RSS

Printer Chapter or Story
- Text Size +

Author's Chapter Notes:
Cherlindrea was a name I got from the movie ‘Willow.’ When ‘Willow and his friend Megosh (?) were captured by the brownies. They were brought before a spirit being (a female maybe a fairy queen of the forest?) Her name was Cherlindrea. I thought the name very pretty and decided to give the fictional twin sister the name Cherlindrea.

Chapter 6 A Surprise Visit.

The next morning his comrades who seemed to be overwhelmed with curiosity decided to ask him. They wanted to know more about Otetianis little secret rendezvous with Malfinn. They managed somehow to find out about his little afternoon ‘Luncheon’ with the pretty ellith. So, the four headed to his room to ask him about it. Just before they knocked, they were deciding who was going to be the head ‘Asker.’

“No you do it! It was your idea! Degan argued with Dadah. “No Garak was the one who found them by accident. At least that is what he says. So Garak since he is your cousin, you should ask him.” Dadah looked at Garak trying to get him to do it. Garaks mouth flew open as he sputtered. “I..It was an accident! I could not help it that because I decided to talk a walk that Otetiani and I were going to be in the same vicinity at the same time!” Degan asked Gawas. “What about you. You are his cousin too! Could you not ask him what we are all dying to know?” “Oh that is a low blow Degan!” Garak said a little too loud.. You two are his loyal friends. And as loyal friends I think you both should as..” Just then, the door to Otetianis room opened. “What is going on out here? I can hear all of you shouting from inside my room. What is wrong!

The other three looked at him a little guilty, but then started pointing fingers at each other as the three spoke at the same time. “He was about to..No, I was not, I said…Those two want to ask you a…No no you were going to…Gawas put his hand up to them and said. “Never mind I will ask him!” Gawas looked perturbed at the three. The other three stopped mid pointing fingers with mouths open and looked at Gawas.

“Close your mouths and put your pointing fingers down! You look ridiculous.” Otetiani scolded them. “You are also making a spectacle of your selves.” All three mouths shut with an audible click and they put their hands down.

“Gawas what is going on? Why are these three so agitated?

Gawas shook his head at the three. “I think perhaps we should go inside and talk about it. I do not think you would want any body else to know about it.” Otetiani nodded and motioned them to come inside. As he closed the door, he asked, “Now what is going on that you argue outside my door!”

Gawas looked at him and started slowly. “They want to know if you um ..have any feelings for this young ellith you met a couple of days ago. Her name is Malfinn is it not? Apparently Garak saw you two kissing when he was strolling through the garden yesterday. When he told us the three of them thought it was serious.”

Otetiani looked at his cousin with narrowed eyes and growled softly, angered at them for knowing and spying on him. The three hung their heads looking quite guilty. Otetiani just shook his head at the three. “So Gawas what do you think?” He asked him.

Gawas thought for a moment. “Well as I see it, it is your business if you wanted to see lady Malfinn. To me though I thought it was about time you spent sometime with the opposite sex instead of with us all the time. Will you be seeing her again Otetiani.”

Otetiani looked again at his comrades and sighed. “Okay yes I enjoyed being with Lady Malfinn. Yes, you did see me kiss her, but we found that the kiss held nothing intimate if that is what you wanted to know. We will remain friends though and write each other as much as we can. Does that satisfy your curiosities? Degan, Dadah and Garak.

“You felt nothing. Not even a jolt?” Dadah asked incredulously.

“No so leave it at that. Please do not talk about it beyond these doors either! Do not ask any more questions. Is that Understood?” Otetiani said to them with his hands behind his back.

“Yes we understand. We will speak of it no more Otetiani.” Garak spoke as the others nodded their heads in agreement.

