RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +
The Next morning everyone was up and cheerful at dawn. Everyone else that is except for Erester and Glorfindel. One of Cirdan’s son’s came to see if the duo was out of bed. He very quietly and gently tapped on the door. “Who is it! And why are you pounding so hard on the door!” came the voice from the other side of the door.

Kryturn put his hands over his mouth as he quietly chuckled to himself. He had seen how much wine they were drinking and saw them leave with a bottle in hand. He also knew how they could drink anyone under the table literally!

“I just thought to stop and check to see if you both would like a bath drawn for you. Would you like a little breakfast brought up also? He replied quietly on the other side of the door. “Well you don’t have to shout! Come in and, yes we both would like a bath drawn and some breakfast brought up thank you! Glorfindel replied with his head down with two pillows being held on each side of his head.

Kryturn looked at Glorfindel and saw how gray his face was. His hair looked like he had not combed it in weeks. His bed was all in shambles. At that moment, Erester woke and looked at the both of them with squinty eyes and in the same shape as Glorfindel.

“Someone put out those candles. It’s too bright in here!” Erester barked at them. Glorfindel was now cringing at Eresters voice while holding the pillows even more tightly against his head.

Kryturn was trying very hard not to laugh. “I will be back shortly my lords with your breakfast and hot water for your baths.” He left as quickly as he could lest he burst out laughing at the sight of them.

Kryturn told his father about the condition the advisor and the slayer was in.
“Yes I know. I saw how much wine they drank last night and the bottle they took with them. Erester and Glorfindel like to drink until they cannot anymore on occasion. Otherwise, they are usually very stoic and serious when they are in Imaldris taking care of matters at home and the surrounding areas. I will make them some special tea for occasions like this. Have them drink this first before they eat. It will make them feel much better!” Cirdan said to his son. “Yes ada. I will take this up first before I fill the tubs for them.” Kryturn replied as he nodded. When his son left, Cirdan could not help but chuckle to himself.
‘Those two.’ He shook his head still chuckling.

After Kryturn brought up their breakfast, he and his brothers proceeded to fill two tubs so they both could bathe at the same time. They drank the tea and had some breakfast. Then after feeling better they bathed and then dressed. Erester had also healed the large bruise that Glorfindel had on his backside almost completely. He would have to see Lord Elrond so he could take care of the rest of the pain and stiffness back there in Imaldris. Right now, everyone was getting ready to leave and they needed to hurry.

When they came down, Cirdan met them. “Feeling better Erester and Glorfindel?” He asked grinning.

They both looked at each other and then at him. “Yes sir we do. Thank you for the tea” Erester said looking at him frowning. Cirdan turned to Glorfindel “And your backside, has the pain subsided substantially as well as the bruising. Both Erester and Glorfindel looked at him with raised eyebrows. “How did you know?” Glorfindel asked Cirdan.

You know how we have great eyesight especially at great distances. Well I was sitting on my porch upstairs where no one could see me. I watched the whole thing with you two climbing the tree and then falling out of it. I winced when I saw you fall out Glorfindel, but then knew you were okay. Just a little bruised on the pride. In addition, yes you did look like an overgrown bullfrog holding your breath. It was very entertaining watching the both of you stumble over each other.” Cirdan chuckled.

“We both thought you were resting inside. But I guess we were a little bit inebriated to notice anything or even that you were watching.” Glorfindel laughed. “We were a little busy lovebird watching” Glorfindel grinned.

“I know!” Cirdan gave them a knowing look. I also saw Gawas and Triana running after you not knowing it was both of you who were spying on them. I know Gawas and Triana have been seeing each other. I have known it for a while now. I have known it since they first started making goofy eyes at each other. Triana is not innocent I have known this for a while too. Nevertheless, she is a grown woman and can make her own decisions. I just hope she will make the right ones.
However, the two will not meet again. Gawas path will go down a different path as well as the rest of his comrades. Lord Elrond knows this as well as Galadriel and I. Cirdan stated.

Both just nodded knowing that the three could far see things in the future.

An Hour later…

“Otetiani we have five horses here for you and your comrades. The Journey will be a little bit long for walking. It may also be dangerous towards the end of the journey as well and we might need to ride fast.” Erester explained. “Can you ride? Have you ridden a horse before? Especially on bareback?

“Yes, we all have on Cirdans horses. We ride fair enough and on bareback.” Otetiani said to him

“Good! Then everyone mount up! We leave.” Glorfindel bellowed out. So every elf in the group mounted up on their horses gracefully. Otetiani followed up along with his companions with such gracefulness that it surprised the elves.

“Farewell Meldir and to your family. I hope to see you in the near future. May the Valar keep you and your family safe. Erester said as he held his hand over his heart and bowed to them. Glorfindel did the same thing.

Cirdan then spoke to the group as a whole. “May the Valar keep you all safe on your journey back. In addition, to you Otetiani I will see you again someday! Be safe!”

