RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
The week seemed to go by slowly for the five. They wondered maybe that the ‘Great Spirit’ was playing with them at their expense. Dawas spent as much as he could with Triana knowing he may never see her again. But he had to do it with a chaperone. His brother Garas. He could only meet with her during the daytime. Garak was having a great time and chuckled softly at his brothers expense. But then Gawas gave him that sly look he always gives him when he is up to something. The smile slipped from Garaks face as he thought to himself ‘knowing Gawas he probably found a way to sneak out without me knowing’, he growled to himself. “Psh, just when I was feeling good too!”

Finally the week ended and the elf escorts arrived. With them came two extra elves, one with beautiful long blond hair on a white horse, the other with long midnight black hair which almost looked bluish in the sun sitting on top of a beautiful black stallion. They both looked handsome and elegant.

Cirdan came out to meet the group. “Mae Govannen Lords Erester and Glorfindel! I didn’t know you were coming? How are my old friends?” He bowed to the both of them.

They both got down from their horses gracefully and swiftly landing softly on the grass. They quickly walked up to Cirdan and grasped his forearms in friendship. “Mae Govannen Cirdan meldir!” They both said to him.

“It’s been awhile since we last saw you lets see.. About a couple of centuries ago. You look well! Erester told Cirdan. “Yes it has been that long but to us is not really long. So what brings the both of you out this way besides to visit?” Cirdan inquired from them smiling.

This time Glorfindel replied. “To see you Meldir of course and to meet your new family that you adopted. I never thought you of all elves would ever settle down with a family. But then you always had a soft spot for the disadvantaged. We heard how you adopted a group of orphan’s years ago when they lost their parents to a raid on their village. I admire you greatly Meldir.”

“Yes I did adopt five children. Three boys and two girls, although they are not children anymore. My heart just melted for them and I took them in. Let me introduce you both to them.”

He gestured for his family to come forward. “The three young men here from oldest to youngest are: Kaman, Gildreth and Kryturn. The two young women are: Triana and Shana they are sisters. They bowed their heads and placed their hands over their hearts to Erester and Glorfindel out of respect for them. They knew about the legendary duo and were humbled by their presence. “I am very proud of them and love them as if they were my own!” Cirdan told the two.

Erester replied. “We both can see that they are a reflection off of you. You should be proud. We are very glad to finally meet all of you!” Glorfindel added.
“You are a reflection off your ada and I am very impressed!” “Thank you they all replied.

Triana stepped forward and curtsied. “Would you like something to drink my lords?” She asked them both. “That would be nice Triana. How about a cup of tea? What about you Fin? Erestor asked his friend. “Hm.. A cup of tea sounds good. I will have some also thank you my dear!” He winked at her and bowed. Triana and Shana suddenly blushed and giggled. “My sister and I will get it for you right away my lords.” Triana said in an excited voice and rushed inside with her sister not to far behind.

“Now!” Erester started as he rubbed his hands together. “Where are these five from another land we were told about.” Kaman replied. “They will be down for lunch in a few minutes to join us.” Erester nodded. “Very good then.”

Cirdan showed them and the group of elves where to sit. They had brought a couple of tables out and chairs for everyone to sit. They put tablecloths on them and set the table for them.

Then the five finally came out to meet the group. They were smiling and happy to finally meet the group. Cirdan introduced them to Erester and Glorfindel.

“Otetiani, Garak, Gawas, Dadah, and Degan. I would like to introduce you to my dearest long time friends. Lord Erester and Lord Glorfindel of Imaldris. They are part of the escorts of Rivendell Cirdan informed them.

“She ko ‘lih” Otetiani extended his hand to the two. Erester and Glorfindel looked at each other and accepted his hand in friendship. They in turn replied
“Mae Govannen, Well met!” As they both smiled. Then Glorfindel asked Otetiani.
“What does See go lee mean?” Otetiani answered. “She ko ‘lih, means hello in the Iroquois language.” “Ah! They both responded.