“Good!” Otetiani paused pondering something. “Garak.” Garak looked up at Otetiani. “Yes.” “Something surprises me about you and Gawas. Usually he is the one in trouble and you are the serious one. However, today that seemed to be reversed. You are the one in trouble and he was the voice of reason today. I wonder if it is this place that is causing us to do things we normally do not do. On the other hand, could this be our destiny as Cirdan and I spoke about back in the Grey Havens. Whatever is happening, I feel change is coming for us. I have felt this way since that time with Cirdan.”

“You maybe right about that.” Gawas replied. “I too feel the same way as my brother has, that things are starting to change among us. It is like almost reaching out and touching the change that is coming. “I agree with Gawas about this whole change thing.” Degan responded. “So do I.” Dadah added. “I just hope it is for the good.”

Otetiani saw the look of confusion on their faces. “Do not let it bother you so. Whatever destiny the Great Spirit puts upon us let us embrace it with dignity. I am sure this would not be done to us for a bad reason.” The other four nodded in agreement.

“It seems we may never go home to see our precious Turtle Island again. So I say make the most of our time here and get on with our lives. Let us start by assimilating into this community here and make ourselves useful while here. Are you all agreed on this?” Again, they all nodded.

So as they days went on they made themselves useful. This helped them wile their way around time and boredom. Days became weeks then weeks became months. Pretty soon, it was One year to the day that they had left the Grey Havens and made Imadris their home.

They practiced their archer skills everyday with the twins, Glorfindel, Erester, Lord Elrond and among themselves. They were even taught how to use the sword that they had never used in their lives save the spear. Glorfindel took it upon himself to show them how to use the sword in battle since he was the grand master of the skill. However, because of their willingness and being extremely fast learners, it did not take him long at all to teach them. He was impressed how fast they learned and how well they fought with such finesse. Their bodies became harder and well honed as they mastered the skill at such great speed. Most notably Otetiani and his cousins could almost match Glorfindels skill in that area. It made him proud. They were the best students he ever had. Otetiani and his cousins mastered two swords at once with great speed and agility that he had never seen in anyone else. Degan and Dadah though they were of man had exceptional skills on the horse as well as off. Their stealth abilities could almost match the elves.

‘Hm.’ He thought to himself. ‘They could be great as one of the Dunedain Rangers. I think I will have a talk with Lord Elrond about this. If he agrees with what I have seen then I will approach them with a proposition of possibly joining their group. If it is okay with Otetiani.’

So, he approached Lord Elrond about the idea. Lord Elrond and Erester had been watching the five with great interest. They too noticed how well the friends’ skills had escalated in all areas. They also had the same idea about them becoming one of the rangers. The three elves decided it would be best to talk to Otetiani first since he was their leader. As he came closer to Lord Elronds office, he was wondering why he was summoned. Otetiani and the others changed quite a bit. They wore their hair like the elves in Imaldris and dressed in the tunics and leggings that they wore. But once a week they would go to a special private place they were given to practice, what they normally did at home on Turtle Island. They were given some wood to build a small long house. There they would practice some of their long house ceremonies as they use to do.

They dressed in their traditional outfits which consisted of a gustoweh* leather leggings, breechclout and a sleeveless tunic shirt with leather fringe on it. In their hands, they held rattles with Otetiani holding a small hand held water drum. With Otetiani singing the lead and drumming, they would dance very lively inside the longhouse. Certain parts of the song the others would join in. They decided to all do this celebration type of dance now because they felt that in the near future they may never be able to do this together as one again. So, they would dance into the night until it was time to stop and then go to their rooms until the next time. Sometimes they would have an audience after a while. The elves never seen anything like it and decided to come watch. They were delighted by the dance and sometimes they were asked if they wanted to try. Soon there were too many to dance inside and they took it outside to continue the dancing. Everyone danced and laughed as they messed up their steps every so often though it mattered not. The ‘Private Area’ was no longer private. But that did not matter either because everyone was having a good time learning anothers culture of celebration. Even the two diplomatic elves and Lord Elrond joined in the festivities. Laughing and having a good time.