“Thank you Cirdan for helping my comrades and I. For taking, us in like we are one of your family. I will always hold deep gratitude to you for everything. Farewell!” Otetiani waved and put his hand over his heart and bowed along with the other comrades.

As they turned to leave, Gawas turned his head and looked at Triana. She had tears in her eyes as she waved to him and worded ‘I LOVE YOU” Gawas raised his hand in a farewell sign and then smiled sadly at her before he turned forward. Shana at that moment came up to her sister and put an arm around her shoulders.
They both just stood there and watched as the group left for Imaldris, never to see the five again.

Several hours later, they decided to give the horse a rest for a bit before going on. So they all dismounted and let the horses drink water from a nearby stream.

Gawas sat by himself not speaking to anyone. Garak noticed the change in his brother and how quiet he was. “Otetiani did you notice how quiet my brother is? He has not spoken since we left the Gray Havens. He has not joked, talked about women, nothing. I am worried about him. I think I should go over and see what is up.”
“I know. I noticed that Garak. If you go to him just listen, do not judge him. He needs someone to lean on, to talk to. Otetiani said to Garak. “I will, I promise!” Garak said truthfully to Otetiani. Garak walked over to where Gawas was sitting and sat down next to him. “Brother if you need someone to talk to, I am here for you. I promise not to judge you. I will listen if you want to talk.” Gawas looked at his brother and nodded.

Gawas then told him how he felt bad leaving her feeling bad like that. However, he said he was not in love with her. It was suppose to be fun have a few laughs and then move on like he always did. All his relationships with the females were never serious. They all knew that and he liked it that way. So why was he feeling this way. Why did he feel bad about the departure? Maybe the ‘Great Spirit is telling him something. Maybe change is coming for him soon he said.
Gawas talked a lot with Garak before they left. “Thanks for listening Garak I really appreciate it. Even though I cause you so much worry I am glad you listened to what I had to say and I am so grateful to have you as my brother.” Garak smiled then nodded.

Garak kept his promise and did not pass judgment on his brother. He only listened to him and did not speak. Their brother bond strengthened ten fold as only siblings could that day.

Then it was time to mount up again to continue on their journey. They rode for a couple of days and came across the shire. The five were awed at the little people they saw there called hobbits with big hairy feet. They were greeted by the people and invited to stop and rest a spell. They were offered something to eat and some ale. Therefore, they stopped for a bit before they continued their journey. The five were so taken by the little people that they wished they did not have to leave so soon. However, it was time for them to move on. Therefore, they thanked the hobbits, said their goodbyes, and moved on.

They were a day’s ride from Imaldris. They felt it was not wise to stop at that point because there had been some attacks that were reported in the area. It would be best to keep going.

Suddenly Erester came riding fast and spoke to the elves in his language. They all stiffened up and dismounted immediately. “Otetiani you and your comrades must get down off your horses and be ready to fight. There is a very heavy stench of orc’s and wild men afoot. Be prepared to fight.” Otetiani nodded to him and all five dismounted immediately.

Dadah said. “ So that’s what that awful smell is! Boy Kaman was right about his description of the smell. They need to bathe many thousands of times.” He said while holding his nose.

Glorfindel came by them quickly. “They will attack when the sun goes down. So be at the ready!” He instructed them.

“We will be ready Lord Glorfindel” Otetiani nodded to him as they got their bows and knives ready.

Moreover, just as predicted they attacked. They had never seen such ugly and nasty vile creatures in their lives. Nonetheless, they fought hard and fast!
Glorfindel and Erester were surprised how well they fought with such gusto, not even tiring out. By morning, they had killed them all with no fatalities among themselves or the elves. They gathered the carcasses and burned them before they left.

The elves came up to the five, patted them on theirs backs telling them they are great fighters, and thanked them for helping rid the fell beasts.

Glorfindel and Erester both came up to them to thank them for helping and to say what great fighters they are. “I must say that for ones who never lived here before and are from a distant land, you sure handled these creatures with such great finesse. You do not need to learn anything! You all handled yourselves like very seasoned warriors and we both complement you.” Erester said to them smiling. “Yes! You are great warriors and I am proud to fight along side of all of you! Thank you! Glorfindel said with pride of them.

“Thank you both and all the elves for that complement. We are proud to fight among such great warriors!” Otetiani said proudly.

“Now hopefully we can be on our way without too many conflicts along the way!” Glorfindel stated.

They still had a half days ride to go yet before they would reach Imaldris. They all could not wait to get there, as they were battle tired and dirty.

They were all hungry too, so lembas bread was passed around so everyone had a bite to eat until they got to the elven realm. Some of the elves gave Otetiani and his comrades some of the lembas. Otetiani looked at the strange bread and asked what it was. One of the elves explained that it was elvish way bread. One small bite could fill the stomach of a grown man and elves they explained to them.