Glorfindel asked a question to Otetiani, “So how does our middle earth appeal to you thus far? Is it anything like home? Then he chuckled and said “Has Cirdan treated you well”

Cirdan just looked at him shook his head and smiled. ‘Glorfindel always the joker’ he thought to himself.

“Oh this beautiful land very much reminds us of home. We live close to the water and it is beautiful as here. It is very green with many trees as is here.” Replied Otetiani. “Cirdan has treated us very well along with his family. Like we are part of his family. It has helped us out a lot with our homesickness for our land. “And” Dadah interrupted, “They have fed us very well” While rubbing his stomach grinning.

“That is very good to hear.” Erestor spoke. “I hope we can match Cirdans hospitality when you come to Imaldris. But we will talk more about that and how you came to be here when we are together with Lord Elrond. For now we will have lunch and have a small party later after dinner if it’s permissible with Cirdan.
“That’s an excellent idea. We will prepare everything for this evening for after dinner.” Cirdan replied.

“That will be okay with us.” Otetiani said to Erester. “We will wait till then.”

And with that Cirdan spoke. “Everything is ready to be served. Shall we sit down now and have lunch.” So they all sat down and had some cheese, fresh baked bread, some smoked fish and fruit. They had tea to drink as well.

Later in the afternoon they decided to take a swim by the sea except for Cirdan and his family. They stayed behind to plan for the evenings festivities

“It is good to swim in the sea again I haven’t done this in ages” Glorfindel said while diving back under the water again. “Yes it is good and feels good too!” Erester replied. “What do the five of you think” Garas practically jumped straight up and splashed water on everyone. “ITS GREAT!! Garas shouted. They all just laughed. A half hour later they came out of the water and lay on the beach to dry off. At that moment Triana chose to come down to the beach and give them some towels. She stopped in her tracks dropped the towels and turned a beet red while putting a hand over her mouth before any noise escaped. With eyes wide as saucers and shocked she turned quickly away. They were all nude and just laying on the sand sun bathing. She quickly and quietly ran as fast as she could. That is not until she turned around to quickly take a quick peek at them admiring their forms. Then she proceeded to run in the opposite direction….smiling.

Garak got up and turned around and saw the towels there. “Hey where did these towels come from?” He looked around to see if anyone was around. He then shrugged his shoulders and picked one up. “There are towels here if you want one.” He said to anyone listening. “Don’t know where they came from but they are here!”

“Hmmm. That’s strange! Did anyone see or hear anything?” Erester asked everyone. They all shook their head no. “Well that is very strange but gratefully accepted.”

They all got dressed and started heading back to Cirdan’s house. They all decided to bathe to get rid of all the salt water and sand on their skin and hair before dinner. As they entered the house they noticed Triana and Shana grinning ear to ear as they watched them make their way to the rooms. Glorfindel looked at Erester and then at Otetiani and then asked. “What are they grinning about?” Otetiani just shrugged his shoulders. And Erester looked at them with narrow eyes and said “I wonder what they are up to?” He rolled his eyes
“Females!!”

After they bathed, washed their hair then dressed they made their way to the garden area where everyone else was. Tables were being set for dinner, which was about to be served. So the majority just talked and sat under the trees or anywhere they could find place to sit or just stood. Glorfindel and Erester had everyone laughing with their stories of their adventures and mishaps.

Erester introduced Otetiani and his comrades to the group of elves. At first they were a little nervous at how they would be accepted by the elves. But after awhile they were greeted like they were friends to them for a long time, which made them feel at ease.

They joined Erester and Glorfindel talking about their adventures and antics as well. Everyone laughed so hard with tears coming out their eyes.

Then dinner was served and they all sat down to eat.

Cirdan stood and said to everyone “ Let us all be thankful for friends and new friends and family. I would say may the Valar keep you safe on your journey back and may Otetiani and his comrades find what they are looking for. I thank my family again for the hard work in putting this together this evening. I raise my glass to all of you in honor of you.” Then he smiled and said “Let the festivities begin”

And so they danced and sang songs through the night. Otetian and his friends who were taught how to dance by the sisters a week before, took turns dancing with Triana and Shana. Cirdan danced with his daughters along with the other elves and then with their brothers. Then they were too exhausted to go on any longer and sat down. Some of the elves noted how tired they were and decided to volunteer and clean up for them so they wouldn’t have to.