“Oh my this is quite different and fun!” Lord Elrond said a little breathlessly. “I will concur with that my liege” Erester was laughing and then went back into the dance again. “We are so honored to have them here and show us this. I am so glad Otetiani and the others decided to do this here.” Glorfindel said a little winded. “I can only say..Woooo..” He did not get to finish his sentence because at that moment an ellith grabbed him by his hand and pulled him back into the dance laughing.

Just then, Erester came back about the same time Glorfindel was pulled out. He laughed at the Balrog slayer trying to keep up with the young energetic ellith.

After a few minutes, he turned to Lord Elrond. “So your lady wife will be here in two days.” “Yes she will not be traveling alone. Another female will accompany her.” Lord Elrond told him.

Still looking at Lord Elrond he asked. “And whom might that be?” he quirked and eyebrow at him.

“Lady Galadrials twin sister Cherlindrea.” He said dryly his smile fading suddenly.

“Really! Lady Cherlindrea? Oh, this is going to be fun. That little red headed upstart sure knows how to have fun!” Erester rubbed his hands in anticipation. “I can’t wait for her to come here! I have got to tell Glorfindel this exciting news immediately!” Erester did not wait for Lord Elrond to respond and ran up to Glorfindel to tell him the news.

Lord Elrond bent forward and put his elbow on his knee and his head in his hand. He then sighed and muttered “Whoopee” Dryly. Then he remembered what happened the last time she was here. It was some centuries ago. But it seemed almost like yesterday.

***********************

They were celebrating in the ‘Great Hall’ of Glorfindel and Eresters homecoming from Lothlorien after fifty years. There was a lot of drinking especially from Lord Elronds end. Celebrian had gone to bed before the celebration. She decided to retire early and told her husband to stay. So Erester, Glorfindel, Cherlindrea and Lord Elrond stayed. Elrond drank so much wine that he passed out in his chair. That is when Cherlindrea came up with an idea.

She asked Glorfindel to find her a dress quickly and had asked Erester to help her lay him on the floor. Erester helped her in the meantime to remove his clothes except his leggings. Ten minutes later Glorfindel came back running and out of breath. “I looked for a dress he could wear, but all the ellith are too small for him to fit in one of their dresses. So, I looked in the storage area and found some dresses that belonged to some of the Edain near our community. Sometimes they would come here to learn healing skills, learn a trade, or just to trade. Some how they always manage to leave an article of clothing here. I found these two dresses. They are very large. Therefore, they should fit. I also found some paint pots.”

“Oh Good Glorfindel. Perfect!” Cherlindrea said. “Now help me to make him look pretty!” She smiled wickedly. The other two just laughed and prepared Lord Elrond for his um.. makeover.

The next morning he awoke to find himself propped on a bench in a faded but pretty pink dress with a low neckline. His hair was parted and braided with two pink bows on the ends. The found a shawl to put around his arms holding a small dainty purse. His lips were painted with red rouge and some was dabbed onto his cheeks. Then blue powder was put on his eyelids. Erester had gone to his room to retrieve a couple pairs of socks and stuffed them in the front of the dress to look like he had breasts. He took those out and decided to put two large pieces of clothe instead. He pretty much look like a tall ellith who was more than well endowed. As Lord Elrond came out of his fuzzy head banging sleep, he realized he was outside of his office on a bench holding a purse. He looked at it a little puzzled. Some elves had walked by very fast holding their hands over their mouths. He heard laughing and giggling and still could not figure out what was so funny and why he was holding a purse. Suddenly he looked down and noticed the dress and the shawl. Feeling a wave of nausea, he was afraid to get up. Then when he did he made a mad dash for the office. He almost ran into someone as he tried to get out of public view.