Otetiani and the others responded with an “OH!” They then decided to take a bite and see. When they were finished with the small piece and drank a small amount of water, they suddenly realized that their stomach felt full and contented.

Dadah responded with a “Wow that little piece really does fill you up! Too bad we do not have something like this back home! It is very good.

Garak replied. “Yes it is very good. But I still like venison and corn soup.” The others laughed at that remark, but then agreed with him. Gawas only smiled a little and turned his head forward as they rode on. He did not eat or drink anything. It did not go unnoticed by Garak.

“Gawas would you like a piece of this bread. It is not bad. It taste good actually! Here is a piece for you.” Gawas just looked at the bread and his brother with a sad look. “No thank you Garak I’m not hungry.” Garak tried one more time. “Please brother you need to keep up your strength. You haven’t eaten since yesterday and I am worried about you!” Gawas just shook his head no. “I’m fine. I will eat something when we get to Imaldris. I promise.” Garak sighed.
“Okay then.” Nevertheless, he stayed by his side as they rode on.

Finally, Imaldris was in view. Erester was smiling as he reached the five comrades. “Welcome to Imaldris! Home of Lord Elrond of the Last homely house.”

As they entered through the gate Otetiani and his comrades could not believe how magnificent it was to look at. It astounded them. As they dismounted, Lord Elrond himself greeted them. “Welcome to the elven realm of Rivendell I am so glad to finally meet all of you! Otetiani, Garakonthie, Gawasowaneh, Dadgayodah and Deganawidah. I am Lord Elrond and I welcome all of you to my home.” The five were awed and bowed their heads in respect to this regal and magnificent Elf.

You will be shown to your rooms so you can freshen up and change your clothes. A few house elves will come to retrieve you for dinner, which will be held in the Great Hall. For now, rest for a while. We will talk more about your great journey from the sea and how to help you get back tomorrow morning. The five comrades bowed their heads and put their hands over their hearts to him, which he returned. The house elves then proceeded to show the five their rooms. Otetiani had his own room. The twins shared one as well as their friends.

Otetiani was completely overwhelmed at the size of his room. It was three rooms in one! A medium sized sitting area with a fireplace and large windows and a small table with two chairs. A small couch for a few people to sit on. The bedroom had a massive bed with big fluffy over stuffed pillows and quilts, with another small fireplace. Then there was the bathing chamber. Never had he seen such magnificence. It was in the natural tone colors reflecting nature outside. He was almost afraid to touch or sit on anything.

The only thing that came out of Otetiani’s mouth was “OH MY!” as he turned around in circles in each room with big saucer eyes.

“Otetiani! Otetiani! Where are you?”
“Over here!” Otetiani responded jumping out of his shock. Dadah started to speak.” Did you …OH MY! Otetiani’s room is bigger than any of our rooms!” Degan chimed in. “And he has two fireplaces, plus a big tub in the ground in the next room. It looks like it is made of a white stone with lines in it.”

Garak looked around with awe struck look on his face. “This is like a dream someone pinch me!” Which the other four did. “OW! I was just kidding!” The others just laughed at him.

Just then, there was a knock on the door. Otetiani opened the door and there stood three house elves. “Mae Govannen. My name is Gilorn. The other two here are Tathar and Tadion. They all had bowed their heads to the five.

“We are here to draw your baths if you like and bring you some fresh towels and clothing while your clothes are being cleaned. We are also here to service you in case you need anything while you are staying here. We can bring you breakfast, lunch or dinner to your rooms unless you prefer to eat in the great hall with everyone else. We can ensure that your stay here is as comfortable as possible. Please do not hesitate to ask anything of us. We will do our best to see that anything you ask is provided.”

“Thank you for your kind help and assistance Gilorn. I am afraid that that might get some getting used to someone serving us. We have never had servants before.
We have done everything ourselves all our lives. Please be patient with us because this is all very new to us.” Otetiani put his hand over his heart a little awkward.

Gilorn just smiled “Do not worry about that. If you like to do things by yourselves that is fine. However, know that we will be at your disposal if you ever need something, we will be here. However, for now would you like us to draw your baths? For your first stay, here we would like to do that. I will show you how to use the mechanisms to draw the water out. Would that be okay with you?”

Otetiani replied. “Sure why not? What about you two Garak and Gawas. I do not mind that. Sure I’m fine with that.” Both the twins spoke up at the same time then laughed at each other, which made the three elves laugh as well. “What about the two of you Degan and Dadah?” Otetiani turned around and they were nowhere to be found. “They must have gone to their rooms to wait for their bath to be drawn.”

Mean while back in the friends room. “Okay Degan you can go first and I will go after. Naw you can first and I will wait. No, no I will wait and you can go. No, I insist you go first your older. However, I already said first that you could go before me. Well I insist…



------------------------------------------------------------------
Chapter End Notes:
TBC



House elves

Gilorn=Star Tree

Tathar=Willow

Tadion=Second son