The two sisters thank the elves for their help and made their excuses and decided to go to bed. Everyone wished them a good night.

The group of elves decided instead of setting up tents they would just rest under the stars. It was such a clear and beautiful night. Erester and Glorfindel decided to walk for a while before they retired for the evening.

Gawas said to Otetiani “ Maybe we should do the same thing. Remember we used to do it quite often when we were back home? Let’s spend the night of our last day outdoors.” Otetiani replied “I like that idea, why not? Garak agreed also. But the other two decided to go to their rooms instead. “This may be the last time we sleep on nice fluffy beds!” Dadah said. Otetiani chuckled and said to Dadah” Okay then. We will see you in the morning. So Otetiani and his cousins found a place to rest comfortably and fell into revelry. Two hours later Garaks eyes blinked and he sat up and looked around. Gawas was missing again. ‘Oh that brother of mine! He can’t seem to keep his hands to himself.’ He started to get up so he could look for him when he felt Otetiani’s hand on his arm. “leave him be!” He said to him quietly. “Hopefully this will not happen again for a very long time. He will not see her again after tonight. Garak said “I know your right. I will not lose sleep over this” So he lay back down again. He stayed awake for another hour before he fell back into revelry
***
Somewhere out of elven earshot. “Oh please Gawas! Don’t make me wait! Please I need… I…need! Oohhhh!!
“Did you hear that Res! Sounded just like one of Cirdan’s daughters!” “It sure did Fin! Shall we investigate?” Erester asked with a sinister smile. “Yes we shall!”Glorfindel replied with a devilish smile. “Spy we must to make sure everything is all right!” Erester chuckled quietly. “It is our voyeurism duty to do so. Got any more wine left?” Glorfindel smiled a lopsided smile. “Yes sir!” He saluted Erester. “Bout a haffa bottle!” Erester quietly remarked. “You are drunk fin!” Glorfindel just shrugged his shoulders. “IIIIIknow!” He hissed back. “Bu yur awmos there too!” While trying to shake himself out of his inebriated state. They both looked at each other and shrugged and then crept up quietly to where the couple were and watched them from behind some bushes.

“That’s Otetianis cousin or one of them anyways. That one must be Gawas. Garak told me a little about him. If he thinks this is something wait till he gets to Imaldris!”Erester said to Glorfindel as he poured both of them some more wine.
Glorfindel pulled out a large napkin wrapped around some fruit from his tunic pocket. “Care fir.. so.. Grapes” He whispered. Erester just looked at him, then the grapes then his tunic pocket and asked “Did you bring some cheese too?” He chuckled quietly. “Well I thoug.. bout.. It but thout.. They wo.. ge.. aw dried an.. Icky” Glorfindel stated as he wrinkled his nose. Erester just rolled his eyes.

“Oh Gawas…GAWAS!!” Gawas growled as he finally spent himself inside of her trembling, both of them dripping with sweat hanging on to each other. Neither one of them wanted to let go just yet. Then when he went soft he laid next to her as they both hugged each other’s body as close as they could possibly do. As their breathing settled down “Triana looked into Gawas eyes “I will miss you terribly, but I know you must go on and find answers to how to get back home. But if you come here again maybe I can come with you?” Gawas looked at her with sadness “I don’t know Triana, maybe you can come with us but the sea is treacherous and I don’t want anything to happen to you. We will see.” Triana looked at him with tears in her eyes and said “Okay, I understand. I will wait for you!” He wiped her tears and kissed her softly on her lips.

Erester and Glorfindel both rolled their eyes. “Oh brother.” They said quietly. Both of them had too much wine. Suddenly Glorfindel hiccupped loudly. Both Gawas and Trianna both looked at each other and then at the direction of the noise.
Triana cried out quietly “Oh no! I think someone is here!” They quickly grabbed their clothes and put them on as fast as they could. “Hurry!” Gawas quietly hissed. “I’m trying” Triana retorted.