“Oh Valor! Elrond what happened to you?” She started to laugh. “Oh my get inside quick!” she grabbed his arm and led him inside quickly. “Find me a mirror quickly!” He said angrily. “Elrond I do not think you would like to see. Let me wash your face first.” Celebrian said trying to stifle the laughter that threatened to spill forth. “FIND ME A MIRROR NOW PLEASE!”. He said more angrily as his face turned red. Celebrian was facing away from him so as to not look at his face. “There might be one in the purse if you look, dear.” Lord Elrond looked inside reluctantly and sure enough, there was a small mirror. He hesitated for a few minutes then quickly looked. He stood up quickly and threw the mirror down breaking it into many pieces.

“CHERLINDREA, GLORFINDEL, ERESTER!!!”

However, luckily for them they were escorting Cherlindrea to ‘Green Wood The Great’ that morning so they did not stick around for the epilogue. She had business with King Thranduil and the duo had offered to escort her there that morining. He would deal with them later when they came back in two weeks.

***********************

“I am going to keep on the alert when she comes here. No telling what she will do. Or what the three will do together!” He grimaced just thinking of what might come. “I think I will turn in now.” He rubbed his temples with his fingers. “I am getting a headache”

TWO DAYS LATER

The day for his wife to come home finally came. He was most anxious to get his wife back in his arms. He missed her terribly. She had been gone for two years to visit her Ada, Naneth and foster brothers. Now she was coming home and he just could not wait.

Everything was being prepared for that day’s celebration of their lady Celebrians homecoming.

“So Lord Elronds wife is coming home today.” Gawas said to anyone listening. “Yes she is. It been a couple of years I understand that she left here to visit her parents. Time here is not important to the elves. However, right now looking at Lord Elrond he seems to be impatient for her return and is practically bouncing around. Its like he just got married and cannot wait for his young bride to return. Now that is Love.” Otetiani said to Gawas and the rest of his companions. They nodded in agreement.

Dadah watched in amazement as everyone hurriedly finished up last minute details for their arrival and tonight’s festivities. “They sure celebrate a lot around here. I cannot wait for the party to begin.” He chuckled. “They are being escorted by a handful of Lothloriens best Wardens I understand.

Someone announces. “They are here!” A few minutes later, an entourage of horses came through the gate with riders on top looking very elegant and regal.

Garak with his mouth open responded first.”Oh my goodness. They look so pure like they came from the sky. Their hair is almost white, but it glows and shines softly. I am almost blinded by such purity.

“All except one.” Otetiani said to him. He had seen her immediately and could not take his eyes off of her. She was beautiful and she had long beautiful red hair that went down to her knees. Her smile reached all the way to her eyes. She had at that moment turned and looked into Otetianis eyes and smiled at him. He could not seem to pull his eyes away from her. It was as if she had captured them and would not let go. He smiled back at her. It also did not go unnoticed by the four who watched the whole exchange between the two.

“Celebrian my love. You are finally here!” Lord Elrond said as he gently brought his wife down from on top of her horse. He immediately embraced her and gave her a very deep passionate kiss. “Oh my!” she said breathlessly when they finally parted. “That was some kiss!”

He whispered in her ear. “I can not wait to get you alone. My loins scream out for you. It was very ‘Hard’ not to jump up on this horse and take you there.” He smiled wantonly as he nuzzled her ear. She answered back in a very seductive voice. “VeryHard huh? Well then maybe we should forget the formalities and take care of this ‘Very Hard Problem. Hmm? She waggled her eyebrows then made a mad dash to their bedroom suite leaving Lord Elrond standing with his mouth open

He looked around and smiled. “Will you excuse me please?” He then made a mad dash after his wife. Everyone laughed as they knew why they were in a hurry to get reacquainted.

“Howah!” Degans only reply. “They must love each other that much to leave everyone here standing.” Chuckled Dadah.

“They have not seen each other in two years. I do not think everyone would mind their sudden get away.” Otetiani smiled at the thought.

