw the end of the rope to Garakonthie and started making his way down the boat when the first mate with two men grabbed him and threw him aside.
Otetiani went rolling and sliding into the mast that was holding the boat with the rope. Otetiani saw the first mate, five men and the captain get ready to get into the boat he was about to get into. They had knives on them. Otetiani quickly got up and made his way to the boat. The other four fought against the men and the first mate and killed them. Garakonthie had his back to the ship with the captain coming from behind him. He raised his arm ready to strike him in the back when he looked suddenly pale. A sword he had dropped earlier found its way back to it's owner. It went through his chest with Otetiani holding it.

Otetiani said to him. "This is for my people, the 'Winono's' and for the ten who you ordered hung earlier." He left the sword embedded into his chest and threw him over. The other comrades did the same for the men as well. "Let us row out of here before the ship goes under." So they all grabbed at the long oars and started to row when the mast they had the rope tied to suddenly broke and fell towards the boat they were on. They all jumped out of the way as the massive mast came down onto the boat with a very loud crashing noise breaking the boat in two. They were trying to swim to what was left of the boat but the wild
thrashing waves were beating them about the sea. Otetiani seemed to be pushed farther away from the others, but he managed to see the four grabbing onto the two pieces of the boat. Otetian found a door floating in the water and managed to somehow grab unto it. Otetiani was exhausted from trying to hang on to the door and swimming to where he thought his comrades were. But they weren't there. So he swam in another direction and still he did not find them. The sea was too rough for him and he felt himself getting weak. He drank a lot of the sea from trying to swim to his friends and keeping his head above water.

Otetani called out to them. "GARAKONTHIE!, GAWASOWANEH!! CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" No answer came. So he tried again. "GARAKONTHIE! GAWASOWANEH! IF YOU CAN HEAR ME MAKE A NOISE ANY NOISE!!" Still nothing and he was very tired. He tried once again to find his friends. "DADGAYODAH!, DEGANAWIDAH! MAKE A NOISE OR SHOUT IF YOU CAN!" Nothing from them either. Otetiani thought to himself, 'Maybe they drowned or maybe they floated farther away. I would believe they are still alive though hopefully towards our land. But I will offer up a prayer for their safety.'

"Oh Great Spirit, If any of my comrades are alive, please watch over them If I don't survive. Even though they are strong and can take care of themselves please keep their spirits strong!" Otetiani looked up to the sky as if to wait for a response and just smiled and said. "I am ready 'Great Spirit' to meet you!" and finally Otetiani succumbed to darkness.


TBC
Chapter End Notes:
Names are from the Iroquois nation which originally consisted of five tribes but today is six now.

Otetiani: He is prepared.

Garakonthie and Gawasowaneh meaning: Moving sun and Big snow snake, Otetiani's cousins.

The two friends are: Dadgayodah and Daganawidah meaning: Gambling men and Two rivers running.

The spokes person for the ten warriors was: Skenandoa meaning: Deer

The Ancients called 'Winono's: First Born

Aho: most tribes use this at the end of a prayer. It is like saying "AMEN" at the end. It is said like this "UH-Ho

Also as you may have noticed that these Iroquois men speak English(or
westron,common tongue) instead of their traditional tongue. I thought to put it that way because it might get confusing to some who don't know the Iroquois language. I just kept everything as simple as possible. This is my first time at trying my hand at writing fan fiction stories. This may or may not be a long story but we'll see. I hope you like it and if not Oh-Well.

Please review and give me any kind of tips on how to improve here. I am a novice so I am here to learn from the 'Greats' as well. All will be appreciated. And thank you in advance. Onu^kywa, till later. Author: Regaliaria