Glorfindel and Erester both looked horrified and at the same time whispered quietly together. “Rruuunnn!!!” They both took off as fast as they could with Glorfindel suddenly having hiccup attacks. “I …hic…can’ seem …hic…to stop…hackippn…hic”

Erester looked at him while he was having his own problems. He suddenly developed a laughing fit. “Well. …hahaha…try holding your breath..Hahahahaha” So Glorfindel took a large intake of breath and held it with his cheeks all puffed up. It didn’t help any that Erester was laughing hysterically at him now, telling him he looked like an overgrown bullfrog either. Glorfindel just spewed out the air and went into laughing hysterical mode with him.

They finally found somewhere to hide. A large tree with enough branches and leaves to hide them. Glorfindel in his state needed a little help getting up the tree. So Erester proceeded to give him an extra push up the tree and goosed him.

“WwooooHHoooo!” Glorfindel let out almost flying to the branch above still hiccupping. “Erester you goosed me!” Erester was still laughing. “I..I’m sorry Mellon but we don’t have time to do it properly!” He said while climbing up himself. They went up as high as they could. Erester hung on to the inebriated balrog slayer as tight as he could. They both waited.

They could hear Gawas and Triana approaching. Glorfindel held his breath while both he and Erester put their hands over his mouth to keep him from hiccupping.

“I thought I heard someone running this way!” Gawas said to Triana. “I thought I heard hiccupping and laughing this way!!” Triana said back to Gawas. Then Gawas said “whoever they were are gone now. I just hope it wasn’t my brother.” He whispered to Triana. They just looked at each other and quietly giggled. Gawas then proceeded to kiss her and take her by the hand as they put their arms around each other and walked back to the house.

They were a distance before Erester decided to take his hand off Glorfindels mouth. He took one look at him and saw he was turning blue from holding his breath with both their hands on his mouth. He quickly took both their hands off.

“Breath Glorfindel!” He took a deep gasping breath and quickly recovered himself. “I thou.. they wo.. nevr.. live!”He said as he wiped tears from his eyes caused by their laughing fits. Slowly Erester started helping his friend down from the tree. But on the last branch Glorfindel lost his grip and landed on his backside with a loud ‘Thud’. He only fell about nine feet from the tree.

But it was hard enough. Erester wanted to laugh but quickly put both his hands on his mouth. “Well that’s going to hurt in the morning!” Erester said with a grin. Glorfindel just looked at him with narrow eyes. “Don’t just stand there! Help me up!!” Glorfindel seemed to have sobered up quickly. Erester helped his friend up and brushed him off which Glorfindel quickly slapped his hands away.

Erester just looked at him and shrugged as they both made their way back to the house. “I’ve made up my mind about sleeping outside. I think it would be wise to sleep on the bed instead.” Glorfindel said while rubbing his backside. “Wise choice Fin.” Erester replied while grinning. Glorfindel stopped and just gave him the evil eye before resuming his walk back to the house. “Don’t worry I will take some of the pain away for you!” Erester looked at him smiling. “You better, and don’t shrug your shoulders again!!” Glorfindel retorted briskly.

Meanwhile…Gawas had said goodnight to Trianna and made his way back to where his brother and cousin was sleeping. ‘Good!’ He thought to himself. ‘They are both sleeping. I wonder who that was then? Whoever they were must have been watching us. But who? Well it doesn’t matter. In the morning we will be leaving for Imaldris and I will miss Triana terribly. Though I’m not in love with her. I do care about her. She understands. Maybe I will see her again if I ever come back. Sometimes fate has a way of doing things and changing things. We will see!’

He laid down somewhere near his brother and fell into revelry. Garak blinked his eyes and raised his head. He looked at his brother shaking his head and put his head back down. ‘Brother, I hope you have not caused any trouble for us’ Then he also fell back into revelry.

***
Chapter End Notes:
TBC…

Mellon and meldir=friend Mae Govannen=well met