Glorfindel and Erester just shrugged their shoulders. Then Erester spoke. “Since we seem to have a missing monarch and his wife at the moment allow me to welcome you Lady Cherlindrea and your nephews. Mae Govannen, Haldir, Rumil and Orophin. I am so glad you decided to come with your Aunt this time.” “Mae Govannen Lord Erester and Lord Glorfindel.” Haldir the eldest of the three put his hand over his heart and then bowed his head in respect. Haldir was like a young man of eighteen and very handsome. The young elliths who saw him smiled and giggled. Glorfindel rolled his eyes. “Young females!” was all he said. Haldir looked down his nose at them. Rumil saw them and smiled. He was like a fourteen year old. And Orophin who was still on his horse was like a ten year old.

“Orophin would you like some help down?” Erester asked him. “No sir, I can do it watch.” He then proceeded to jump down by himself and landed on his feet. “See I did it!” “You sure did that was the best landing I have ever seen, right Glorfindel?” Erester looked at Glorfindel waiting for a response. “Why yes that was a very impressive landing young Orophin.” He then proceeded to pat Orophin on the in approval. Orophin beamed with pride.

Erester then addressed Cherlindrea again. “We are so happy you decided to come and visit for a while. We had so much fun the last time you came here. Do you remember the last time?

“Oh Yes, I remember the last time. Celebrian said he was so upset that he would not come to the Great Hall for dinners or even the dances for a long time after that. The servants were afraid to come near him because he was in a foul mood most of the time.

“I know but it was all in fun and eventually he forgave us. But,” Erester then took her hand and kissed it. “We could find other fun things to do.” He looked at her and waggles his eyebrows at her. Glorfindel did the same.

At that moment, Otetiani who was watching suddenly found himself gritting his teeth and narrowing his eyes at the two lords. His comrades noticed this and moved slowly behind him so he could not see them smiling. Garak mouthed at the others ‘Otetiani jealous.’ The others nodded in agreement. Otetiani never notice the other four what they were up to. He was to busy starring knives into the two lords backs.

“Oh I am sorry, my manners. Lady Cherlindrea, Haldir, Rumil and Orophin. I would like you to meet Otetiani and his comrades, Garak, Gawas, Dadah and Degan.” They all bowed their heads with their hands over their hearts. “They are from a distant land called Turtle Island. Otetiani is the leader of the village they have come from.

Cherlindrea walked up to Otetiani as she held her hand out. “I am pleased to meet you Otetiani.” He took her hand and kissed it. At the moment his lips touched her fingers they both felt a small jolt run through each other’s bodies. They both gasped at the same time. Then Otetiani let go of her hand and stepped back before regaining his composure. “I am happy to meet you my Lady. I am also sorry about the jolt you received from my lips. I do not know what happened.”

“You do not need to apologize Otetiani. You did not do it on purpose. And please call me Cherlindrea.” She smiled at him blushing. “As you wish.” He smiled back.

Meanwhile six heads turned and looked at each other with their mouths open. They knew what happened. Haldir and his brothers were completely oblivious to the whole thing. ‘Cherlindrea blushes who knew’ Erester thought to himself. ‘Yes this is going to be an interesting visit.’

Glorfindel was the first to come out of their shock (so to speak). “Lady Cherlindrea Gilorn here will show you to your rooms now if you will follow him.””Thank you Glorfindel.” She said as she bade her nephews to come along.

Otetiani watched after her as she left then he finally went to his room without a word to anyone.

“Yes this is going to be a very interesting visit. I think.”Erester spoke aloud this time. Everyone nodded in agreement. Dadah said. “You’re telling me alright!” he chuckled.

TBC.
Chapter End Notes:
About the ‘Long House’ ceremonies. I tried to present a picture that you could imagine what it was like and still is practiced. If you are ever in the New York area or the upper eastern states, look up the powwow especially Iroquois powwows. They do a smoke dance that is similar to the long house but only a little faster. Many times, they will ask for audience participation. Its fun! Anyone can do it.

My thanks to Oli who has betad my stories for me.